• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy ++++ Thread

Att: Tryptamine*Dreamer

>>I felt that I had complete understanding of everything. I could see how the soul connected to the body and how all souls were connected to each other.

Wow! Reading that gave me chills, the only ++++ I've ever had could be described perfectly by that statement. I remember seeing these threads that connected everyone to each other, and people who were close friends had stronger thicker threads between them than mere acquaintances etc... There was even a broken thread between 2 people who were no longer friends.

My experience was from a large dose of shrooms combined with a strong hit of E. I've probably tripped about 150 times since then and not hit ++++, but I am much more reserved in my old age and tend to take a known quantity, and don't do combinations very often, especially not so I'm peaking on both at the same time.

It was amazing, exhilarating and terrifying all at once. I don't look for it, but I wouldn't mind it coming to me again either.

I am not too experienced with psychedelics but the only ++++ I've had was on morning glory. Nothing can beat seeing an extemely bright, colored spiral pattern moving around my bedroom signifying every human emotion at once.

Seriously though any true psychedelic can cause a 4+ experience given the proper conditions. Add meditation, binaural beats, biofeedback, etc. and you may even get there with only cannibis (Though I'm a bit skeptical that that would be enough).

Personally I've tripped more times than I actually remember but I've had 2 4+ experiences. One was DXM at 15mg/kg (A VERY dangerous dosage) with cannibis and nitrous. The other was HBWR (12 seeds) and mescaline (300mg) with cannibis(1 bowl) and salvia(5x).

i know he doesn't say this is a ++++ but everyone SHOULD take a look at 4-HO-DET... the 15mg dose.. that SCREAMS ++++ to me...

for people who can't find TiHKAL...
(with 15 mg phosphate ester, orally) "It is meaningful to say that I ceased to exist, becoming immersed in the ground of Being, in Brahman, in God, in 'nothingness,' in Ultimate Reality, or in some similar religious symbol for oneness. The feelings I experienced could best be described as cosmic tenderness, infinite love, penetrating peace, eternal blessing and unconditional acceptance on one hand and, on the other, as unspeakable awe, overflowing joy, primeval humility, inexpressible gratitude and boundless devotion. Yet, all of these words are hopelessly inadequate and can do little more than meekly point toward the genuine, inexpressible feelings actually experienced. It is misleading even to use the words, 'I experienced,' as during the peak of the experience (which must have lasted at least an hour) there was no duality between myself and what I experienced. Rather, I was these feelings, or ceased to be in them and felt no loss at the cessation. Four days after the experience itself, I continue to feel a deep sense of awe and reverence, and am simultaneously intoxicated with an ecstatic joy. This euphoric feeling is in no sense analogous to hebephrenic giddiness; it includes elements of profound peace and steadfastness, surging like a spring from a depth of my being which has rarely, if ever, been tapped prior to the drug experience."

A ++++ is when you have complete understanding of everything that is going on around you, but you embrace it and go with the flow. A ++++ is rare but can be set up easily enough with the right environment.

I would say I had a very strong +++ 4 ho mipt experience last night. 20 mg oral. Come up: 1 hour. Duration: 6 hours. Very little "come down" and was able to eat at any time.

maybee im stupid.. I felt exactly that last night.. first time yes. how come.. I saw everything as a new being...

Actually, I've thought of the phrase that has come to sum up both my ++++ experiences. It's a misquote of a line from 'The Doors of Perception' (which I had read a couple of months before the experience I had with mescaline), but I quite like my misquoted version

'An infinite complexity of significance'

Shulgin's Definition

This is Shilgin's definition out of PIHKAL:

"PLUS FOUR (++++)
A rare and precious transcendental state, which has been called a 'peak experience', a 'religious experience,' 'divine transformation,' a 'state of Samadhi' and many other names in other cultures. It is not connected to the +1, +2, and +3 of the measuring of a drug's intensity. It is a state of bliss, a participation mystique, a connectedness with both the interior and exterior universes, which has come about after the ingestion of a psychedelic drug, but which is not necessarily repeatable with a subsequent ingestion of that same drug. If a drug (or technique or process) were ever to be discovered which would consistently produce a plus four experience in all human beings, it is conceivable that it would signal the ultimate evolution, and perhaps the end of, the human experiment."

The Big & Dandy ++++ (Plus Four Experiences) Thread

Is anybody around there who already had a +4?

I have some questions about the nature of a +4
Does one feel during the trip that this will end in a life changing +4?
Is it possible to direct a trip towards a +4 if (it’s strong enough) or does it simply overwhelm one?
Is it possible to avoid a +4 during a heavy trip, if you’re completely in peace with your actual life?

It depends how many times you have a +4 I guess. The first time you have a +4 you probably think it's going to be life-changing. The five hundredth time you have a +4 you're probably not so overwhelmed by it :\

what the hell is ++++? if thats the name for the drug then whoever came up with that name need to be smacked in the fuckin face

its the Shulgin scale on psychodelic experiances

PLUS / MINUS (+/-)
The level of effectiveness of a drug that indicates a threshold action. If a higher dosage produces a greater response, then the plus/minus (+/-) was valid. If a higher dosage produces nothing, then this was a false positive.

PLUS ONE (+)
The drug is quite certainly active. The chronology can be determined with some accuracy, but the nature of the drug's effects are not yet apparent.

PLUS TWO (++)
Both the chronology and the nature of the action of a drug are unmistakably apparent. But you still have some choice as to whether you will accept the adventure, or rather just continue with your ordinary day's plans (if you are an experienced researcher, that is). The effects can be allowed a predominant role, or they may be repressed and made secondary to other chosen activities.

PLUS THREE (+++)
Not only are the chronology and the nature of a drug's action quite clear, but ignoring its action is no longer an option. The subject is totally engaged in the experience, for better or worse.

PLUS FOUR (++++)
A rare and precious transcendental state, which has been called a 'peak experience', a 'religious experience,' 'divine transformation,' a 'state of Samadhi' and many other names in other cultures. It is not connected to the +1, +2, and +3 of the measuring of a drug's intensity. It is a state of bliss, a participation mystique, a connectedness with both the interior and exterior universes, which has come about after the ingestion of a psychedelic drug, but which is not necessarily repeatable with a subsequent ingestion of that same drug. If a drug (or technique or process) were ever to be discovered which would consistently produce a plus four experience in all human beings, it is conceivable that it would signal the ultimate evolution, and perhaps the end of, the human experiment.