• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy ++++ Thread

I tend to have rather powerful and deep trips, when it comes to LSD/mushrooms/tryptamines.

I've managed to achieve very deep psychedelic state a number of times. As for "++++" I understand not just powerful experience, but experience that is free of delusions and can be integrated later. Experience that I've managed to include in my sober life. So, in my case, ++++ is not just powerful spiritual experience and state of becoming one with universe/learning "truth" about it, but spiritual experience that really accelerated my personal development and at the same time changed my way of perceiving reality. Not just mysticism for the sake of mysticism.

I've achieved this state on high doses of LSD, mushrooms, oral DMT and being sober, on meditation.

Here is a report of a ++++ experience I had the other night without the use of any exogenous psychoactive "drugs".

[Please note: this report reads quite quickly, but the timeline unraveled slowly and steadily over the course of 30 minutes.]

Date of experience: Wednesday 11th January 2012.

I was feeling incredible after a group yoga session the prior evening that kicked my butt. I decided to go for a walk at 23:30 to a nearby Tesco store, about a mile away, to get some houmous. I put on some headphones attatched to an mp3 player for the walk, and brought up Black Cherry, Goldfrapp. I started my walk mindful of my surroundings, my body, and the music. As I walked, I allowed my awareness to become attentive to my internal bodily processes, and how my breath was filling all my organs with vitality. The music was massaging my psyche with feminine grace.

About half way there, (and walking for 15 minutes), I began to notice that the street lights had a very strong halo around them, very much like some of my best psychedelic trips, and I allowed it to penetrate me. As I did this, sensational body energy began to arise in me. The music began to dance round my eternal fulcrum with the energy of the lights I was agape at, and they began to power each other in a synaesthetic flower of orgasms blooming from my heart centre. The waking harmony inside unfurled a vista of infinite space for my light essence, and that space started to become filled with what I can only describe to you as the goddess light.

I was glancing occasionally at the bulb centre of the lights, and they began to manifest the exact same type of illumination that I see in incandescent lights when tripping. It is a very bright light, but simultaneously easy to look at, and it has a slightly purple shine. This light goes straight through my third-eye, and it completely imbues me with understanding and liquid love. As my eyes looked upon that luminal substance, I felt unparalelled bliss.

My hair was stood on end as if a wind of staticly charged particles was blasting across my face, and the orgasmic rushes were surging through my crown. Sometimes the orgasms would become so overwhelming that I would almost catch my breath in my throat. My eyes filled with tears as I continued walking in complete awe of the beauty. The body orgasms kept building in waves of intensity. In these moments I was remembering what I had forgotten so many times, and it was perfect. I remember having the realization that it is the highest goal - of any and all of us - to reawaken to the unsurpassable ecstacy of becoming reabsorbed back in to the ever present luminescence of the goddess light.

Although it may be lost in translation here, this experience was the same peak place that I am brought to on my highest psychedelic experiences. Some elements of it were even more profound, such as the full-body orgasms, or soulgasms.

Last edited:
Well DOC and MDMA had me reaching the "alpha-state" as I call it, where one is so completely in tune with themselves and their surroundings perfectly that nothing (including the Apocalypse and end of the earth) could bother them. In other words basically heaven. The complete anti-thesis of who I am and the very psychological issues which affect me on a day-to-day basis. Its quite a thing to have experienced!

DOC (in combination with aMT/MDMA) seems to be the compound which has enabled me to get close to this "Alpha-state" than any other compound has. It was bloody spectacular with Ketamine as well!

I <3 DOC!

Shulgin scale ++++

Has anyone here ever experienced a ++++ on the Shulgin Scale? This is described as

PLUS FOUR (++++) A rare and precious transcendental state, which has been called a 'peak experience', a 'religious experience,' 'divine transformation,' a 'state of Samādhi' and many other names in other cultures. It is not connected to the +1, +2, and +3 of the measuring of a drug's intensity. It is a state of bliss, a participation mystique, a connectedness with both the interior and exterior universes, which has come about after the ingestion of a psychedelic drug, but which is not necessarily repeatable with a subsequent ingestion of that same drug. If a drug (or technique or process) were ever to be discovered which would consistently produce a plus four experience in all human beings, it is conceivable that it would signal the ultimate evolution, and perhaps the end, of the human experiment.
— Alexander Shulgin, PiHKAL, 1991

I believe I had experienced this once while on 30mgs 2ci. I remember being absent of almost all thoughts except one. That was that "Heaven should be like this" it was as if my mind had aligned itself with the universe for that brief moment of pure bliss

In my last trip, I washed my old vial while already on a few points of MDMA, then dropped another .2 of it right as it started to hit.

It was like the beings that contact you on a ++++ entered this realm for 3-4 hours... I think I am lucky, I have experienced this quite a few times, not as intense as last time, but still always very enlightening....

The spiritual phenomena that is a ++++ is something that can't be taken lightly though... every single one has been a life changing experience for me. The last one was like 2 or 3 weeks ago, and I'm still receiving the lessons of that day.

