Bluelight

Thread: The Big & Dandy 3-MeO-PCP Thread (Part 1)

Page 1 of 30 123451121 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    The Big & Dandy 3-MeO-PCP Thread (Part 1) 
    Bluelight
    Compound : 1-{1-(3-Methoxiphenyl)-cyclohexyl}-piperidin.HCl , >99% (HPLC)

Description : Psychedelic Dissociative
    Dosage : 4-12mg+ (not higher tested yet)
    Administration : p.o. , i.m. appears to work well too
    Duration : ~4.5h +/-1h depending on dosage; after-effects not included
    Typical course : First effects at 30', strong onset at 1h, peak at 2h, sudden drop at 3h

A recent reference experiment with 6mg PCP yielded the usual effects,they were comparable to 8mg or 10mg 3-MeO-PCP (depending on which effects are judged).So its about 50% less potent by weight than PCP.But PCP lacks this unique "window of transcendence" of its 3-MeO cousin.Note: data given from a non-tolerant,single subject with an average sensitivity to dissociatives but no particular special preference to that compound class.

Still being a dissociative,it shares many properties of the traditional psychedelics like introspection,self-reflexion,lucidity,empathy,CEV/OEV etc.

I'm sure the thread will grow on this new(re-!) found holy-grail Soma!
    --------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by atrollappears View Post
    Had a good experience with this chemical (probably the chemical it's supposed to be this time, lol). Dosage was 14 mg insufflated followed by 9 mg insufflated approx. 30-40 minutes later. Definitely preferred to MXE and DXM; this chemical lacks the disinterest-inducing effects of the former and the stupefying effects of the latter. Easy to be in a social setting, pretending to have imbibed alcohol. Dancing was excellent and automatic.

For the good of the universe, here are the reagent test results for this sample:
    Marquis: No color change, significant amount of smoke
    Mecke: Red-orange color, also some smoke
    Simon: No reaction
    Quote Originally Posted by Transform View Post
    I've just tested two different batches of 3-MeO-PCP with the marquis reagent and both fizzed and gave off a good wisp of HCl smelling "smoke". There was no colour change.
    New thread here
    Last edited by Transform; 10-05-2014 at 17:49.

2. Collapse Details

sounds interesting. did you prepare the compound yourself?

3. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I'm just going to put a link to my report here for posterity's sake: 3-MeO-PCP--First Time--A Highly Intriguing Dissociative

Its thread currently has the most qualitative information on 3-MeO-PCP on Bluelight.

4. Collapse Details

I would say it has the most qualitative info in all the internet machine.

This interests me. These PCP analogues could be my new ticket to sweet dissociation..

5. Collapse Details

I feel it's the best candidate I've ever come across for the drug in Robert Louis Stevenson's 'The Strange Case of Dr Jeckyll & Mr Hyde'. Very, very unusual stuff with a quite unique sort of influence on the normal concious mind.

I feel that it will have a rather dark side that will emerge, but I can't help really liking the stuff (like to a rather worryinmg degree! )
    Last edited by fastandbulbous; 26-07-2009 at 09:08. Reason: Amending piss poor spelling!

6. Collapse Details

European & African Drug Discussion
    A Pottering Shed Somewhere in the Scotchland
    Dose: 6mg orally followed by 2mg insufflated 2hrs later. I have no tolerance to NMDA antagonists and I'm slightly more sensitive to ketamine and DXM than what I think of as average from reports.

Onset: first alerts in 30 minutes orally, but it really ramped up between the 1:20 and 2hr mark.

Duration: uncertain, I took a hit of LSD with the insufflated dose and then IM'd ketamine and psilocin about 1.5hrs after that. I think at the 6mg level the peak is probably 2-3hrs with a 2hr decline to a wobbly baseline.
    Now that's the way to run trials

Colour me intrigued. Been interested in these recentish (very recent in this case) PCP analogues but this would appear to be a bit of a star so far... *gets researching head on*

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fastandbulbous View Post
    I feel it's the best candidate I've ever come across for the drug in Robert Louis Stevenson's 'The Strange Case of Dr Jeckyll & Mr Hyde'. Very, very unusual stuff with a quite unique sort of influence on the normal concious mind.

