• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Opiated Hash? How common is it?

I'm a sceptic. People produce & sell hash or opium to make money. Opium costs more than hash, so why would anybody want to sell opium as hash? Nobody cuts a drug with a more expensive drug, it makes no sense at all, they could just sell the opium as opium, or process it into heroin & make more money. I think it's just youngsters getting too high off strong stoning black hash & then claiming it's got opium in it just because it's stronger than what they usually smoke.

Temple Ball isn't laced, it's just very strong hash.

I'm a sceptic. People produce & sell hash or opium to make money. Opium costs more than hash, so why would anybody want to sell opium as hash? Nobody cuts a drug with a more expensive drug, it makes no sense at all, they could just sell the opium as opium, or process it into heroin & make more money. I think it's just youngsters getting too high off strong stoning black hash & then claiming it's got opium in it just because it's stronger than what they usually smoke.

Temple Ball isn't laced, it's just very strong hash.

Actually temple ball is used to describe bomb napalese hash from the 60s 70s and its used to describe opium infused hash today.

Actually temple ball is used to describe bomb napalese hash from the 60s 70s and its used to describe opium infused hash today.

I've smoked plenty of temple ball, it's a favourite every time I go to Holland & none of it had opium in, I'd have noticed. It is very strong, but it's just a good type of hash. It's good hash from Indica plants, that's why it can have a strong sedating pain relieving feel, but it's nothing like an opiate. I've made stronger ice hash from my own indicas in the past & it had a similar, but even more powerful effect.

Anybody have any actual lab reports that have ever detected opium in any commercial hash?

Last edited:
Only time a suspected aduterated hasj was smoked by me and a friend was when we would have a zone out moment of a few hours. We were both pretty stupid stoners at that point smoking grams of hydroweed in a session without probs. This one joint stuffed with this so called sputnik/ spoetnik hasj which was totally unlike the previously mentiooned temple ball stuff. Which I would assume would be how opiated hasj would look dark flowery and soft. This shit supposedly from sovjiet union was rockhard grey/ greenish dark and was very hard to crumble.

What made me think it was different was they way it affected us both. Neither of recalls falling a sleep, which we didn't but we most certainly didn't speak eather We had no recollection of what was on tv or what happened between smoking it and looking at each other five hours later. Was very expensive stuff most pricey piece I ever encountered.

1. What I would like to know is what kind of hash is most likely to be opiated? (ex: what region/country, etc) East Europian im one exp

2. How do you really know that you have opiated hash? What effects do you get? Is it hard to tell since some hashes like Afghani for example are very strong enough on their own? Didn't get us stoned just blanked my memory and had both of us in a trance like state (nod) for five hours, because our tolerance for thc was very high there seemed no noticeable regular stoned effects just the wiped out timeframe

3. Also, how common is opiated hash, in your experience? Very very uncommon, once in a lifetime event.

4. What is opiated hash...I mean what kind of opiates may be in it? (ex: opium? brown tar? etc) ? no clue but the smoke wasn't exceptionally bad

5. Would a person with an opiate habbit as well as a weed habbit be able to tell the difference *like that* if his hash was opiated or not? To many if's but it should at least prevent withdrawal symtoms of opioids i guess

Last edited:
I've seen opiated hash from spain/india on the old silk road listed as temple ball.Maybe it was just really good hash combined with opium?

What you mean Mike as that's the point of the Op's thread right, hasj enriched with opium.

About the sputnik a search revealed it's an moroccan product not east-european like I thought going by it's name.

I do feel that however good quality hash it would have been considering seeing how tolerant we were to THC. That alone can't explain to me why it effected us both so strongly and differently, although this is all subjectively offcourse. The effects felt were unlike Kratom or tramadol but had some resemblence with my one codeine experience. Although the codein did make me sleep. It didn't give me nods or itching just a trance like time warp. I must add I hadn't done any opiods at that time.

I supply top shelf cannabis oil and a variety of mj strains at very affordable prices. I deal locally and Nationwide with face to face and shipping or mailing, delivery is very discreet with Secured payments with Paypal and Bank Transfers for all orders. I equally have pain relief supplements , Steroids and research chemicals like coke,mdma,ketamine,ephedrine etc at very moderate rates, a variety of pills like xanax,ecstacy,ritallin, mandrax(methaqualone) and many others. To place your order call or text me on 402-389-7778 or email [email protected].

Wut? Topix is that way scammer -->

Only time a suspected aduterated hasj was smoked by me and a friend was when we would have a zone out moment of a few hours. We were both pretty stupid stoners at that point smoking grams of hydroweed in a session without probs. This one joint stuffed with this so called sputnik/ spoetnik hasj which was totally unlike the previously mentiooned temple ball stuff. Which I would assume would be how opiated hasj would look dark flowery and soft. This shit supposedly from sovjiet union was rockhard grey/ greenish dark and was very hard to crumble.

