steroids and not exercising

RhythmSpring

Bluelighter
Hi, I'm very new to this forum (SD) so this may be a stupid question, but

what happens if you take steroids and you don't exercise? Do you still gain mass/muscle? Are the side effects worse/better? Is it ever a good idea?

Thanks

Is it ever a good idea?

If you're talking about performance-enchancing steriods, as opposed to ones used for other medical purposes, then no this is would be a terrible idea.

You will not build mass, nor muscle. Yet you will experience the same side-effects more or less. I mean if I took Viagara to improve my sex life but didn't have sex, would I bypass the side effects? 8)

horrible idea to take steroids and not workout...i know some dude i went to high scool with that took some gear and didnt lift and he gained a 20pound pot-belly that he still has to this day 9 years later...

Steroids are for SERIOUS bodybuilders and athletes. Not for people just looking for a shortcut to muscle.

there is no magical supplement/steroid/pill to take to gain muscle. Steroids are a supplement to a well organized diet and workout regimen.

take steroids and not work out and you'll have gained no muscle but will have fucked your hormone levels up.

Hi, I'm very new to this forum (SD) so this may be a stupid question, but

what happens if you take steroids and you don't exercise? Do you still gain mass/muscle? Are the side effects worse/better? Is it ever a good idea?

Thanks

I really don't know whether to laugh or get mad at questions like these:\ Just use your head man. You really have to start a thread asking that?

It might seem obvious to you because you know how steroids work, but obviously I don't. Yes, uninformed people are frustrating.

It might seem obvious to you because you know how steroids work, but obviously I don't. Yes, uninformed people are frustrating.

So honestly, you believe steroids are some magic potion you inject and your muscle just sprouts up like a bad weed? C'mon do you think it would be wise to use anything with that mindset? Especially a strong drug?

I use to know a bouner at a club who would blast a gram of test with winstrol and insulin and never enter a gym...today he looks terrible

^Hahah you kidding me? He's got more $$$ than brains shit. INsulin? Risking being a diabetic for life? You need to tell your friends what's up!

Ok, good to know that it's a bad idea. I didn't ask because I thought that's how it worked. I asked because I need to put on some muscle, but exercise is completely out of the question for me (I have rheumatoid arthritis/lyme's disease).

So I was just making sure there isn't some perfect remedy, if you know what I mean.

Building muscle

I've been working out for 25 years. There is no fast way to build muscle, no supplement, no pill, NOTHING will instantly build muscle. Supplements and pills say that but it is a lie to get people's money. The only and realistic way to build muscle is to work out for years and years and a healthy diet. No shortcuts. Like everything else in life building muscle is a slow process, it takes time and work and there is no magic pill. Be patient and train hard. Good luck!

Last edited:
I've been working out for 25 years. There is no fast way to build muscle, no supplement, no pill, NOTHING will instantly build muscle. Supplements and pills say that but it is a lie to get people's money. The only and realistic way to build muscle is to work out for years and years and a healthy diet. No shortcuts. Like everything else in life building muscle is a slow process, it takes time and work and there is no magic pill. Be patient and train hard. Good luck!

Interesting first post, in answer to a question from 8 years ago..??????

If you start juicing you will gain muscle even if you dont train. That's the whole point of some of these compounds. Dianabol for example was given to aids patients to stop/reverse muscle atrophy.

I just started a cycle of dbol and test and I'm on my 4th week of dbol. I just started training this past weekend but I've gained 15 lbs so far with a good diet and lots of water. Granted a lot of that is water weight but I did gain some muscle.

Obviously working out while on gear is much better as you break down the muscle fibre and since steroids increase nitrogen retention and increase the speed of protein synthesis you will gain muscle much faster while recovering faster.

To answer the question even though it is a dead thread. Yes, you will gain muscle, in fact more muscle than somebody training and not taking steroids. There's a study out there somewhere that I couldn't be bothered to look up where it tested 4 groups. The ones who took gear and didn't train, gained something like 2-3x more than the group who didn't take gear but trained.

In no way is this a good idea as the risk far outweighs the reward.