• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin Megathread

After I had a grand mal from mild benzo WD I was prescribed gabapentin. I'm now on 900mg daily and don't do near as much rec drugs as I used to, not even weed. It keeps me nice and levelled.

I'm taking this again to mitigate tianeptine withdrawal. The myoclonus jerks are awful. I can barely function and I've fallen on my ass twice. I flung a water bottle across the room jerking. Hate this side effect.

I'm taking this again to mitigate tianeptine withdrawal. The myoclonus jerks are awful. I can barely function and I've fallen on my ass twice. I flung a water bottle across the room jerking. Hate this side effect.

If you don't mind me asking, what dose of Tianeptine are you withdrawaling from?

I was taking nearly 3g of the sodium salt per day. I've tapered down to 1.2g of the free acid per day. I will continue to taper as much as I can before jumping off.

Is the gabapentin helping much? Do you think phenibut would help much if one couldn't get gabapentin?

Nothing near you. Maybe 300-400mg a day at most. I didn't give the WDs time to take full effect so I honestly don't know how bad it would be. I preemptively started dosing neurontin as soon as I finished my last dose. Columbus Day means I won't get my package 'til tomorrow, so I'm scrambling.

Never taken phenibut, but I'm sure it would help. Neurontin is working, I can function, but my head still feels kinda foggy. I guess that might be the antidepressant side effect of it.

I have taken 20,000 mg of gabapentin in one dose. Using 800 mg tabs. It used to make me fly. I believe that tolerance goes down 9% for each dose.

Gabapentin Headaches

So I've been getting a decent amount of relief from my Post Treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome symptoms from gabapentin, taken at night to help with insomnia and resulting fatigue. But the past three nights I had a headache every time, about thirty minutes after I took my gabapentin. I also noticed that the headache came on each time after I started masturbating (sorry for the TMI, but I think it might be relevant) and I looked up sex headaches, which is apparently a thing. This morning I also have a similar headache. I'm hoping that the headache is not related to the gabapentin but I wanted to check to see if that is a common occurence.
It was on the back of my head on the right side where I felt most of the pain. It went away after one ibuprofen if that gives a good estimate of how severe.
Is this something that's possibly a dangerous side-effect of gabapentin? Or is it more likely a coincidence? My dad has migraine syndrome (I think?) which manifests not only with migraines but with all sorts of minor headaches etc... Maybe I'm just genetically prone to headaches with varied triggers?
What should I do?
:/ :?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?
:/:?

If you find its 100% related to the gabapentin then switching to lyrica helps and has less side effects plus its stronger. I switched from 2800mg of gaba a day to 300mg of lyrica a day. I feel way better. but I take it for anxiety.

I've heard that lyrica might be better and i'll definitely be sure to bring it up with my doctor. wouldn't it have similar side effects to gabapentin though?

It does have similar side effects but if the headaches are unbearable on the gabapentin you're gonna want off it I presume; so what do you have to lose by switching to Lyrica. Ask the doctor and see what his/her opinion is on the situation.

They're not unbearable yet and are easily relieved by a low ibuprofen dose, I'm just concerned that it might have something to do with this med, because it's been so helpful to me otherwise with so few side effects

You might be better off just riding it out, and not changing your med if that isn't ruining your life. Way the pros with the cons and decide for yourself. Any substance that causes a depression of the central nervous system has a side effect of possible headaches, just something I have found through out the years.

So I've been getting a decent amount of relief from my Post Treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome symptoms from gabapentin, taken at night to help with insomnia and resulting fatigue. But the past three nights I had a headache every time, about thirty minutes after I took my gabapentin. I also noticed that the headache came on each time after I started masturbating (sorry for the TMI, but I think it might be relevant) and I looked up sex headaches, which is apparently a thing. This morning I also have a similar headache. I'm hoping that the headache is not related to the gabapentin but I wanted to check to see if that is a common occurence.
It was on the back of my head on the right side where I felt most of the pain. It went away after one ibuprofen if that gives a good estimate of how severe.
Is this something that's possibly a dangerous side-effect of gabapentin? Or is it more likely a coincidence? My dad has migraine syndrome (I think?) which manifests not only with migraines but with all sorts of minor headaches etc... Maybe I'm just genetically prone to headaches with varied triggers?
What should I do?
:/ :?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?
:/:?

Merged with the me´gathread

I've taken all of the nerve meds available... Pregab, Gabapentin, Neur, Lyrica, etc. Lyrica is by far the most effective imo. Helps both my anxiety & nerve pain more than the others have. Even recreationally. We're talking 12+ years of pain/nerve med trials, so I've had em all. If you can switch, give it a shot.

i'm definitely coming around to the idea that they might not be caused by the gabapentin, because I have them while not on the gabapentin which has a short half-life and i shouldn't feel it in the AM

but it's kinda weird that I have daily headaches when I never did, so I'm kinda worried it may be the gabapentin. I'd talk to my dr about it but i'm worried that we won't be able to find a suitable drug to treat ptlds since gabapentin was one of the simplest, most well-tolerated meds

I'm prescribed gabapentin 600mgs 4x daily. At most, it takes away about 20% of my nerve pain. So, obviously I am a little underwhelmed with it.....but, it's the best nerve pain killer that I've been prescribed...so I continue to take it.

But recently my AWESOME pain doctor(who truly cares about my health) started a whole new "section" in his pain practice.....Ketamine infusions....OH MY GOD it fucking works 1000% and lasts a couple weeks(at least for me, it varies from person to person....for some people it lasts a whole year). I simply go to my doctors office and sit in a nice comfy armchair and they put an IV in me and give me an infusion of ketamine for about an hour. It makes you trip balls and feel AMAZING euphoria(like you would expect from pure medical grade IV ketamine) and then I have someone drive me home.....very easy.

....I highly recommend Ketamine infusions. Maybe you can find someone near you who does it.

Good luck,

jB

*WARNING....the ketamine acts like a truth serum, except you just spout shit out without anyone having to ask you questions.....so be careful if you are more on the private side*

I don't think that my insurance will cover ketamine. I'm also treating fatigue and insomnia (from post treatment lyme disease syndrome) more than pain honestly. the gabapentin has been helping my insomnia for sure. and i still get dreams/REM sleep so it seems like its not fucking with sleep architecture too much

i've done k for sure tho and it seemed to help with some of my symptoms. def. felt less shitty