• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin Megathread

Oddly, I actually enjoy neurontin. I stray towards the harder side of drugs I suppose, being on heroin and all, but neurontin, while not quite as enjoyable as benzos, gives me some of the wackier effects, and even a little bit of music-related euphoria or CEVs at higher dosages or when mixed with opiates. But for most people, I don't see it having much potential for recreation or abuse...I'm just lucky with my neurobiology, I suppose.

Thank You, D's.

Thank you for making a mega thread on Gabapentin, D's. Gabapentin was one of those threads that sorely needed a megathread. I'll BRB and will add this to the OD Directory, and the MegaThreads and FAQ link in OD.

Any other Gabapentin threads that will be created after this will be merged into here, and any pre-existing Gabapentin threads will remain out of here, unless someone bumps it ahead of this one. In that case, it will be merged as well.

Some of them may be closed depending on the lack of genuine knowledge.

Man, I appreciate your sentiments and respect opinions but I'm sorry, I disagree. I'm certainly not familiar w/ your drug use so please forgive me, but have you taken much xanax and/or especially hydrocodone?

I know what you mean drug struggler, It does feel a lot like pain killer.
What's funny is that I was tripping today in class. I kept seeing swirls on my paper while taking notes. It was a weird trippy feeling.
.....I took maybe, 3600mg. I don't want anyone to think that that was a normal dose. Just like what pallidamors said.

Drugs effect people differently, I believe at high doses of anything your going to get some kind of buzz.

Thanks Captain.Heroin I decided to make this topic to help.With my my doctor knows that I have a drug problem so no xanax or anything. I'm sure there's people out that are the same :).

It actually makes opiates kind of enjoyable! You get really weird OEVs/CEVs with this one and opiates. It's sort of a mix between blurred vision and the kind of visuals you get when you've taken too much MDA.

Er, on its own it's a pretty mild-moderate sedative. Not terribly interesting, similar to antihistimines but slightly less sedating. I'm not sure I'd consider it addictive.

Pregabalin is pretty much like gabapentin except much more fun in every way.

It actually makes opiates kind of enjoyable! You get really weird OEVs/CEVs with this one and opiates. It's sort of a mix between blurred vision and the kind of visuals you get when you've taken too much MDA.
way.

Exacttly! I get those same OEV and CEV on it! The OEV makes me see swirles, like whirl pools in my notebook paper, and computer screens. The CEV is Insane! If i'm laying there in my bed, feels like i'm on a roller coaster, Lot's of diffrent scenes and the body fuck makes it feel realastic.
Not bad for 2000mg.
Now my tollerance is fucked. It's like you can only be high on them once every 2 weeks.

Er, on its own it's a pretty mild-moderate sedative. Not terribly interesting, similar to antihistimines but slightly less sedating. I'm not sure I'd consider it addictive.

Pregabalin is pretty much like gabapentin except much more fun in every way.

Yep, I've had full blown hallucinations from it. Mostly in dim light or no light, whereby lamps and other vertical objects turn into trees...welcome to the jungle, population me.

The CEVs that I've gotten from it seem to synch up to music at times as well, which is an effect I normally only get with DXM.

I know what you mean drug struggler, It does feel a lot like pain killer.
What's funny is that I was tripping today in class. I kept seeing swirls on my paper while taking notes. It was a weird trippy feeling.
.....I took maybe, 3600mg. I don't want anyone to think that that was a normal dose. Just like what pallidamors said.

Drugs effect people differently, I believe at high doses of anything your going to get some kind of buzz.

I think you may have taken too many neurontins :) I totally disputed your findings and questioned whether you had taken hydrocodone, definitely did not compare neurontin to any kind of opiate high! I'm sorry to be such an asshole, but I can't help it, we're comparing gabapentin to opiates, I mean, fuck ?!?!

Thank you for making a mega thread on Gabapentin, D's. Gabapentin was one of those threads that sorely needed a megathread. I'll BRB and will add this to the OD Directory, and the MegaThreads and FAQ link in OD.

Any other Gabapentin threads that will be created after this will be merged into here, and any pre-existing Gabapentin threads will remain out of here, unless someone bumps it ahead of this one. In that case, it will be merged as well.

Some of them may be closed depending on the lack of genuine knowledge.

Thanks Captain.Heroin I decided to make this topic to help.With my my doctor knows that I have a drug problem so no xanax or anything. I'm sure there's people out that are the same :).

This is too funny!!! Undetected sarcasm at it's finest, the best kind of sarcasm!

Last edited:
Neurontin is in its own twisted world. I know that it is nothing compared 2 codiene or all of codienes like alkoids but still it gives me the nod feeling. Yeah i take a lot. I would just begin low.

GABA with OPIATES

I was scripted 100 300 milligram gaba's recently for nerve pain. It has some uses, but not for nerve pain i'll say that. I started out taking 300mg 3x daily with no results except increased appetite.. So i pick up my next script & decide to push the envelope. I took 3grams with 20mg of Morphine & let me tell you guys n girls this was a fuckin hot 1 right off the bat. It had me floating for about 4 hours & normally low dose morphine only does it for me for 2 hours most. It certainly wasn't the gaba alone fo sho.

I don't wanna keep babbling so i''l check back in a couple days & hope there are some more news/views, experiences with this combo

Yeah, opiates and gabapentin are awesome together. I think I read somewhere a while back that gaba increases the bioavailability of morphine by something like 40%?

