• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Dimethylcathinone

I think this is a respectable choice of RC to try. For starters it is completly legal (I think?) and secondly it is closely related to methcathinone, which is not a bad stimulant iirc. The only downside with methcat is that you cant buy it legally.

Repulse: Did you like the effects? I hope they were at least satisfactory even if you wernt expecting anything awesome.

ughhh...has the beta-ketone-phenethylamine series given us anything 'friggin' awesome', or just pale imitations of better things? I know that MDPV is super-potent, but even the ritalin 'experience' is superior. . .

I'm agree with you regarding MDPV and ritalin. MDPV plain sucks IMO. But i like ritaline on the other hand.
Regarding dimethycathinone, i think it's more a study/work drug than a party drug. Nothing awesome, just nice. Kind of amph imitation.
Feel free to test and have a different feeling !

Well, There was no - real - pleasant side of it, other than having a bit more energy at your hands.. I didn't feel any raised heartbeat, so I might try it a tad higher on the dose.

Pure stim, no euphoria - for now at least. So its OK if thats what you're after.. (I might sound a tad disappointed, which I am, euphoria is always nice %)- but i didn't really expect it from previous reports either)

Do you folks who have taken this (and have also taken salts and/or isomers of amphetamine) feel amphetamine is or isn't euphoric? Personally, amphetamine (I am familiar with d-amp and mixtures of d and l-amp) is euphoric, more so than Ritalin but certainly not as much as methamphetamine (d-MA is what I have tried) or cocaine. On a scale of 1 to 10, If ephedrine is a 1, ritalin is a 3, amp is a 5, and cocaine and meth-A are 9-10...where does dimthylcathinone fit? How about MCAT?

I've done lots of amphetamines, and I am just about to try dimethylcathinone for the first time. I'll post a comparison in a few hours.

around 50ish mg up the nose, some tingles of stimmy goodnesss already.

Last edited:
To me, it felt like unmodified Adderall XR 60mg's. It wasnt an in your face punch of euphoria like the equal amount of just powder amphetamine would have, but it was/is quite stimmy, background euphoria, drive/motivation, reduced physical pain and fatigue, caused mydrasis, elevated heart rate and blood pressure and is over all IMO, alot better then Ritalin. I would compare to best to taking adderall XR as prescribed in a high dosage. Not a super awesome drug, but not a total lightweight either.

I also find it very compulsive.

Last edited:
this was from 50mg, right?
To me, it felt like unmodified Adderall XR 60mg's. It wasnt an in your face punch of euphoria like the equal amount of just powder amphetamine would have, but it was/is quite stimmy, background euphoria, drive/motivation, reduced physical pain and fatigue, caused mydrasis, elevated heart rate and blood pressure and is over all IMO, alot better then Ritalin. I would compare to best to taking adderall XR as prescribed in a high dosage.
why would you compare it to "XR" specifically? the duration shouldn't be a factor in this case(you said you took it ~150mins ago)

sounds not bad at all. i will try this one soon.

I guess the intensity. Its about equipotent with XR amphetamine salts....so much weaker then amphetamine hcl up the nose. Thats what I was trying to get at, it diddnt hammer you like 50mg D-amp up the nose would, but was more in the background.

Dimethylpropion has undergone clinical trials but for the most part was rejected in favour of diethylpropion as it's less toxic & has less abuse potential as an appetite supressant (mind you, diethylpropion is rather abusable - I once convinced a doc that I was a fat lad and needed Apisate - diethylpropion weith vitamins added - prescribed to stop me raiding the tuck shop in the school I worked (it was in the technicians prep lab, next to my lab and it was so easy to put 40p in the float and stuff a Mars bar into my face at morning/afternoon breaks! :))

Ethcathinone is quite selective for noradrenaline. Is there any receptor binding values for Dimethylcathinone and/or Methcathinone?

^ There's a table somewhere giving the neurotransmitter release & uptake inhibition (DA, NA & 5-HT) of a load of stimulant drugs - I'll try & find it on my hard drive unless someone has quicker access to the table & would post it

I used to do diethylpropion last year (abusing some diet pills), it gave a nice amount of euphoria, lasted quite a few hours but it had an even bigger amout of noradrenaline effects which made it quite unpleasant on the body... Couldn't eat for 48 hours after taking it, sleeping would be very hard, a lot of twitching, compulsive behaviour, etc. Not worth it imo, unless you don't have access to other forms of speed (which is my case).

Personnaly i feel no euphoria on DMcat. Amph give me some euphoria. Even modafinil give me more euphoria.
For me, this one has very few abusing potential, no euphoria, not so pleasent on the body.
Just an awake feeling and less duration than amph (so you can sleep at the end of the day).

How much of a pro drug is metamfepramone to methcathinone? ..

meaning does it make sense to IV abuse it?

How much of a pro drug is metamfepramone to methcathinone? ..

meaning does it make sense to IV abuse it?

I'm not a doctor nor am I giving medical advice, but I would be very wary of IV'ing any stimulant where the vasoconstrictive effects are poorly understood. Though it's a structurally unrelated drug, there's been some case reports of death or amputation resulting from IV use of propylhexedrine, which most would call a "weak" stimulant.

There hasn't been a ton of research on di- and tri-methylated amphetamines, but dimethylamphetamine is supposedly a weaker stimulant than methamphetamine, which makes me wonder about metamfepramone.

For me at least, amp was euphoric as recreational doses for a little while, but tolerance to the euphoric effects develops very fast....but mixing relatively high doses(high enough that side effects would make it unpleasent on its own) with a small benzo dose feels pretty great.

And I don't know what the effects of metamfepramone on its own are, but if it mainly acts as a pro-drug then IVing would be pointless and honestly I find IVing any stim without a really good rush to be a bad idea...the effects wear off very quickly and come down comes on strong and hard, ime the best way to take stims is orally, especially vs snorting, even with methamphetamine after the rush wears off its gonna be so fiendish that you'll want to keep doing it and before you know it you've taken WAY too much and are gonna go a sketched out, sweaty, twitchy, paranoid mess with a horrible comedown, while vs smoking/snorting meth taking ot orally will resul in a long lasting, smooth, very pleasant high.

Last edited:
I was thinking about how U-47700 only lasts 1h/1h30 max when IV'd vs 6h-7h when eaten. It seems that when IV'd the dimethyl bond breaks down much faster than when it's eaten; the metabolism is "faster". Would it be the same regarding DiMethCathinone? And DiMethylone, DiMethylMephedrone and DiButylone all have a nice rush when IV'd, so I guess my guess makes a point. I'll pbly try to IV this if I where to buy some (chances are quite small).

I was thinking about how U-47700 only lasts 1h/1h30 max when IV'd vs 6h-7h when eaten. It seems that when IV'd the dimethyl bond breaks down much faster than when it's eaten; the metabolism is "faster". Would it be the same regarding DiMethCathinone? And DiMethylone, DiMethylMephedrone and DiButylone all have a nice rush when IV'd, so I guess my guess makes a point. I'll pbly try to IV this if I where to buy some (chances are quite small).

Huh. I've been staring at this for a few minutes, and I'm not sure what the reason would be for such a dramatically different duration. That drug looks pretty darn lipophillic, and I found a predicted logP value of approximately 3.75 using scifinder, so that thing is going to partition into fat pretty extensively. I'm not sure if that may be responsible for the different duration, and I can't really think of a great mechanism. Is that just from anecdotal reports?