House music

StarOceanHouse

Bluelight Crew
I can't believe we have a techno, breakbeat, psytrance and dnb threads but no HOUSE?

Where are my house heads at?

reporting in. :)

bunch of crickets up in here but i don't peg the drug community as one comprised of house heads.

love all types of house cept hard house. it has suffered a great deal from the electro house invasion. jackmasters like AVH and Roger Sanchez who used to be headlining talent have been brought down by their updated sound. :|

still have Chicago House stalwarts like Derrick Carter carrying the torch. saw DC a few months back and he is as good as ever. his Many Shades of Cajual mix CD is one that every house head should own and cherish. its arguably the best house mix ever compiled. <3

yeah im not into hard house either. I'm very much into soulful and chicago house. Derrick Carter should be in San Diego on the 5th of September. I can't wait!

Another thing: I wonder how DJ Sneaks sets are now. Last time I heard DJ Sneak live I did not care for his set. I listened to his mix "Special House Blend" and its one of the most jackin mixes I have ever heard. I hope he doesn't disappoint next time he's here.

Last edited:
Seems like there should be a separate thread for each sub genre of house as there just so many....

Im mainly a progressive house fan.....I dab a lil into some sexy deep house as well

Seems like there should be a separate thread for each sub genre of house as there just so many....

i believe there are.

Personally im a fan of most types of house.
Filter, Fidget, Electro, and Minimal are my favorite though.

Another thing: I wonder how DJ Sneaks sets are now. Last time I heard DJ Sneak live I did not care for his set. I listened to his mix "Special House Blend" and its one of the most jackin mixes I have ever heard. I hope he doesn't disappoint next time he's here.

hes hit or miss. he can get really sloppy on the mixing but has decent tracks. i wouldn't go out of my way to see him these days...

didn't follow them so much. i dig some of Paul Johnson's older work as well as Sneak's (you can't hide from your bud is an alltime fav.) but i can only take the filtered sound in small doses. :)

Ditto - Moodyman. Also Theo Parrish and that murky detroit stuff with its little glimpses of the past and future all in one. Gotta mention Gilles Peterson for bringing new and interesting House to my ears, along with other different sounds with an eye on the groove. I used to be into House in the early to mid 90's but there hasn't been much caught my attention since then. Except what I mentioned. Respect to Masters at Work collectively and individually. Look out those KDJ productions folks. They can be music for the head or hedonist. I used to dig that disco cut up stuff by DJ Sneak (Sneak Essentials and Polyester EP's). I'm getting on a bit now so my finger isn't exactly on the pulse. Peace - Pipp

Last edited:
checking in, though i am really a fan of the decade old chicago house these days. :\

Anybody like deadmau5? progressive house artist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-G6ZHFJZNk

^ this tune is more like trance but its great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV8eiSA4vqc

^ awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADaCc9jGd4Q

^ awesome

i have a love hate relationship with deadmau5. He has some good tunes that i absolutely love, and then he just has some crowd pleasing shit tunes that i cant stand.

--------------

Here's some reaaaaal good house:
(my apologies for the sound quality, these were the best vid's i can find)

Plump Djs - Intermission
Groove Armada - Fogma
Armand Van Helden - I Want Your Soul

Last edited:
Reporting for duty.

For some truly jackin mixes, look up Inland Knights on SoundCould. Their 10 years of Drop Music is 2 hours of house bliss.

Also go check out Olivier Desmet, label head of Amenti Music. His May 2008 mix is a lesson in FLOW. He has incredible taste in haus muzik.

Also mentioning Farina (as if it needed to be said), Fred Everything and Lawn Chair Generals.

MMM to Mark Farina and Derrick Carter (to whoever mentioned him earlier). Makes me wanna break out my Live at OM cd they did together a buncha years back. I used to be really into Chicago house years ago and it's still a guilty pleasure, I don't know what Bad Boy Bill is spinning these days but he used to be a favorite of mine.

Lately it's more progressive and deep house for me. Been getting down to Sander Kleinenberg's July 2009 Deep Mix http://soundcloud.com/kleinenberg/sander-kleinenberg-twitter-deep-mix-july. His sound is constantly evolving he's been a big fave of mine for years.

I wouldn't really classify Deadmau5 as house music though - he's more on the techy trance side of things with random other styles thrown in.