• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Safe to mix Hydrocodone and Valium?

PhishPhan

Greenlighter
I kno that it is not safe lol ....

question is.. I just took 30mg of hydro..

Last night I had 40 mg of valium..nothing else combined, just good old valium and weed.

So theres my tolerance info if it helps ..

I was planning on mixing 30mg of valium with the 30 mg of hydro... how bad of an idea is it? is it not a bad idea at all? thanks/

I've never mixed opioids and benzos but alot of people here do. It's also one of the #1 causes of OD deaths, so be super careful. I'd take less Valium than that and work your way up

You can mix the two, but i suggest you take a lower dose of each than you would usually take.. also only you know your tolerance+you can allways redose.

Done conservatively and with a good deal of experience with both drugs and a knowledge of how your body reacts the combination is not overly unsafe. Done irresponsibly or to try and get a lot higher than you normally would is how a lot of people end up dying.

If 30mg is your normal hydro dose I wouldn't take more than 10mg of valium if you are non benzo tolerant and 20mg if you do have benzo tolerance.

I would take 20mg valium and 20mg hydro and take 600-800mg of tagamet 45 min before dosing

Does tagamet potentiate codeine as well as benzos? its also called cimetedine yes? What is it prescribed for?

my doctor prescribes valium and hydrocodone together for my neck pain. she says they are cool to take together, so i guess anything goes. just keep it in moderation, the combo could put you on your ass if youre not careful, i guess.

I've taken like 60mg oxycodone, 6mg klonopin, 40mg valium and 20mg flexeril all at once before. It felt awesome but for the couple of days I was dropping combos like that I couldnt remember them at all.

Does tagamet potentiate codeine as well as benzos? its also called cimetedine yes? What is it prescribed for?

i forget if it works on codeine or not, you might wanna check the search engine on that one, but i am pretty sure it works on all bezos. and it isn't just prescribed anymore, it used to be. you can buy it OTC now and it is an antacid.

I take vicidon and sometimes valium, but usually wait a day or two

never took them together, now AMbien and vicidon- in the same 24 hrs seems safe as i was given this in the hospital right after my son was born

My doctor prescribes me 10mg Valium and 10/325mg Norco's at the same time. He gives me 100 of each with a few refills every 2-3 months. I've taken them together many times without any problems. I will usually take the Norco first wait a couple of hours than take the valium. I have a pretty big tolerance so I usually will take around 80mg of the Norco and 40mg of the Valium. Like other people have stated, it really depends on your tolerance which you should know what that is. Over all I don't see an issue as long as you stay with in your tolerance and don't over do it. Like other people said also, you might want to take a little less than your use to taking of both since you are mixing them and they will both give you respritory depressions which can lead to problems and is the main cause of people ODing.

before reading all your replies i wanna say it is a risk, much more than doing opiates alone....

for example my tolerance dropped for hydrocodone so the other night i took 30-35mg (cwe'd two of them) then took 4mg lorazepam it was nice... the paikillers did not last long.

I would say take a little less than nnormal of hydro then add a small small about of benzo on top of it... and it is gonna make you nod sitting up possibly, more like the whole time. little dab will do... now ill read your replies

depends on your tolerance and how new that would be to you.

sorry i just took some lorazepam im having major typing difficulties

learn the benzo equivalency charts too.... 2mg xanax is 40mg valium and etc.... if you havent already

Last edited:
I take Valium, Klonopin, Soma, Roxicodone, and Opana together.... I am tolerant to all though. I would be careful and dose less eventhough it was last night... valium does have a long half life. If you take more tonight dose less or wait til the hydro wears off til ya fall asleep.

my doctor give me 120 10/650 lorcets 120 somas and 60 xanax 2mg bars every month. You will be fine. But you will like it and prob want to keep doing it. So i suggest you dont do it

So much information in hind sight. Clowns. How about the fact that we made a war and veterans plus people in pain have been cut off because of this over bullshit blown out of proportion fact suppose it that people die from pills not heroin it's fucking heroin please educate yourself

As a pill user myself we usually can recognize our own. The opiate epidemic in this country is far from limited to heroin users and moreover most pill addicts these days have never even set sights on a bag of smack nor do they (statistically) graduate from pills to smack and then od. I have lost a dozen friends and family from pill addiction alone. When you make statements like that you minimize the real dangers of pill form opiates. Of course heroin is the big dog on campus... but prescribed pain meds have crept up to become the sleeper cell silent killer. It's no joke and those who think they are an harmless rec drug have NEVER gone through withdrawals from them of lived through the horror of losing good people to them. Those are also the same people that say opiate addiction is not really an addiction but a choice someone makes. Again, those people have never looked addiction in the eye. I hope they never have to.

Hey previous two users, I know you're both new, which is all the more reason to re-read the forum guidelines that you agreed to whenever you signed up. You haven't done anything wrong here, it's just we don't like to resurrect really old threads simply to state opinion. No harm done, it's just a good idea to familiarize yourselves with the way we do things and the type of content that we like.