I feel that it will have a rather dark side that will emerge, but I can't help really liking the stuff (like to a rather worryinmg degree! )
    wait, do you mean in terms of addiction potential, overdosing or qualitatively speaking? or all of the aforementioned?

8. Collapse Details

It has also an antidepressant property,as it has an anti-manic quality-recently I started to drift into a manic state and decided to take 8mg 3-MeO-PCP,it stopped it dead in the tracks and so far I'm still neutral.Not comfortable though with the possibility of taking it more often for these purposes.But it surely has a strong centering effect,my bipolar temprament is simply like "no more there" after I take it.

Wanting to take more,not happened to me but I don't have this either with K or PCP.Therefore no cravings noted so far for 3-MeO-PCP,once I redosed because the level was not appropriate due to tolerance (5mg after 10mg),it got me there then,no further doses afterwards,I was just happy.But would I wanna give it away? NO WAY!

I suspect the emerging side-effects when taking more will limit its appeal and you can't easily hole on it like with Ketamin it appears,plus it is really just not overwhelming,ask B9.BUT,if you have a habit of redosing dissociatives I suspect it can be addictive like hell! So be careful! The long term neurological impact is still unknown and this has to be taken serious.
    Last edited by Transform; 07-02-2013 at 20:40. Reason: Merged double post.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by hugo24 View Post
    It has also an antidepressant property,as it has an anti-manic quality-recently I started to drift into a manic state and decided to take 8mg 3-MeO-PCP,it stopped it dead in the tracks and so far I'm still neutral.Not comfortable though with the possibility of taking it more often for these purposes.But it surely has a strong centering effect,my bipolar temprament is simply like "no more there" after I take it.
    Dissociation at its finest that is.. Dissociation just puts you right in that perfect neutral ground.

That excites me.

10. Collapse Details

How does it compare with 4-MeO-PCP???

11. Collapse Details

Well after finding my 4-meo-pcp attempt to get boofed by the tolerance gods, getting only 1 hour of peak and 4 total to baseline, I would have to imagine I'd get jack shit out of this being that it only gave you 4 hours to begin with.

That sucks.

Man that DXM builds a serious tolerance wall something fierce.

12. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Jamshyd's 3-MeO-PCP report, for posterity.

Both Hugo24 and Jamshyd don't find 3-MeO-PCP recreational, whereas fastandbulbous and myself do.

I'll add to these observations that my latest experience with it was utterly fantastic. It was my highest dose yet: 11 mgs IM (8 mg IM followed by 3 mg IM 1 hour later). I found it highly pleasurable and even opiate-like at first. I started watching a claymation film, "The Adventures of Mark Twain"--which I had seen a clip of linked to in the PD forum and instantly resolved to watch on 3-MeO-PCP. Unexpectedly, I had a powerful emotional experience to the film under the influence of the 3-MeO, which I doubt I would have experienced on any other dissociative that I've tried.

The character of Mark Twain was very grandfatherly, and the quotes from the original man's writings used in the film combined with memories of my own grandfather, now dead, had me sobbing repeatedly at the beauty of both men's lives and the creative earnestness that certain scenes and their accompanying music seemed to exemplify. It was very classically psychedelic in its affect on my emotions. Later that night it inspired me to use 4-ho-DMT mixed with ketamine, again (the emotions from the 3-MeO were so powerful and acutely defined that I felt they implied my readiness), and it was probably the most transparent and discerning of any trip I've had with that profound combo so far.