What made me think it was different was they way it affected us both. Neither of recalls falling a sleep, which we didn't but we most certainly didn't speak eather We had no recollection of what was on tv or what happened between smoking it and looking at each other five hours later. Was very expensive stuff most pricey piece I ever encountered.

1. What I would like to know is what kind of hash is most likely to be opiated? (ex: what region/country, etc) East Europian im one exp

2. How do you really know that you have opiated hash? What effects do you get? Is it hard to tell since some hashes like Afghani for example are very strong enough on their own? Didn't get us stoned just blanked my memory and had both of us in a trance like state (nod) for five hours, because our tolerance for thc was very high there seemed no noticeable regular stoned effects just the wiped out timeframe

3. Also, how common is opiated hash, in your experience? Very very uncommon, once in a lifetime event.

4. What is opiated hash...I mean what kind of opiates may be in it? (ex: opium? brown tar? etc) ? no clue but the smoke wasn't exceptionally bad

5. Would a person with an opiate habbit as well as a weed habbit be able to tell the difference *like that* if his hash was opiated or not? To many if's but it should at least prevent withdrawal symtoms of opioids i guess

Me & a friend zoned out for a few hours in Amsterdam after mixing a gram of Royal Temple Ball with a couple of grams of Northern Lights, in two big joints. We'd smoked a few grams of weed earlier that day & failed to get stoned as much as we did the day before off some super strong English weed, so we hit the hash, that worked. We both stumbled back to the hotel & stared at the wall silent for a couple of hours at least. It was just a high dose indica cannabis effect though, nothing like any opiate I've had really, maybe a similar kind of floaty feeling, but I'd feel it in my stomach, taste it & get constipated if it was opium. I never really nodded off or felt drowsy at all either, was just like being stuck in a trance & had a psychedelic/dissociative feel, like when I've eaten too much hash. Any person with any experience of too much cannabis edibles & also opiates could tell the difference easily, it'd probably made an opiate novice sick.

Some people have made opiated hash for their own personal use, but it's a myth that it's made & sold in bulk, opium is too expensive. I'm not going to believe it until I see it confirmed by a lab. Same reason you wont see hash or weed cut with cocaine or heroin. Cheap hash can be cut with lots of nasty things that you don't want to smoke, but never anything more expensive than hash.

Some people smoke some hash stronger than they've ever had before, get really stoned & then say it must have been opiated because they got so stoned. Got to remember the best hash can be 4x stronger or more than even really good hydro weed. The best hashes are in the 40-70% THC range, if it's an import hash, or flowered for a little too long, then some of the THC may have degraded to more sedating cannabinoids, or some types of plants naturally produce more of these, particularly indica strains from around india, afghanistan, pakistan, nepal.

I've had similar effects & even stronger from some G13 backcross plant that I grew years ago, I know for a fact there was no opium in that hash because I grew the plant & made the hash myself. I think I flowered it for a week too long, as I had other plants that weren't ready & the buds were a bit light on it. It was too strong & sedating for me, made me stagger & slur my words like I was really drunk, or totally zoned me out if I smoked a bit too much.

Different types of weed & hash, as well as different strengths can feel like totally different drugs, there are quite a few different psychoactive cannabinoids that work in combination & different types of cannabis have different ratios of these cannabinoids. It can even feel like totally opposite effects, some can be stimulating, trippy & anxiety inducing, others can be really stoning, almost like opiates without such a dark side.

Last edited:
Well gotta point there dr the effects were not very opiod like, the nodding itching would have certainly been there with the strength of the experience. It was not high dose THC like either no anxiety, sleepyness or psychedelia. Just one weird blank stare off aprox 5 hours with almost total amnesia. Would i have been alone I would have assumed I was sleeping al that time. But as we were sitting in front of each other the moment we got our senses back it felt like we had just sat their staring in oblivian.

Maybe we did sleep? Who knows but it's the one off time smoking produced something totally different as expected. Your latter theory a high dose of cbd or cbn, whichever is the sedating cannabinoid, could also be a more then reasonable explanation.

This thread produced many stories about weird buzzes but not one shred of proof. The police seize hash every day. They test it and would love a laced drug story. They tell media if they catch you with meth laced weed here in interest of public safety when its clear its for personal use. Opium laced hash imo would be a front page story.

The white streaks in temple ball are not opium its just what happens in the curing process there is no such thing as opiated hash (unless someone deliberately mixed it in but what's the point!) Dark hashes especially good quality give a similar opiate high couch locked e.t.c surely if opiated hash existed it would happen with blonde hashes also but no one feels "opiated" from them because they are sativa dominant.

Unless you buy it as a special mixture kind of product its just a another drug myth IMO.
The seller will tell you that the hash has something else and it would be more pricey, no one is going to lace it and give away some opium for free haha. The method for smoking opium its also different so it doesn't make much sens, if you smoke it like you would smoke weed/hash it will just be wasted.

