• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Dimethylcathinone

hamhurricane

Bluelighter
i was amazed there is no thread for this already, Dimethylcathinone/Metamfepramone is equipotent to cathinone and was a supposed ingredient in certain european party pills. does anyone have experience with this chem yet? would it be reasonable to assume it is subjectively similar to MCAT? Im thinking the effective dose would be around 35mg.

I imagine that its not until N-demethylation that it becomes properly bioactive.

Yeah we need more information about this. I might try this, but first 'd liket o know the dose and how long it lasts.

I remember reading that it was popular in Israeli smart-shops at one stage a few years ago.

I also recall reading that it makes people BP shoot-up like PMA, but that might be scare mongering for all I know.

I mean, it is not that different to diethylpropion so there is no reason to suspect it is disproportionately dangerous.

I mean, it is not that different to diethylpropion so there is no reason to suspect it is disproportionately dangerous.

I don't get that logic. As far as I know, ethcathinone is less harmful than methcathinone, ethylamphetamine is less harmful than methamphetamine, etc...

if MCAT is 1.6x the potency of DMCAT, a dose for MCAT is around 20mg i hear (if your like me and dont like to use massive doses of stimulants) so i would bet this one is active around 35mg.
has anyone here used diethylcathinone though, if i remember correctly that one had issues with serotonergic neurotoxicty...

if MCAT is 1.6x the potency of DMCAT, a dose for MCAT is around 20mg i hear (if your like me and dont like to use massive doses of stimulants) so i would bet this one is active around 35mg.
has anyone here used diethylcathinone though, if i remember correctly that one had issues with serotonergic neurotoxicty...

Yeah, but would it mean that also this one has neurotoxicty problem? Info that I have so far gathered is that effects lasts about 5h and it's more like amphetamine high than MDMA. Sounds good so far, but if its neurotoxic I wouldn't touch it.

35 mg only for Dimethylcathinone ?
I already get some months ago, but i took more: around 80 mg from memory as someone indicate this as moderate dose.
I didn't like it. Too much heart rate increase. No pleasure, no euphoria.

I didn't try it anymore because of this bad result.
It's only one try and perhaps i get bad reaction to it, so I don't pretend this is a valid TR. If someone has another though on it, i'm interested.

I dont think he said that. Maybe just that plain cathinone or methcathinone is preferable.

According to:

http://designer-drugs.com/pte/12.162.180.114/dcd/chemistry/dimethylcathinone.html

"Several more washes removed almost all of the by-product, and a sample (about 100 milligrams) was consumed intranasally."
"Notably, there was practically NO effect on the blood pressure, nor was the heart-rate increased. In effect, no cardiovascular side effects whatsoever."

So strange.
They are considering a dose of 100 mg. And saying so effect on heart/blood pressure. Totally different from what i felt.

Anyway i'm considering to try a lower dose than my first time (like 40 mg).

According to:

http://designer-drugs.com/pte/12.162.180.114/dcd/chemistry/dimethylcathinone.html

"Several more washes removed almost all of the by-product, and a sample (about 100 milligrams) was consumed intranasally."
"Notably, there was practically NO effect on the blood pressure, nor was the heart-rate increased. In effect, no cardiovascular side effects whatsoever."

So strange.
They are considering a dose of 100 mg. And saying so effect on heart/blood pressure. Totally different from what i felt.

Anyway i'm considering to try a lower dose than my first time (like 40 mg).

And what about physiological effects? More like amohetamine or what? Also what about neurotoxicity?

Acivity depends on its metabolisation to Monomethyl-cath I would guess,so if theres a variance in population on how they can metabolise it, a variance of subjective effect are also likely,no?

I imagine that its not until N-demethylation that it becomes properly bioactive.

Almost certain that's the case as diethylpropion is utterly useless as either a monoamine releaser or reuptake inhibitor; it's only when one of the N-ethyl groups are removed, to give ethcathinone, that it has any significant activity. Could be easily verified by finding which enzyme is responsible for N-dealkylation & then inhibiting said enzyme so no active metabolite could form.

Have 500mg, and will test out a little bit nasally now. ~35-40mg as it was your first recommended dose..

edit:
10-15minutes ago i took 40mg nasally. Feel a bit clearheadedness, a slight stimulation aswell as a tiny speckle of wellbeing.. hard to tell, its not really in-your-face euphoria. But there definately is something there.
Small pleasant buzzy feeling in my legs.

I'm going to smoke a cigarette now, on other stims that feels pretty great, so if this has activity it should feel good too..

Last edited:
Have 500mg, and will test out a little bit nasally now. ~35-40mg as it was your first recommended dose..

edit:
10-15minutes ago i took 40mg nasally. Feel a bit clearheadedness, a slight stimulation aswell as a tiny speckle of wellbeing.. hard to tell, its not really in-your-face euphoria. But there definately is something there.
Small pleasant buzzy feeling in my legs.

I'm going to smoke a cigarette now, on other stims that feels pretty great, so if this has activity it should feel good too..

At the end of the day (several hours later) I felt only minor stimulation, and that was down to pure mental stimulation, with a somewhat slow comeup. Higher dose next time.

After more test around 40 mg, i have same feeling as you: slight but clear stimulation and no rush.
Not so much euphoria and no really come down.

So at this dosage it's quite nice. But i don't like higher dosage because of heart racing.
It feel like a kind of amphetamine with shorter duration.

ughhh...has the beta-ketone-phenethylamine series given us anything 'friggin' awesome', or just pale imitations of better things? I know that MDPV is super-potent, but even the ritalin 'experience' is superior. . .

ebola