In contrast, I've read Hugo24 describe the 3-MeO-PCP experience as an anhedonic, or emotionless, "beth state." Jamshyd's report seems to align with this description somewhat, calling it in his subsequent comments "medicinal". The "set" of both of them during the the time of their experiences looks to be one of heavy emotional burden. I have to conclude that, far more than other dissociatives, 3-MeO-PCP is responsive to its user's context.
    Last edited by psood0nym; 16-10-2009 at 10:00.

13. Collapse Details

As a minor aside... Might be best not to overdo it with this compound. I guess it carries a similar risk of psychosis as compared to PCP.

I'm sure F&B will have something amusing to trip report on when he gets back.

14. Collapse Details

Indeed, Nuke. Even the mightiest of psychefiends can come a cropper from time to time. Much to f&b.

My own experience with this compound is so far limited. I acquired a small sample whilst in a stimmed-out ketamine haze. Being somewhat careless and reckless and carefree at the time I IV'd 5mg once and the same but combined with ~200mg of ketamine on one or two occasions towards the end of a 10 day binge sans sleep. Bear in mind my tolerance to ketamine is shocking and 200mg IV is not an unusually high dose for me.

I suspect due to such obscenely ridiculous tolerance, the 3-MeO-PCP's individually unique effects were somewhat hard to discern. There was a definite stimulation and quite strong euphoria with surprisingly less midfuck than you would expect under such circumstances. It had a definite anti-depressant afterglow and was certainly most pleasurable indeed

From the small amount I've read about it, it seems that - like ketamine - IM is probably the best option to get the most from this compound. I was left very much intrigued and wanting more. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing - especially in the light of the news about The Bulbous One. I will report back on further experiments when my determination to let my tolerance drop slightly (yeah right ) is met - as and when

Get well soon, Bulby Baby. And get cracking on that TR
    Last edited by Shambles; 29-10-2009 at 05:12. Reason: detail + details

15. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Words
    My hopes are blighted, my heart is broken, my life a burden, everything around me is sad and mournful; earth has become distasteful to me, and human voices distract me. It is mercy to let me die, for if I live I shall lose my reason and become mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delsyd View Post
    "You lucky sons'a'bitches" to quote MGS.
    LOL, lucky to say the least.

I'm content with having tried what I have so far. If I were to never try a new psychedelic I could live with myself...I am obviously looking forward to much more than not trying any others though.

IMO, I like K pretty well and I don't even know if I would be a fan with PCP analogues. I guess there would be only one way to find out though.

16. Collapse Details

Ah I wanted to purchase 4-meo-pcp, but I've pretty much lost interest after reading about this stuff lol.

Has anyone tried IV dosing? Is it a different experience as I've heard with ketamine IM vs. IV?

17. Collapse Details

As mentioned above, I've sampled 3-MeO-PCP IV but have never sampled 4-MeO-PCP. Number 3 was lush but from what I gather number 4 is less so, Nearjat.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    As mentioned above, I've sampled 3-MeO-PCP IV but have never sampled 4-MeO-PCP. Number 3 was lush but from what I gather number 4 is less so, Nearjat.
    Yeah that's what I gathered from peoples short comments on it, thank you.

Haha, 3-meo isn't available to me though and I honestly have better things to do than search for more RC sources.. hhahaha

19. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by fastandbulbous

I feel that it will have a rather dark side that will emerge, but I can't help really liking the stuff (like to a rather worryinmg degree!
    The above is worth requoting now.

He said some other stuff about it removing the "internal editor" that proofs his speech for public consumption or something, too. It's all starting to make more sense. 11 mg IM--8 mg + 3 mg 1 hr later--with no dissociative tolerance is the highest I've taken it, and I didn't detect the slightest twinge of crazy. Who knows what the dose was or what else he took, though. Still, warning duly noted.

Best of luck man. Glad to hear you've come back with your sense of humor intact!

20. Collapse Details

It sounds dangerous to me

21. Collapse Details

How so?

Only as dangerous as one makes it IMO.

22. Collapse Details

Thanks for linking my report, Psoodonym.

I have not taken any of it ever since my last trial (my third one), about a month or so ago.

