• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

does ice water in bongs make you less high?

I honestly believe that a bong with ice will result in some loss. I mean, everything being equal, you'll get less high than with a regular pipe or a joint. You can take bigger hits with a bong because its smoother but for the same weight smoked, I think you get less

Theory is simple, Cannabinoids are fat molecules, they stand a much better chance of staying airborn and making their way to your blood than if they cool down trough ice and stick everywhere. I mean, you know what happens when you put sauce in the fridge. The fat floats to the surface and sticks togheter

Thats just a theory btw :p

Smoking through cool water seems to do much less damage to my throat.
I have read that the heat of the smoke (with pot or tobacco) is one major factor in the damage it causes.
If this is true (and I have no reason to disbelieve it), then cooling the smoke makes for healthier smoke.

Additionally, when you smoke the dried flower of a hemp plant, you are inhaling hundreds of chemicals. Most of them do nothing to get you high, and some hurt you.
A portion of the unwanted chemicals are filtered out though water (and particularly cold water), so it seems healthier in this way, too.

I used to keep my bong in the fridge, so that the water would always be cool.

Theory is simple, Cannabinoids are fat molecules, they stand a much better chance of staying airborn and making their way to your blood than if they cool down trough ice and stick everywhere. I mean, you know what happens when you put sauce in the fridge. The fat floats to the surface and sticks togheter

Thats just a theory btw :p

(I might be completely misunderstanding your theory, so just bear with me here.)

You know there's no fat in water, right? That's why it just freezes instead of congealing first.

Also, the colder a substance is the less absorbent it becomes and vice versa.

So, according to basic chemistry, the colder your bong water the less filtering it actually does. Warm/hot water, on the other hand, would be by extremely effective at filtering your smoke and robbing you of a few extra THC and cannabinoid molecules by comparison. That's why some people with multi-chamber bongs fill the first chamber with near-boiling water and any subsequent chambers with progressively colder water/ice mixtures.

^This was also my understanding of it.

Also pineapple express isn't a real strain. It's made up, you are being robbed. I've heard of dumbasses trying to sell it, but never heard a fucking thing about it before the movie came out.

One kid I knew even quoted the movie, "yeah, its when winds come from Canada and mix with jets from Hawaii in a special way..." when selling it to another friend of mine.

i've had weed that smelled strongly of pineapples, that i sold as pineapple and everyone called it the pineapple express because of the strong pineapple smell. They ate that shit up so i started calling it pineapple express.

^Yeah, exactly. It's just a dealer tactic. There are strains out there that smell like pineapple, but it isn't "hands down the dopest dope I've ever smoked," they are just names that dealers assign to already existing strains of headies.

pineapple express is a real strain. i dunno when it came out i believe it was after the movie but there are youtubes video of people samplin in from different cannabis clubs. it is a medical strain out there in Cali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6Zk...088F1DA&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=158

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSb93hZ5Xi4

but yea dealers do that shit all the time so it is possible that happened to you but i am just sayin it is possible that it coulda been b/c there is a pineapple express strain out there now. n i guess those videos dont mean that it is for 100% for sure but i would say that someone has prob come up with a new cross and gave it the name b/c of the movie. never had it and i dont buy from medical clubs cuz it isnt an option for me soo....

to the OP: also IMO/E ice doesnt really affect the hit as par as potency. yea it makes it nice n smooth but it is also a pain in the ass to do all the time

Last edited:
It makes the hit wayy smoother and less harsh on your throat and lungs. Feels really nice too

hello i am robot you like buy bongs now smoke good much a lot dank