• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 3-MeO-PCP Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for linking my report, Psoodonym.

I have not taken any of it ever since my last trial (my third one), about a month or so ago.

It is a very fascinating compound indeed, but as psoodonym noted, I definitely think it is "medicinal", in the sense that it seems to be best suited for a clinical setting rather than for either recreation/fun or spiritual seeking. That was my experience.

I have found this drug to be consistently bi-phasic. The first phase, lasting 3-4 hours, I have called in my reports a "disinterestant" phase. It is characterized not so much by sensory dissociation as with PCP or K, but rather with a complete and utter lack of interest in any and everything that enters a person's mind through the senses. Quite bluntly, I find this phase boring and conductive to negative thought.

The second phase begins abruptly and takes over the first at the end of the timeframe I indicated above, and brings out a very cathartic and wonder-filled state of mind that I can only compare to the "window" discription of MDMA ("nothing happend, but a lot did happen...etc). A lot of psychoanalysis, contemplation, reflection, etc. happens here, and it feels almost forced, yet there isn't much about it that is psychedelic-like. It is just a state of extreme openness, especially with one's self and one's unconscious.

This state seems to last a very long time, and in fact I find it difficult to sleep at night if I had taken this drug around noon.

Oh yeah, the drug is very stimulating - almost like amphetamine - to me. I also found that with my high-dose trip it can get a bit loopy and manic toward the end and had to end it with a benzo.

I must also note that, unlike all other dissociatives I've tried, this is the only one that twice gave me a sort of "crash" the next day. I felt the same way one feels after having had a bad experience on a very high dose of bad weed, if this makes any sense.

But all in all, a very worthy compound. I will be exploring it further in the future, but this time I will try to I.M. something like 15mg - a very low dose for my tolerance, but I'll just stick to it and see what happens.

I must say though, that this hasn't much to offer me that Ketamine is incapable of offering.

As a minor aside... Might be best not to overdo it with this compound. I guess it carries a similar risk of psychosis as compared to PCP.

I'm sure F&B will have something amusing to trip report on when he gets back.

I do hope Kev feels better soon <3.

That said, if you look in TR, you'll notice he'd been playing with at least a couple of PCP analogues in a short period of time. I know a few other BLers are (or have been) doing the same as well. I never thought this was a good idea, but didn't want to sound rude.

Like I noted in my post above, 3-MeO-PCP absolutely, most definitely has a manic side to it IME. Since PCP does as well, and I heard even worse of 3-MeO-PCE, one can put 2+2 and say that the current PCP analogues are probably not exactly free of PCP's mania problem.

As a matter of fact, the loopiness I experienced in my last experience was exactly what made me lose all interest in trying it again until a significant amount of time had passed.

But all in all, a very worthy compound. I will be exploring it further in the future, but this time I will try to I.M. something like 15mg - a very low dose for my tolerance, but I'll just stick to it and see what happens.
If you are referring to a ketamine tolerance only, be careful. 15 mg IM was around what fastandbulbous made his way up to after a while, at least so far as I've read, and he also has a ketamine tolerance. The emotional reaction I had to 11 mg (8 mg and 3 mg more at +1hr w/o tolerance) was far stronger than I would have expected of any other dissociative. I'll probably try around 15 mg IM myself the next time I use it, but only because I reacted in a singularly positive way to a moderately lesser dose. I would call my reaction highly spiritual (manifested as an extraordinarily amplified feeling of righteousness and beauty), though inspired by context. My choice of around 15 mg for a future dose has nothing to do with ketamine tolerance, as I have none. If this compound will challenge you, it won't be predominately because of its NMDA antagonism. For me it certainly has something powerful that ketamine alone does not.

Well, Ketamine or not, it took at least 20mg of this compound (nasally) to make me feel any subjective effects :).

Btw, I will remind you that if the "highly spiritual" experience you speak of is the same one you wrote a TR on, then remember that you took LSD and other drugs at the time ;).

Well, Ketamine or not, it took at least 20mg of this compound (nasally) to make me feel any subjective effects :).

