Bluelight

Thread: Low dose DXM experiences?

1. Collapse Details
    Low dose DXM experiences? 
    Not sure if this the best place for it. but I think I'm found this very nice sorta of 'butter' zone for using DXM, at least for myself

See I just used to take a crap load all at one, and go completely bonkers, and sure it was fun, but I would black out at times, and no remember somethings. Also made me useless the next day.

Well last night instead of taking the dose I normally would(around 900 - 1000mg) give or take.

I took half that, in stages. Started ff with just 200mg, didnt really get much, added another 100... better, but then just add on an extra 200mg right at the end (all of this was spread out over about 2 and half hour)...

This is... I LIKED, even more so than just going all out... I didn't get a lot of open-eyes visuals, but my favorite thing has always been the closed eyed visual anyway, and I get plenty of that.

And the best part? I was in FULL control the whole time, never blacked out, remembered ALL or it, sure I was a little shaky when trying to walk, but I was able to concentrate enough to move in a straight line. Unlike after high doses, where you stumble around like a robot with a gyro loose =P.

and you know what, no hangover, at ALL, if anything I feel ENERGIZED went around all day running errands that I've been putting off for weeks. Even now I took another small dose (300mgs), and I feel great! everything is just sorta brighter and stands out, yet, I'm not losing any of my functionality, and I can see close my eyes tight and enjoying some beautiful textures that DXM likes to impart on you.

I'm gonna continue with my experimenting to find out at Exactly what dose I get these great effects I want, without turning into a lunatic.

Just wondering if others have stories or experiences where they've found that sometimes I lower dose can make you feel better than just going all out with a huge dose that most use.

2. Collapse Details

I've done this to, I like it a little better this way( When i'm working, or at school) Like ya said you can controll the trip insted of relying on pillows n other random shit telling you how to trip lol.

Are you taking syurp or the pills?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by D's View Post
    I've done this to, I like it a little better this way( When i'm working, or at school) Like ya said you can controll the trip insted of relying on pillows n other random shit telling you how to trip lol.

Are you taking syurp or the pills?
    Robitussin Cough Gels

Only active ingredient is Dextromethorphan (DXM) 15mg per pills, 20 pills per bottle, so 300mg per bottle

I like the pills, easier to measure, and you don't have to worry about chocking down the disgusting syrup.

Biggest side effects it some minor coordination affects, but as long as you concentrate, you can get by just fine.

4. Collapse Details

If you are going to do dxm, just get it pure...

5. Collapse Details

Word, I tried the pills once, they made my hands swell up into balloons, it was weird.

6. Collapse Details

Hi five to you bro. You found the other awesome side of Dexter.

I personally LOVED doing 1.5mg/kg. Do the math though. For me it was about 150mg for 100kg person. I would get so buzzed. Like incredible. Like I was excited and energized and warm and I could handle anything. Great for hangin out with friends. I was a riot and just able to control myself enough not to be a total annoyance. However no real CEV's here, just a buzz.

As far as your morning after. After EVERY dex experience I had, I felt the afterglow in full force. Doses of 6-9 mg/kg produced it just as well. I was always the friendliest person the next day, in the best mood ever, like after getting laid or something. People noticed too. I always had people asking me, why you being so nice today?

I personally found anything between 2-5mg/kg didnt really do much to "trip me". When I took 6mg/kg (600mg for me) I had a dance party with friends in my room. We were loving the techno and just wanted to party to it. But I've had serious trips on that same amount. I've never had a problem with motor skills on DXM.

7. Collapse Details

to be honest, I'm really enjoying just the 300mgs I took... everyone normal, and I can function....but yet, there's just something a little bit different to everything.... interesting to say the least

8. Collapse Details

Can someone explain what it feels like to do DXM? I've thought about doing it, but am wondering if I'd like it. I don't like acid, but love MDMA...I also like opiates and alcohol.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayer428 View Post
    Can someone explain what it feels like to do DXM? I've thought about doing it, but am wondering if I'd like it. I don't like acid, but love MDMA...I also like opiates and alcohol.
    Completely unique in its own way. At the first two plateaus, its an amazing buzz. Nothing like cid. More like an opiate buzz, but different.