No one puts opium in their hash to sell. Opium is more expensive than hash. Dealers want to make profit. I think that concludes it.

I know this thread is kinda old but to add my own experiences to the discussion for anybody else who may wander into here:

1. Probably Indian Hash, dealers like to say that they have authentic Charas.

2. I will state this again in #5 but o and h have nootropic effects, your head will be much clearer and any anxiety/paranoia will be non-existent.

3. Getting o/h in your hash is very unlikely (damn near impossible) unless you are told that it has been mixed. If it has been mixed, expect like $40 per g or more, if it is cheaper then you might be getting low-quality hash mixed with h.

4. Depending on where you live, fent may be in your hash, maybe even your weed. If your dealer is using any opiate to increase the "quality" of their product, it will be fent. But if you spend time looking around for it, o is the most popular to mix hash with as far as opiates go.

5. Opium tends to have plant material in the sap and will have an aroma that smells of flowers (it will also taste like this). Hash (in my experience) has a very fresh and think taste/smell of weed and will most likely overshadow the o. Due to the nootropic effects of o/h, a decently regular pot smoker will be able to tell the difference depending on the ratio of o/h to hash.

Cross pollination will not give your weed a hint-of-o and vise versa. Mix some hash with o and roll it up, two parts hash and one part o is the way to go.

The 'opiated' part is a myth. Now there was some fantastic black hash with thick white streaks running through it that people have called 'opiated' hash but it was not opiated. The closest I have come to an answer is that the white streaks were mold, deliberately introduced during a method called a 'water press'. The white was a very clean white so don't think 'mold' as in dirty mold. And the white streaks were thick. A streak probably comprised 20-30% of a chunk of this hash. We were sold as chunky crumbs from a bigger block that was packaged in matchboxes. The sellers had matchboxes (not matchbooks) that covered about 1/4 of their dining table and we could take our pick. Not every little chunk had one or more white streaks but every matchbox full contained enough to make it a unique sales point.

I have not been able to find anything more about the 'water press' method so I would love it if someone who knows more could explain. I believe that I was told about the 'water press' hash blocking method in Kathmandu back in the mid-70s. I imagine it is a shaping/blocking process as used with buddha's fingers, temple balls, or the standard rectangular blocks. This hash was the first hash I ever smoked, back in 1972 and it looked spectacular. So I can understand why the technique would be used and why the myth of white streaks being 'opiated' was allowed to develop. But as an ex-heroin user and an ex-opium user there are several reasons why it is insane to think the white streaks are somehow opiate-based. Opium which I purchased years ago in india and singapore is sold in lumps or in small sachets in paper wrapping. And it has a very strong and very foul smell and taste, so you would immediately know that the hash was adulterated. It is also very difficult to smoke unless you have the proper pipe. Most opium users eat it or drink it in a cup of tea or the like. The option for it somehow to be heroin due to its white color is beyond ridiculous. Even going by 1972 prices, the $50 matchboxes full of chunks of this white-streaked hash, would cost well over $300 due to the cost of the heroin. Plus you can't smoke heroin like that. Smokers need to use foil to smoke heroin and the heroin is liquified and then the smoke inhaled. Otherwise it burns and is ruined.

But this beautiful-looking mold-streaked hash did exist way back in the day. I keep seeing it referred to as 'opiated hash' even by people who should know better. It did get me instantly stoned and was, to that point, easily the strongest hash I had smoked. A year later, my part of the world was flooded with Thai Sticks, and they were the first things I had smoked that were superior. So if anyone can expand on the 'water press' then I would love to hear it.

The police in legal states (just two weeks ago) such as CO are reporting black market weed being laced with fent and/or meth. Ontario also issued a report warning about black market fent laced weed.

That sucks IMO. Particularly when you get someone inexperienced with smoking weed and they suddenly get a lung full of fentanyl or meth. The taste would make it obvious that it was cut and, regardless, I would advise users to please take care. Fentanyl is so easy to overdose on.

I think you'll find 'synthetics' would be what is concerning/likely to be added.

I smoked weed in South East Asia. It was very dry, very hard bugs, with a lot of crystals. I've smoked weed like that before here in NZ but not often. And not *that* hard but believed maybe due to smuggling it had been compacted extra hard.

Well when I smoked a fat joint it, I was more high than ive ever been. Psychedelic levels of high. I had intense CEV until I fell asleep.

The weed had a funny taste. I can only assume, after smoking synthetics a little bit when they were legal, it was a very strongly dosed with that shit.

You sure that wasn't just Tar H. About 10 years ago I was sold something as "opium"... looking back on it though it was just dope.
I have heard that most "opium" sold in Western countries is really smokable heroin. Now if you grow and harvest the opium, are in South Asia, Inner Asia, or Eastern Asia it would not be difficult to get actual opium.