Btw, I will remind you that if the "highly spiritual" experience you speak of is the same one you wrote a TR on, then remember that you took LSD and other drugs at the time ;).
20 mg? Well, OK! You're good to go! That's reassuring, actually, assuming the tolerance you mentioned was only to ketamine (as that implies that the non-NMDA-antagonism-mediated effects do not cause too many issues at doses, like yours, substantially higher than I've experienced.)

The spiritual experience that I refer to is reported in this thread, 3 posts ago. The experience was from 3-MeO-PCP alone. It was far more emotionally intense, absolutely aching in fact, than when I previously mixed a much lower dose with LSD.

I do hope Kev feels better soon <3.

That said, if you look in TR, you'll notice he'd been playing with at least a couple of PCP analogues in a short period of time. I know a few other BLers are (or have been) doing the same as well. I never thought this was a good idea, but didn't want to sound rude.

Like I noted in my post above, 3-MeO-PCP absolutely, most definitely has a manic side to it IME. Since PCP does as well, and I heard even worse of 3-MeO-PCE, one can put 2+2 and say that the current PCP analogues are probably not exactly free of PCP's mania problem.

In reference to Kevins "episode" it was most definitely not manic or psychotic in nature. I'd wholeheartedly agree with you about the mixing of dissociatives. I found neither of these compounds mentioned to have a manic side.

Compound : 1-{1-(3-Methoxiphenyl)-cyclohexyl}-piperidin.HCl , >99% (HPLC)

Description : Psychedelic Dissociative
Dosage : 4-15mg
Administration : p.o. , i.m. appears to work well too
Duration : ~4.5h +/-1h depending on dosage; after-effects not included
Typical course : First effects at 30', strong onset at 1h, peak at 2h, sudden drop at 3h

In the said doses,it is rather anti-manic but the problem with this compound appears that you get psychotic before you'll hit a hole.I've now upped the max. dose above to 15mg,though I had 20mg problemfree.BUT!the difference from 17.5mg to 20mg was quite big,not so in regards to intenisty as this appears reaching a saturation point,but the quality of the effects felt very different,something new became suddenly apparent.

Things start to get entire new meanings,the drunk state suddenly is filled with a new clarity,CEV's and OEV's get prominent,associations start to spin wildly etc.While this can be highly spiritual (and it indeed was), I could see that this could make a unexperienced person going crazy,mobility is still there,you know,unlike with Ketamin.It felt like being on a "threshold".With 25mg I then indeed fell in a hole-like trance filled with wild epiphanies and imaginations.Judged from the outside it certainly could qualify as psychotic-like.Perceived as highly spiritual revelations by me but there was a certain unease as I felt it REALLY challenged my mind (which does say something,spiritually I'm usually hardly being put on ice).

So be very careful with this compound,problem/reward also is that it reaches deep,very deep ground.For the non-tolerant user it is best to stick with the above given dosages.While I had many trips in these regions and should have been accustomed to its tune,the states it produced only a bit higher still caught me from the left-field.

And I'm not sure if a (NMDA antag.)-tolerant user is also tolerant to its other effects aka DRI etc.Might be a reason Jamshyd had a "crash".I don't think its too much of a stimulant,and indeed its PCP-binding/DRI ratio (5,4:1) is higher than the notorious PCP (2:1).But its clearly more stimulating than K.

Needless(?) to say that combinations (part. with downers,a no go!a bit alcohol the next day might be ok though) shall be approached only with caution as not much is known yet about 3-MeO-PCP.I think also strongly that this was the culprit in f&b's "journey to the outer staplers".

I always came back fast and well even on the most divine-hellish journeys with 3-MeO-PCP,but it takes time for integration.And to eliminate from the body...

Be careful and spread the message to apply caution with this compound.Spiritually and psychologically it is a precious little gemstone,but like in all such cases,it has two sides.Yes,going crazy is a SERIOUS danger with 3-MeO-PCP,and I'm talking 3-MeO-PCP ALONE,and please, when titrating it up,do it very slowly and with small increments.

