• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Unclogging a Rig

Deadhead420

Bluelighter
I've used this rig a few times and it's been clogging, had to spray water through it just to get it to draw the shit through the spoon. Now, I got the shit in there and it won't come out :(

It's OC btw

I've used this rig a few times and it's been clogging, had to spray water through it just to get it to draw the shit through the spoon. Now, I got the shit in there and it won't come out :(

It's OC btw

Get another rig and pull the plunger out of that one and backload it into the new rig. Honestly re-using rig's is a REAL bad idea. I mean if you have to use it twice i'd understand I guess. Maybe 3 times at the VERY most. Rig's become really blunt even after one use. There are some pictures floating around bluelight of what a rig looks like after just 2-3 uses and it's scary.

If you don't have another rig to use and that's the only one unclogging it is going to be pretty difficult and have it still usable. I'd imagine if it's OC and it's clogged it's probably because you got a pill particle lodged in there & that's something you don't want to inject into your vein! I'd say maybe pull the plunger out and dump the liquid back into your cooker/spoon and try your best to clean the rig out repeatedly till it feels like it flows again. then draw the OC back into the syringe and shoot it. then please go get some new rigs.

What are you using to filter it that it's letting big enough particles through that it's clogging your rig? If you need a source of small quantities of micron filters that are affordable let me know and i'll gladly help you out. If your going to bang pills like OC you really need to use a .20um micron filter so you avoid in insoluble particles and/or large particles that can clog your rig and your veins doing serious damage to your body.

That's all I can really suggest for unclogging the rig in your current situation though. Pull the plunger out, dump the solution into a spoon, clean the rig the best possible, and draw it back up.

Take a lighter, light it, run the flame over the needle for half a second. It should clear it up. If it doesn't, try one or two more times. If it still doesn't work, find another needle and transfer the contents.

REMEMBER: If you use the lighter method, let the tip of the needle cool off before sticking it in your skin.

Take a lighter, light it, run the flame over the needle for half a second. It should clear it up. If it doesn't, try one or two more times. If it still doesn't work, find another needle and transfer the contents.

REMEMBER: If you use the lighter method, let the tip of the needle cool off before sticking it in your skin.

Good call, that's something I never thought about. Do you ever notice this causing the needle to weaker to where you would run the risk of it breaking off in your skin? I'd imagine you could only do this a few times before it would become a hazard. Either way in a pinch situation this doesn't sound like a bad idea when you got the drugs already in the rig good to go. I've IV'd a lot and i've just never run across my rig clogging but when i've shot pills i've used micron filters and for the most part brand new rigs. I'll keep this in mind though. It's like Junkie Grandma's home Remedies.

Yeah, don't do it more than like...3 times, and when you do it, run the flame over the needle for literally a fraction of a second. You'll notice that even at that short amount of time, the needle will turn red. I've never had a needle bend any easier than normal, and never once had it break, with this method.

It's worth giving it a shot first. If it works, then you're set, but if it doesn't try another method.

I filter my OC with cotton dilaudid i just load in the back and shake... I can see white shit floating around in there. I can't even put it back in the spoon because when I take the plunger out it's creating a vacuum and won't come out (because of the clogged tip). My friend should be coming back with more rigs for me though. I guess I'll try using the lighter in the mean time.

To break the vacuum, just stick something small like a toothpick up in it, into the liquid, while holding it upside down over a spoon. That will break the vacuum and the liquid will come out.

You need to stop doing cold-shakes with your Dilaudid. If you aren't filtering, besides the fillers and binders clogging the rig, you are shooting all that particulate which is incredibly unhealthy. You really need to filter it properly.

I filter my OC with cotton dilaudid i just load in the back and shake... I can see white shit floating around in there. I can't even put it back in the spoon because when I take the plunger out it's creating a vacuum and won't come out (because of the clogged tip). My friend should be coming back with more rigs for me though. I guess I'll try using the lighter in the mean time.

I don't want to lecture you at all, but please do NOT cold shake Dilaudids, for goodness sake they at the very least need a cotton filter too. If you can see white stuff floating in the rig that's going directly into your vein and it's obviously insoluble if you can see it and it's clogging the rig. I just care about your health, and you should too. I regularly use Dilaudid and IV it at times as well. Im prescribed 6X 4mg's a day, and they don't make a Dilaudid pill anymore that's able to be back loaded for cold shakes like the old K4's were back in the day. I won't even just use a cotton filter on Dilaudid's anymore. I get Malli M4's monthly & i cotton filter first, then run it through a .20um micron filter, and then IV it. It should be crystal clear. I've even missed a shot before which is bad news with pills, but since i used a .20um micron filter it didn't even hurt or bruise.