I have one time on 3.5 grams of p. cubenis. I lost complete contact with my body, and my soul flew into the "god head" I learned a lot that night. When I came out of the +4 state, it was like waking from a dream. I could not remember what music was on for the whole time. My hands were together in front of me, as if in prayer. I'm no where near religious like that, but found it interesting. The experience rocked me to my soul. It took a long time to integrate it into normal life.

I want to say it had something to do with my first couple DMT experiences. Which was about a week before my +4. Like the DMT opened up new channels in my mind that I'd never travelled before. I've never been even close to that state since. I also haven't pulled the DMT pipe out for about a year.

DPT, Salvia, & DXM are the only chems that have given me ++++ experiences. Large doses of DPT are insanely strong.

I have had several +4 experiences, both on and off drugs. In my experience, it's never something you can force to happen, and there is no drug or technique you can do to reliably make it happen every time. It doesn't necessarily depend on dosage either; I've had overwhelming +3 experiences that did not at all go into +4, and also barely-noticeable +1 experiences where I read or saw something that suddenly triggered a +4. There's always an element of grace involved, and every single time it happens it's a wonderful gift given to you by the universe (so enjoy it! :)).

I experienced it a couple of times.
Once on 50mg of 4HO-MET, once on 15mg mxe + 8mg 4HO-DET.

My first DPT trip gave me a +4. I saw god but unlike a DMT trip I was actually able to understand it fully.

30mg of 4-aco-DMT on the Beach gave me the only ++++ i've ever had.

I had been staring at the clouds for a long time when all of the sudden they formed a tunnel. I saw a flash of white light descend upon me and I flew up into it. From that point I saw my life happen in reverse and it was as if time no longer existed linearly. I flew through the white light until I entered the void. My entire vision was black and until I saw one symbol changing really really fast. That symbol seemed to represent everything I had ever cared for in my entire life. the symbol divided itself unto infinity then amongst lots of fleeting images of myself and my life, I became aware of my body again and rolled over (I was laying down) and experienced the most overwhelming pure and true pleasure of my entire life coarse through my body. at the same time I heard a C major chord reverberating through me.

It felt like I was exploding with love. I then cried tears of joy for 20 minutes and got up and rode a wave on my boogie board.

I never fully comprehended the meaning of that trip to me until months later on a DOC trip that involved me staying up all night thinking thoroughly about my life.

All DMT does to me is make me see pretty geometric shapes. DPT made me see what the air was made of before my friends talked me into believing we were dead.

It takes more than just intense euphoria and a sense of well being to make a plus four experience.

I have had a few ++++'s.

Once with 50mg 4HOMET, once with 12mg 2C-P, once with 18mg 4HODET and most recently with 30mg 4ACODIPT + 40mg 2CD + 30mg 2CC + 30mg MXE.

Tryptamines for the win !

edit: During all these experiences I was watching Twin Peaks, a hugely emotional show for me. I believe it could have something to do with achieving ++++

IMO, there is a difference between an out-of-control, intense, mindblowing (+++) and a (++++).

The two are so far apart once you hit a (++++) you'll understand there is no comparison.

Very true. I have been tripping for a good 15 years, probably more than 500 times on a variety of compounds and only recently did I experience a ++++ state for more than a few short minutes. I thought I had gotten a few ++++ trips in the past but nope they were just extreme +++. ++++ is something that can't be imagined until you have been there.

The combo that did if for me was 4-aco-dmt + 25i-nbome.

Not to keep going on about Twin Peaks, but does anyone who has seen it also believe ++++ experience relate to the White Lodge and Black Lodge ?

This is what Windom Earle (the bad guy) says about the White/black Lodge:

Once upon a time, there was a place of great goodness, called the White Lodge. Gentle fawns gamboled there amidst happy, laughing spirits. The sounds of innocence and joy filled the air. And when it rained, it rained sweet nectar that infused one's heart with a desire to live life in truth and beauty. Generally speaking, a ghastly place, reeking of virtue's sour smell. Engorged with the whispered prayers of kneeling mothers, mewling newborns, and fools, young and old, compelled to do good without reason ... But, I am happy to point out that our story does not end in this wretched place of saccharine excess. For there's another place, its opposite: A place of almost unimaginable power, chock full of dark forces and vicious secrets. No prayers dare enter this frightful maw. The spirits there care not for good deeds or priestly invocations, they're as likely to rip the flesh from your bone as greet you with a happy "good day." And if harnessed, these spirits in this hidden land of unmuffled screams and broken hearts would offer up a power so vast that its bearer might reorder the Earth itself to his liking.

The Black Lodge is :

the shadow-self of the White Lodge. The legend says that every spirit must pass through there on the way to perfection. There, you will meet your own shadow self. My people call it 'The Dweller on the Threshold' ... But it is said, if you confront the Black Lodge with imperfect courage, it will utterly annihilate your soul.

Touches on some fundamental ideas, imo.