Take care,may humanity make progress with it! <3

Curiouser and curiouser! I'll note that during my first time at just 5 mg orally thoughts and memories started crawling like kudzu, especially in reaction to smells. I wouldn't call it manic, but the two times I've been on it in public (5 mg oral and 8 mg IM) I walked tall, wore a goofy smile, and wasn't concerned who saw me. I felt compelled to make small talk with strangers, too. It was all very much under my control, but clearly discernible nevertheless.

It seems that the qualities of 3-MeO-PCP that don't manifest themselves for hugo 24 until the higher end of the dosage range are fairly acute for me even on the lower side.

Can't wait to try this one again. The issues for me being tolerance and dose. Possible cross-tolerance with ketamine still seems to be a bit up in the air from what I can tell. I would imagine there must be a certain degree of tolerance but that's pure opinement with no basis in actual knowledge. My ket tolerance is unlikely to drop far from the level it's gotten to so I guess that's kinda irrelevant. Perhaps.

My bigger worry is with dose. I know shooting 5mg IV mid-binge wasn't exactly HR at its finest or even remotely big or clever but it felt very comfortable - no worries of having overshot :)D) the mark. IM would seem the ideal option for bang for yer buck but there seems to be some considerable variation in doses between individuals. I don't exactly have a lot to play with so really want to make the most of what I do have whilst also neither under or over dosing.

Ramble aside, what I was wondering was how redosing works (or doesn't work). It seems psood0nym redosed IM with some success but was wondering if anybody else has any experience of redosing or he has anything further to add on that subject. Is it worthwhile and effective to redose once or twice to get to wherever I want to go or is it better to go for one larger initial dose? From a purely HR standpoint it would obviously be better to dose lowish with no redosing and leave a good gap between use... but when substances are scarce it's kinda tempting to take more of a chance in case I never see the stuff again. Of course, from f&b's nekkid stapler-worrying incident it seems wiser to not risk it... but I gather he was combining with 3-MeO-PCE (which also sounds rather scrummy) and I assume that made the situation worse.

Meh, big ramble, little point so tl;dr version: any more experience and opinion regarding IM redosing, folks? :)

Let me add a few notes here (assuming people here have read my TR on the substance).

I actually agree with hugo that during the initial 3-4hrs, the drug is indeed not manic (I won't go as far as calling it "anit-manic" though ;)). But that is because a manic person responds with exaggeration to stimulus, and here we have a drug that makes all stimulus flat and uninteresting. In the initial phase.

As I note in my report, there is actually a strong stimulation in the first phase, and in fact a powerful sex-drive enhancement, but all are masked by this "disinterestant" effect.

Really, for me everything this drug may do happens during the second phase, which I am gathering from many people's account is actually simply it's after effects. If this is the case, then here is a drug where the after-effects are more significant than the actual effects!

Another note: do keep in mind that I was on Gabapentin + Nicotine for a lot of my experiences (which is a regimen I am on most of the time when sober). Gabapentin definitely enhances ALL the effects of Ketamine in my experience, so it isn't far-fetched that it enhanced this one.

The "loopy" effects I experienced toward the end of my third trial (about 12h after the initial dose) reminded me disturbingly of my experiences with amphetamine psychosis and/or GHB withdrawals.

I am a hypochondriac, and I have developed similar techniques for my inner-dialogue as with my body to identify false alarms, and this was certainly no false-alarm.

And I'm not sure if a (NMDA antag.)-tolerant user is also tolerant to its other effects aka DRI etc.Might be a reason Jamshyd had a "crash".I don't think its too much of a stimulant,and indeed its PCP-binding/DRI ratio (5,4:1) is higher than the notorious PCP (2:1).But its clearly more stimulating than K.

I was unaware of the actual figures, but yes, this is definitely something I can vouch for. See my post above about comparisons with amp. psychosis and GHB w/d.