It is a very fascinating compound indeed, but as psoodonym noted, I definitely think it is "medicinal", in the sense that it seems to be best suited for a clinical setting rather than for either recreation/fun or spiritual seeking. That was my experience.

I have found this drug to be consistently bi-phasic. The first phase, lasting 3-4 hours, I have called in my reports a "disinterestant" phase. It is characterized not so much by sensory dissociation as with PCP or K, but rather with a complete and utter lack of interest in any and everything that enters a person's mind through the senses. Quite bluntly, I find this phase boring and conductive to negative thought.

The second phase begins abruptly and takes over the first at the end of the timeframe I indicated above, and brings out a very cathartic and wonder-filled state of mind that I can only compare to the "window" discription of MDMA ("nothing happend, but a lot did happen...etc). A lot of psychoanalysis, contemplation, reflection, etc. happens here, and it feels almost forced, yet there isn't much about it that is psychedelic-like. It is just a state of extreme openness, especially with one's self and one's unconscious.

This state seems to last a very long time, and in fact I find it difficult to sleep at night if I had taken this drug around noon.

Oh yeah, the drug is very stimulating - almost like amphetamine - to me. I also found that with my high-dose trip it can get a bit loopy and manic toward the end and had to end it with a benzo.

I must also note that, unlike all other dissociatives I've tried, this is the only one that twice gave me a sort of "crash" the next day. I felt the same way one feels after having had a bad experience on a very high dose of bad weed, if this makes any sense.

But all in all, a very worthy compound. I will be exploring it further in the future, but this time I will try to I.M. something like 15mg - a very low dose for my tolerance, but I'll just stick to it and see what happens.

I must say though, that this hasn't much to offer me that Ketamine is incapable of offering.

23. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by nuke View Post
    As a minor aside... Might be best not to overdo it with this compound. I guess it carries a similar risk of psychosis as compared to PCP.

I'm sure F&B will have something amusing to trip report on when he gets back.
    I do hope Kev feels better soon .

That said, if you look in TR, you'll notice he'd been playing with at least a couple of PCP analogues in a short period of time. I know a few other BLers are (or have been) doing the same as well. I never thought this was a good idea, but didn't want to sound rude.

Like I noted in my post above, 3-MeO-PCP absolutely, most definitely has a manic side to it IME. Since PCP does as well, and I heard even worse of 3-MeO-PCE, one can put 2+2 and say that the current PCP analogues are probably not exactly free of PCP's mania problem.

As a matter of fact, the loopiness I experienced in my last experience was exactly what made me lose all interest in trying it again until a significant amount of time had passed.

24. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamshyd View Post

But all in all, a very worthy compound. I will be exploring it further in the future, but this time I will try to I.M. something like 15mg - a very low dose for my tolerance, but I'll just stick to it and see what happens.
    If you are referring to a ketamine tolerance only, be careful. 15 mg IM was around what fastandbulbous made his way up to after a while, at least so far as I've read, and he also has a ketamine tolerance. The emotional reaction I had to 11 mg (8 mg and 3 mg more at +1hr w/o tolerance) was far stronger than I would have expected of any other dissociative. I'll probably try around 15 mg IM myself the next time I use it, but only because I reacted in a singularly positive way to a moderately lesser dose. I would call my reaction highly spiritual (manifested as an extraordinarily amplified feeling of righteousness and beauty), though inspired by context. My choice of around 15 mg for a future dose has nothing to do with ketamine tolerance, as I have none. If this compound will challenge you, it won't be predominately because of its NMDA antagonism. For me it certainly has something powerful that ketamine alone does not.

25. Collapse Details

Well, Ketamine or not, it took at least 20mg of this compound (nasally) to make me feel any subjective effects .

Btw, I will remind you that if the "highly spiritual" experience you speak of is the same one you wrote a TR on, then remember that you took LSD and other drugs at the time .

Page 1 of 30 123451121 ... LastLast