NY, NYC - 09.05.09 & 09.06.09 - Made Event presents: ELECTRIC ZOO @ Randall's Island

amazing, amazing amazing, amazing!!!!!!!!
I'm going through Zoo withdrawl....

guido central? eh yes and no, there was a good mixture of all walks of life. it wasn't exactly overrun by guidos but they were there and it could seem like it was overrun by them if that was what you decided to focus on.

Music was SO SO GOOD! So much yummy techno, I barely left the Sunday school tent. It wasn't all house music, there was trance and techno, no room for DnB at this fest as it would have been more rave-like if they brought it in. But Desyn Masiello unexpectedly did drop some DnB, Tom Middleton did as well along with some dubstep.

On Saturday Marco Carola set the tone for the rest of the festival in the Sunday School tent, he was amazing. Caught a bit of Ben Watt on the main stage on Saturday who was surprisingly good (this was the only time I ventured over there). Then caught a few mins of Chus & Ceballos (I wish I saw more of them) before heading over for Luciano, then Tenaglia in Sunday School...thoroughly impressed!! I was looking forward to Luciano the most at this festival (never seen him) and I haven't seen Tenaglia in a few years, good times.

On Sunday I saw a bit of Adam Beyer (wish I stayed for more of his set) then went over to see Tom Middleton (who will be back at Sully in Oct Chrissie!) After that I was sucked into the Sunday School tent for the rest of the night for Steve Bug, Victor Calderone and Richie Hawtin. Such good music all festival long.

My only regret is not being able to catch anyone else's sets, you really had to make some sacrifices since everyone only got 1 1/2 hrs to spin. But I'm so so happy with what I experienced and I'm craving more.

Made Events really pulled it off, everything ran smoothly, no lines to get in, all djs went on at their scheduled times, the crowd was under control and it wasn't overcrowded or very rave-like. I didn't end up at any after parties as we had planned to do, just had after hours at a friend's apartment, which in the end was a good decision.

All in all an insane time was had and I can't wait to do it again!!

glad you had a good time :) if they would just put like one or two dnb acts it would be sooooo much more appealing ;)

oooh middleton is there on oct 24th, the weekend before my birthday! that makes me feel better about missing it. i'm glad things turned out well and the weather was perfect.