If your interested in micron filters at all, even in small amounts that you can afford to seriously save your health PM me at any time. Those Particles you are letting through by just using cotton or god forbid back loading and cold shaking are insoluble and collect in your lungs and eyes causing all kinds of problems later in life. As well as talc deposits in your lungs causing talcosis.

I mean I IV Dilaudid as well at times, which isn't healthy but I try to do it as healthy as I possibly can. Good luck and I hope you get that rig unclogged. Seeing particles floating in the rig is bad news though!

um few things

i heated a rig once and i felt it dulled out a lot... i ended up basicly forceing the thing into my arm. i dont know if this is because of the heat... but just something to keep an eye out for

some states have needle exchange programs.. i would look into it...

Needle exchange programs aren't going to help you un-clog a needle.

The heat can dull it if you keep the heat on it for too long. It will melt slightly and become misshapen. This is why I say to run the flame over it for a small fraction of a second, nowhere near long enough to allow the metal to warp, and not to repeat the process more than 2 or 3 times for the same reason.

Your best bet is to remove the tip so you can access the content with a clean syringe. Pull the plunger back (creating -ve pressure) then use scissors to cut off the plastic to separate the needle, and then use another rig from the now open end of the old clogged rig.

^ He may have a syringe that doesn't have a removable needle, though. In the US, it's pretty rare to come across syringes with removable tips. Most have the needle built directly into the syringe.

^
The 0.5 ml standard insuline syringes (bd) have a removable tip , lot of people dont know about it just twist the needle off gently

Yea I don't think my tip is removable... I'm in the US. I did what you said with the lighter held it under just for a fraction of a second like you said and I heard i kind of pop and then it unclogged :)

As for cold shaking... I asked 2 good friends from 2 parts of the country and the both said that's the way to go for dilaudids. Just backload, add hot water and shake. It worked for me. I just started IVing though I think I'm about to take a break from it. I find it makes me feind for more opiates the next morning more than other ROAs.

Glad the lighter method helped. That pop is when you know it's worked.

As for backloading, yeah, it works, but it's incredibly damaging to your veins and lungs.

The BD syringes do have removable needles, and a lot of people don't know that, but not everyone uses those specific needles (in my case, almost everyone I know uses the 1ml syringes) so that's why I pointed that out.

There are some pictures floating around bluelight of what a rig looks like after just 2-3 uses and it's scary.
You mean this picture?

needledeterioration.jpg

If your going to bang pills like OC you really need to use a .20um micron filter so you avoid in insoluble particles and/or large particles that can clog your rig and your veins doing serious damage to your body.
This is true. OC's have talc in them, this will become lodged in your lung if you don't use a 0.2 micron filter.

Those Particles you are letting through by just using cotton or god forbid back loading and cold shaking are insoluble and collect in your lungs and eyes causing all kinds of problems later in life. As well as talc deposits in your lungs causing talcosis.

What collects in the eyes? I know talcosis effects the lungs, but what would collect in the eyes?

The BD syringes do have removable needles, and a lot of people don't know that, but not everyone uses those specific needles (in my case, almost everyone I know uses the 1ml syringes) so that's why I pointed that out.

The BD syringes I get have permanently fixed needles, it says so on the box. 28g 1/2" needle 1/2 CC

Your best bet is to remove the tip so you can access the content with a clean syringe. Pull the plunger back (creating -ve pressure) then use scissors to cut off the plastic to separate the needle, and then use another rig from the now open end of the old clogged rig.

This is best, we call it the "Breimann method" around here. Make sure the cap is on the needle in case it goes flying off, though if you use the "shark teeth" scissors it will split off peacefully.

I'm using my last rig for the week right now and its very difficult to pull back and push forward, (like its clogged) but when I took a magnifying glass to the opposite end of the needle with the plunger off and held it up to the light I could see straight through the needle and it didn't looked clogged or congested at all. Any suggestions?

I'm using my last rig for the week right now and its very difficult to pull back and push forward, (like its clogged) but when I took a magnifying glass to the opposite end of the needle with the plunger off and held it up to the light I could see straight through the needle and it didn't looked clogged or congested at all. Any suggestions?

Sometimes the plunger part of the needle will expand and get harder to push and pull and will eventually get so pad you will just pull the pusher part of the plunger out of the plunger and not be able to use it at all, just pull it out after you use it and leave it out until you use it agian