Please take care, hugo <3

Last edited by a moderator:
any more experience and opinion regarding IM redosing, folks? :)
I've only re-dosed twice. 2 mg insufflated about an hour after a 5 mg oral dose had fully kicked in and 3 mg IM an hour after injecting 8 mg IM. Both times I noticed an increase in effects in line with what I'd expect if no tolerance issues had come into play. That's not the same as redosing 2 or 3 times at 2 or 3 hour intervals though, so it might not be of much practical relevance.

... so the story unfolds.

This is really fascinating guys, but please be careful.

Jamshyd, you're report is absolutely fantastic as usual. I love your writing style.

Hugo, I would love to hear more about what exactly you mean by "challenged my mind." Is this thought disorder type phenomena, approaching full-fledged psychosis?

I am intrigued by the psychotic proneness of this material, but not intrigued enough to go there voluntarily. I'll try to finish typing up my first few trials with 3-meo-pcp tomorrow. Not nearly as eventful as some are reporting, as I've stayed in the lower dose range.

Good good, Dondante. More reports please :)

I've stayed in the lower dose ranges myself so far but must say I find the effect quite subtle really. I've been experimenting with redosing and various methods of administration this evening...

Started with 5mg vaped which produced a noticeable stimulation and pretty strong euphoria (was grinning from ear to ear =D) but my lungs told me not to repeat that experiment. The smoke/vapour (chased off tinfoil) was smooth and painless but after an hour or so there was some minor chest discomfort which made it clear that vaping wasn't a good option for this stuff.

Next up was another 5mg sniffed about 60-90 minutes after the initial smoked dose. This produced more of a rush and was smoother than vaped. Seems like a reasonably good way of using it.

After another 60-90 minutes I followed up the snifter with another 5mg IV dose. No real rush from IVing it which kinda surprised me. Took a while to build up to where it's going but is far from unpleasant ;)

I can see what Jammy means by his "disinterestant" comment. There is stimulation, euphoria and an all-round sense of well-being and comfort... but a strange lack of... well... interest. I guess (and it really is just a guess cos I know nowt) that it's maybe the dissociative side to it coming out. Somewhat alienated yet also filled with peaceful, loving energy. Strange and fascinating stuff :)

Here's a report on my first few trials. It feels fairly devoid of substance, but then again, I haven't yet taken a "journey to the outer staplers".

3-MeO-PCP Retrospective

P.S. F&B, I hope you're doing alright...I understand that as much joking as there has been, it's likely been an intensely challenging experience.

We're all pulling for you and hoping you're back to 100% soon.

Oh yes the smell thing psoodOnym,I really think it actually enhances smells,at least in the lower doses!

And btw did anyone notice any "mungies" from it?It happenes to me regularly on these,not strong,but distinctly there.Funny as usually on Dissos I never even think of eating.

Dondante is right here,"I understand that as much joking as there has been, it's likely been an intensely challenging experience. " - while it can be helpful being funny about it to get over it,there are things which simply are though.Think about going out again to those people sawing you running naked (if it really happened).I remember the challenges after my DOB dose,the poeple in the house you suddenly remember you as a drug feaker...but I went to them thanking for helping me and saving my life (ringing on the door yielded a bit a fearful look first though...).It took me quite an effort to do it as you can imagine but I felt it absolutely necessary to work it through.It went quite well I'm happy to say and I found a susprising understanding.I could close te chapter in peace then.

As for redosing,after not reaching the known level at hour 1,redosing works simply additive,up to maybe 1.5hours after the first ingestion (please be aware that this is very early if you're not accustomed to the course,think delayed overdose of slow onsetters!).

I forgot to add that the 25mg trial wasn't a single dose,I was sure I had tolerance as the day before I had 15mg 3-MeO-PCE.I went for 15mg 3-MeO-PCP to get at least a 10mg equivalent,took 5mg more at 1h and 1.5 hour.This then put me in that mentioned hole (with some delay again).Now I'm beginning to wonder if that 3-MeO-PCE te day before had anything to do with it,think f&b's "adventoure" by a possible similar regimen! I have a feeling that the latter has an unusual DRI component to it (goosepimples,mood lift etc),this is not in conflict with a potential calming effect,something which a lower dose of amp can have as well.But its the one which gave me the srongest hangover so far of the 3-MeO's,like from a traditional stimulant.