10. Collapse Details

hmmmm...interesting. I'm 5'10 and weigh about 180 pounds. How much should I take? Keep in mind, I don't want to be rolling my nuts off...lol

11. Collapse Details

Low doses of DXM remind of a psychedelic-like stimulant.

12. Collapse Details

Dragonslayer, lets do the math. DXM is very easy to dose properly.

Convert your weight to kilograms. 180lb's is about 82kg.

I find 6mg/kg to be a great 2nd plateau dose. Very functional physically, good starter dose, still provides a great trip. So 6 times 82 is about 500mg. Take 500mg and have fun!

If you want third plateau you need more like 9-10mg/kg, so do the math there too.

And its a dissociative. Meaning it dissociates your mind from your body sorta. It detaches you from yourself. Its hard to explain. Your body tends to get numb, and you may feel like its not even part of you anymore. You dont consider things as happening to "you" because you lose a sense of self. You think from a more neutral ground, as if you were asking a friend what he thought about something. Its like a new perspective.

Best experienced in a pitch black room, with some dim light where you cant see the source. Lay back and float on.

Open eye visuals happen, but are generally inconsistent from person to person.

CEV's are amazing. I've had full stories and almost movies play out. I've closed my eyes, felt as though I was literally transported to a scene, played it out, did a bunch of things, and warped back out.

Time moves very slowly especially at peak. What felt like an hour might be 10 minutes.

Its the greatest thing ever basically.

Oh and my last piece and I'll shut up, pop two benadryl before you go. Some people get nasty ichies. I dont though.

13. Collapse Details

I don't get it. DXM just makes me feel dull and disconnected. Nothing special. It just reminds me of how I feel when I'm sick with a cold. Used to call it "medicinehead".

14. Collapse Details

Well they say 1/3 love it, 1/3 hate it, and 1/3 are in the middle.

I have to say I miss it so much. Tolerance has built up on me hard. After 25 trips and over 15 grams total, I cant get anything from it anymore.

Its still my favorite ever though. Got me into other things too, was my first real thing besides weed.

15. Collapse Details

im such an addict....im in UK where its pretty hard to find a good DXM source at the regular pharmacies, and so for the last hour ive been mapping out every pharmacy that has the 400mg linctus fro 2.80 i totalled 10 pharmacies in london thats a total of 29.30 for 4000mg....jesus how can i refuse at that price, gonna get some ket and some weed and all be set tomorrow

why cant it be more like the USA with DXM products coming out of your asses at every gas station

note: this post is pointless, feel free to flame me....i havent smoked today and it always makes me feel like im kinda on cocaine when i dont...

16. Collapse Details

Low doses of DXM are where it's at for me. It feels similar to X or opiates, in my opinion, and I am very happy, warm, and overall euphoric. I just did 300mg today, followed by 160mg of hydrocodone (Norco). It was a great day!!!

17. Collapse Details

just thought i'd throw this up here, best way to take DXM imo is Zicam Cough Mist Max. There is something like ~330ish mg of dxm in a 0.55 oz shot.

(i'm not sure the exact policy of posting links on bluelight to places to buy things, so i won't, but just google "Zicam Cough Mist Max" and you'll see it)

Sorry for getting of topic (sort of) just thought this was valuable to know and a definite piece of harm reduction information because it is pure dxm and very little gross 'filler' syrup.

18. Collapse Details

Second that. Although the taste is straight out of hell its a small amount. I think its even more than 330mg. Cant remember the exact count but its around 400 I think.

Much easier on the body instead of chuggin that gross shit.

And yeah i would liken the low dose DXM to opiates, which I find they go nicely with. Did a 1.5mg/kg dxm and 4 vicodin's and I was in a great place.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by delsymfan View Post

Much easier on the body instead of chuggin that gross shit.
    lol exactly the reason I use the gelcaps... no taste... just swallow em down, and wait 30 minutes or so

Quote Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post
    Low doses of DXM remind of a psychedelic-like stimulant.
    It's funny you said that, cause I didn't read that post until AFTER I realized just how energized I felt, and how much shit I got done in one day

20. Collapse Details

^Sometimes I actually look forward to the rare occasions I do get sick, because it's like dosing a psychedelic amphetamine... almost lol