• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Unclogging a Rig

Sometimes the plunger part of the needle will expand and get harder to push and pull and will eventually get so pad you will just pull the pusher part of the plunger out of the plunger and not be able to use it at all, just pull it out after you use it and leave it out until you use it agian

This sounds like a pretty good way to get lots of festering bacteria inside your syringe. That is, if i understand correctly what you are proposing. Surely you don't want to leave your barrel open and unsealed like that?

I know this topic is rather old, but I still feel I have a valid comment.

I find it scary and deeply disturbing whenever I see people come on here and get great advice from people here - advice that may end up saving their life - just to blatantly disregard this advice because it's too cumbersome for them or they are to proud or know-it-all to take it.

This guy has just been told by multiple users that he is injecting particulate matter (for all practical concerns) straight into his lungs. We're talking about potentially irreparable damage which may end up shaving years off of the posters actual life span. Still, he doesn't give a shit because he heard it was ok from "2 good friends from 2 parts of the country".

I know the whole "you can drag a horse to the water, but not make it drink"-conundrum, but fuck man, we're talking about his goddamn lungs!! I know this sounds harsh, but if you don't have the respect for yourself - or the people who spend their time caring about you - to implement these very small and easy changes, you are asking for whatever might come your way.

This sounds like a pretty good way to get lots of festering bacteria inside your syringe. That is, if i understand correctly what you are proposing. Surely you don't want to leave your barrel open and unsealed like that?

Your right I should of added something to that, defiantly if your going to do that then clean it with alcohol. Even though if it gets that bad then I would think you probably used it to many times to begin with

I've used this rig a few times and it's been clogging, had to spray water through it just to get it to draw the sh!t through the spoon. Now, I got the sh!t in there and it won't come out :(

It's OC btw

GO get new clean equipment, all us users are quilty be lazy when it comes to the small things, we would wait in the freezing cold for hours in the middlle of no where for a dealer but cant be bothered to drive 10 mins to local chemist. any way jusy on a rant cas pal nearly killed him self usins dirty equipment few weeks back. No dout you will be able to get tip top info off the blue light crew on best way to clean up. have fun be safe!;)

I've lurked here for years but was compelled to register an account to share my last attempt to unclog a stubbornly clogged rig...would drano work? LOL...well I'm trying it (I tried the lighter method mentioned and other shit). I don't expect to it was more for the lulz...actually I hope it doesn't work cause if it does I might be tempted...

With crazy rinsing? Shit injecting drano can't be worse then meth.

Edit: I forget to mention another thing I wanted to share...I know that harm reduction is the goal but with this thread and many more you have to wade through a huge percentage of lectures to get to the information ostensibly contained within the thread. I am totally harm reduction. But when a man finds in life that he's arrived at a point where he must unclog a disposable syringe then that man is long past the point of worrying about some compromises.

Anyway for this crowd some of the information just marginally more informative than "you know those cigarettes will kill you". :) Thank you for the love none the less as always! :) Peace

Last edited:
I know this topic is rather old, but I still feel I have a valid comment.

I find it scary and deeply disturbing whenever I see people come on here and get great advice from people here - advice that may end up saving their life - just to blatantly disregard this advice because it's too cumbersome for them or they are to proud or know-it-all to take it.

This guy has just been told by multiple users that he is injecting particulate matter (for all practical concerns) straight into his lungs. We're talking about potentially irreparable damage which may end up shaving years off of the posters actual life span. Still, he doesn't give a shit because he heard it was ok from "2 good friends from 2 parts of the country".

I know the whole "you can drag a horse to the water, but not make it drink"-conundrum, but fuck man, we're talking about his goddamn lungs!! I know this sounds harsh, but if you don't have the respect for yourself - or the people who spend their time caring about you - to implement these very small and easy changes, you are asking for whatever might come your way.

Lungs? How do you inject into your lungs?

GO get new clean equipment, all us users are quilty be lazy when it comes to the small things, we would wait in the freezing cold for hours in the middlle of no where for a dealer but cant be bothered to drive 10 mins to local chemist. any way jusy on a rant cas pal nearly killed him self usins dirty equipment few weeks back. No dout you will be able to get tip top info off the blue light crew on best way to clean up. have fun be safe!;)

Some of us are in bad situations for doing so...it's not a matter of laziness always. I'm staying with a friend in the country but I sold my car when moving to the city so I have no car. Well maybe that is lazy actually. It would be a big production for sure. Anyway I may have to in any case...let me go check my drano experiment lol.

Edit: I am GRATIFIED to report that...No, drano will not unclog a syringe.

Edit: Also in regards to the lighter unclog method: the flame does considerably weaken the tip. I barely tapped the needle on the edge of a glass and it bent to hell at the point where the flame was held for a split second.