Read up again in PIHKAL under MDA about the benzylic isomers! Plus,those simple N-alkyl analogs here are IMHO prone to binding to other substrates ie unselectivities (transporters,D receptors(!?).

Dondante:"Hugo, I would love to hear more about what exactly you mean by "challenged my mind." Is this thought disorder type phenomena, approaching full-fledged psychosis?"
Somehow,yes,the fear developing,otoh no,because the spiritual content seemed to make so much sense but then in a psychosis everything makes sense.I can't answer it yet,it might come in drops as it still gives me a lot to chew on.

Note:I haven't dosed this compounds daily except on that occasion were I somehow felt an urge to push for limits.Usually I've done it 2 to max. 3 times per week,often crossing compounds-and that included the low dose titrations resp. first trials.So far I have no tolerance developed which is an objective I wanna stick to it.They're simply too valuable compounds for me.As for the past,I maybe had a P-hole,with K I yet have to encounter a hole altough I was close once.

Simply don't wanna do the mistakes again I did with MDMA.But sure I have combined 3-MeO-PCP a few times with other drugs,part. after a good day of stimulants.While it almost made me sober again,I felt that it only increased the urge to do more stims,which would be very counterproductive (my only addiction problem from the last 20 years,occasionally flaring up...).Not sure if that 3-MeO-PCP also allowed me to leave the that bag behind,finally.BUT I formulated the clear will to abandon my stim habit this spring,where it flared up again (for you know the reasons).This will must come first though,but its as if the title compound makes you able to detach from events/burdens from the past.Not that I replaced one addiction with Another,as might happen.At least not yet.

How so?

Only as dangerous as one makes it IMO.

pcp...hmmm, that sounds dangerous.I know it isnt that bad,media are stupid but still,it is very brutal halucinogen,one of the most dangerous I know.Puting word "MeO" right before it makes it look even more dangerous.MeO drugs can kill you easily,even meo-dmt and that is dmt = much safer drug.PCP is dangerous enough,making it meo is like asking for trouble.Wait for F&B and his trip report,I think he will have more or less similiar opinion.

changing a "potentially dangerous" (obviously when used improperly) psycadelic drug which is known to cause psychodic and manic behaviour to make it more potent just seems like a silly idea to me
call me crazy

Yes, doing drugs is dangerous, particularly RCs with as little research & understanding as PCP analogues. I don't think anyone who is doing these substances is stupid enough not to realize that. Now that we've got that out of the way, let us worry about what we put into our body :)

I'd be interested to hear a comparison of the effects of 3-meo and 4-meo-PCP, as I've only done the latter and am intrigued by this substance despite the obvious risks. Also really looking forward to hearing what F&B has to say about all this.

pcp...hmmm, that sounds dangerous.I know it isnt that bad,media are stupid but still,it is very brutal halucinogen,one of the most dangerous I know.Puting word "MeO" right before it makes it look even more dangerous.MeO drugs can kill you easily,even meo-dmt and that is dmt = much safer drug.PCP is dangerous enough,making it meo is like asking for trouble.Wait for F&B and his trip report,I think he will have more or less similiar opinion.

Putting MeO in front of something doesn't mean anything unless you are comparing similar compounds. For instance 5-MeO- substituted tryptamines can show similar effects by virtue of the MeO group but if you are talking about a whole other compound then it's a whole new territory.

For crying out loud mescaline is 3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine. According to your logic that would be something like a lethal poison.
In chemical nomenclature you are bound to encounter similar syllables representing the building blocks. But unless you understand the context don't pretend you understand the compound.

That said, I do have apprehension considering PCP and its analogues but that has nothing to do with the names, it has to do with the duration of effects, immersion and the sketchy sides dissociative anaesthetics can have.

Status
Not open for further replies.