I was wondering what you guys thought about the risks of taking copious amounts of gabapentin. I know it can affect the kidneys. Apparently the max dose is 2400mg/day or 3600mg/day, depending on which of my doctors you ask. A friend of mine who is a psychotic pill-popper has taken 24 800mg pills of gaba before, and does at least 10-15 800mgs on a regular basis. Now his kidneys are always fucked up, but who knows if it's actually from the gaba or something else because this kid is a drug garbage disposal.

^ Actually, its backwards - morphine increases the bioavailability of gabapentin. Not as fun, huh? :)

In general, opiates [at least the morphine-like ones] increase gabapentin's bioavailability; but gabapentin decreases their bioavailability [hydrocodone for example]. I wouldn't take that trade-off.

Anyone who is considering combining gabapentin with hydrocodone or other similar opioids should keep this in mind.

It was a one time thing, cause I tried weeks later at 1500 and got no effects.. There isn't permanent tolerance, is there?

Gabapentin is one of those "Good for 1 time per month" kind of drugs. Witch I really can't think of any others.. Maybe like salvia? You smoke that shit, and you vow to never smoke it again, and a month rolls by and you smoke some salvia, lol (Trying to put this in some kind of way, work with me here ;))

..Well for me at least, your different than I am. I did notice that when I took really high doses, and tried to match it a few days later + more I wouldn't feel as high as I did. I did still feel weird, and mostly my hand-thought process was pretty much fucked and I couldn't hold on to a damn thing.

I really don't recommend this until you try it using the full capsules.
Parachute the same amount, this time take the white powder out of the capsules. I do not want to see you doing this to your entire 90-120** script bottle.

It will seriously kick in the effect's of virtually any kind of opioid or opioid-like alkaloid. So for you non-Americans hit up your local pharmacy for the codeine/Tylenol pills will pretty much double in strength.
Don't be a dumb ass and this being your first time doing a high mg Oxy, and think that you want to feel even more fucked up. Please don't! :(

If you think your overdosing from Gabapentin (Neurontin)
First thing to do is do not freak out/panic.( This will increase your heart beat so remain calm dude. :))
Second thing, take some fluid's, water, Gatorade, power aid, Pedialyte or any other liquid with a good level of water. Electrolytes will work best getting the fluids to your brain. I wouldn't recommend sticking your self with a IV-"saline solution " unless you know what your doing, and still if you notice your bad, CALL 911 ASAP! You CANNOT DRIVE if you've taken A LOT of GABAPENTIN! Not only it's stupid as fuck but ask the other bluelighter's how difficult it was to do normal thing's at high doses. So don't do it! :(
Third thing, control your blood pressure, and breathing. Like I mentioned above, before you even start to panic, grab some water ASAP and relax. Don't try to go cut the yard, or meet your in-laws/girlfriend's parents for lunch.
If you notice that the party is getting a little to out of hand call 411 for your local poison Yellow book it ahead of time or call 1-800-222-1222 ( United States Poison Control Center.)

I noticed someone from London,UK here, so for anyone outside of the United State's please go to http://www.who.int/ipcs/poisons/centre/directory/euro/en/. They listed about 48 countries that have Poison Control Center number's. If your country isn't listed use "Google", or contact your local/state/country health services. ( This might save your life someday so find out what the number is for future reference..)

Hope this clear's some questions about Gabapentin/Neurontin.
If your question hasn't been answered I beg you to ask it!!!

Be safe with ANY DRUG!!
<3
D's
:)

Last edited:
i was on klonopin 4mg a day for 5 years and taken off a month ago. neurontin does wonders for my anxiety in the 1200-1800 range. only been 2 days I am gonna try 1500 again tonight and will see what happens. I wasn't that impressed thought more would happen. i love the pulsing energy it gives you. plus it evens out my bipolar 2.

i was on klonopin 4mg a day for 5 years and taken off a month ago. neurontin does wonders for my anxiety in the 1200-1800 range. only been 2 days I am gonna try 1500 again tonight and will see what happens. I wasn't that impressed thought more would happen. i love the pulsing energy it gives you. plus it evens out my bipolar 2.

That's cool Jeah, I was prescribed it for the same reason. Since virtually every hospital around here knows that I'm a drug addict they don't prescribe me any benzo's, which is a good thing.
So do you take 5-6 capsules on average? Do you take it with water,cola,beer or milk?
I'm not trying to play 50 questions, but from my experience taking Neurontin different food's and cola's make the effect's more aware.
I dislike taking it with beer because mixing the two gives me to much of a body high.
I don't see a problem in taking another capsule, just don't make it a habit.

I take 3200 mg a day for bipolar, and it's good on a full stomach with cola. I think that fatty food actually works better but I'm not really sure. My high is nonexistent by now; tolerance develops *quickly* so don't take it more than once every 3 weeks. Otherwise you lose a lot of the trippy effects.

Also it's basically impossible to OD, you'll just get diarrhea and s**t it all out. Don't take more than 7 grams or you're wasting it. Make sure you drink enough water as it will dehydrate you.

D's, I'm not sure if you're aware but they come in more than just 300mg. Actually, I think they make a ridiculous amount of different dosages - 100mg, 200mg, 300mg, 400mg, 600mg, and 800mg.

I have taken 3500mg as a first time...
felt very little, if anything.
slightly sedated, and was seeing lights shimmering.

I was on gabapentin for a while. I got up to a pretty high dose, about 12.000 mg per day. Tolerance builds up very fast on this drug, so it was a dead end for me. Tapered down slowly, but I guess I could have gone cold turkey if I wanted to.

I was put on gabapentin to try and limit my drug-cravings. It kinda worked for a while, but was not a solution in the long therm.

its not recreational except with benzos or booze really (which are recreational ANYWAY). case closed!!!

out of curiosity what exactly does pregabalin do?