• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

get high on vivitrol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noescapinggravity

Greenlighter
so i've been forced by my parents and psychiatrist to get the vivitrol injection once a month to treat my heroin addiction. i know it blocks the opiate and alcohol receptors but i'm having such bad cravings and i want to know if there's someway i can still get an opioid or opiate high while on the shot.. and if so with what? i wanted to make some poppy seed tea the other day and then i remembered it was a fucking opiate and i wouldn't feel it. help! i thought about using some other drugs like weed or benzos but i'm an opiate girl and that's what i'm fiend-ing for right now.. not to mention i really don't like any other highs.. so what can i use on this shit shot?

you're telling me.. and i'm fucking dope sick and they wouldn't even prescribe me suboxone or methadone for my withdrawals.. they went right to that god damn shot and i feel horrrrrrible

Oh Baby Girl I can just imagine! :(

WHY would they not give you subs? Did they state a reason?

Do they even fucking realize how counterproductive this will be in the long run?

Damn. I would never do that to one of my kids, no matter how serious an addiction they had. That's cruel n unusual punishment.

Do you have any access to a benzo? That might help you relax so you could get some sleep anyway. Just don't overdo it with them, as that is a nasty addiction that can be life-threatening.

Last edited:
i think it's because the last time my parents tried to get me off drugs i was prescribed methadone and i ended up abusing it. so i guess they're fed up with withdrawal medications. but geez this is harsh..

i think i'm gonna take you up on the benzo idea. i'm prescribed xanax for panic disorder so i guess i'll just take extra but i don't even really get high off it since i've been on it for so long..

goddddddd i want opiates :( .. actually at this point i'd even be ok with subs

goddddddd i want opiates .. actually at this point i'd even be ok with subs

Here lies the problem. It seems anything that can be abused you will abuse. So maybe you've backed yourself into the corner on this one by abusing methadone in the past(?). For the record I don't really agree with people being forced to take naltrexone (I used it to get clean by choice), but on the other hand I think if your parents are paying and taking care of you, then perhaps it may be the only way. Some people here on BL have gotten clean using Vivitrol and call it a godsend. The rest hate it, going in with the best intentions. I believe Suboxone should always be tried first.
There is no way to get high on opiates (people here have used grams of heroin and got no buzz, which isnt a challenge BTW) so make the best of your situation and try and get clean.

(still waiting for Tchort on this one =D)

Here lies the problem. It seems anything that can be abused you will abuse. So maybe you've backed yourself into the corner on this one by abusing methadone in the past(?). For the record I don't really agree with people being forced to take naltrexone (I used it to get clean by choice), but on the other hand I think if your parents are paying and taking care of you, then perhaps it may be the only way. Some people here on BL have gotten clean using Vivitrol and call it a godsend. The rest hate it, going in with the best intentions. I believe Suboxone should always be tried first.
There is no way to get high on opiates (people here have used grams of heroin and got no buzz, which isnt a challenge BTW) so make the best of your situation and try and get clean.

(still waiting for Tchort on this one =D)

I feel very sad reading this thread.

You are being subjected to torture. Do you live in the US? Vivitrol has not been approved for use to treat Heroin addiction. Report the psychiatrist to your states licensing board for engaging in pseudo-scientific, abusive unapproved practices.

I can't recall if it was found to work or not, but in another thread, a BL member was forced to get a Naltrexone depot pellet inserted under the skin. It was recommended that he get on Buprenorphine (Suboxone or Subutex), as that would outcompete the Naltrexone.

Are you a minor? Do you live with your parents? Do you have a job? Money?

I'd recommend seeking the help of a Buprenorphine doctor. Explain your situation, ask to be started on Buprenorphine maintenance immediately. Tell him this was done against your will, that you've tried Methadone in the past but it didn't work, that you are trying to comply with this forced treatment but it is causing you severe distress and you want to start immediately.

^ yeh, I agree with everything except for reporting the doctor. We don't know the whole story. Everyone always says they were forced, but this can't always be the case. I know that in Australia the implant can be RXd legally under the Special Access Scheme (life-threatening illness with all other avenues exhausted), but T-Chort is right; there is no proof that it works. Theoretically it should work, but it's not that simple.
IMO professional opinion you need sedatives;' benzos would be best. I'd actually DEMAND them from the psychiatrist, b/c there's no way he/she will knock you back if you threaten reporting to the FDA. The beznos should make it more comfortable. You're feeling so terrible b/c you need opiates to feel normal, but it generally subsides after 2-3 weeks IME. That's a long time, but if you can make it thru this shot (1, 3 or 6 months BTW??) you've made it thru the worst by far.
You could demand bupe from the psychiatrist, but there's no way to reverse the injection, so I don't see the point in not making the best of a bad situation. This may be a blessing in disguise.

I'd recommend seeking the help of a Buprenorphine doctor. Explain your situation, ask to be started on Buprenorphine maintenance immediately. Tell him this was done against your will, that you've tried Methadone in the past but it didn't work, that you are trying to comply with this forced treatment but it is causing you severe distress and you want to start immediately.

bupe isn't going to do a thing with IM naltrexone in the system. No doc will treat anyone on naltrexone b/c death by respiratory depression is a clinical implication no doc will want to risk on their record

Last edited:
give hell to the man.

according to drugs.com, "Naltrexone injection can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions." You just may be in luck for that high you've been seeking...

If naltrexone is blocking opiate receptors the there's no point using Kratom.
There is nothing that can be done, so poppy pods, kratom and 'proper' opiates all will be blocked

i think it's because the last time my parents tried to get me off drugs i was prescribed methadone and i ended up abusing it. so i guess they're fed up with withdrawal medications. but geez this is harsh..

i think i'm gonna take you up on the benzo idea. i'm prescribed xanax for panic disorder so i guess i'll just take extra but i don't even really get high off it since i've been on it for so long..

goddddddd i want opiates :( .. actually at this point i'd even be ok with subs

How did you "abuse" methadone?

^ Probably one of 2 ways;
1. kept upping the dose to get/remain high
2. Used take home doses all at once to get high

I think Buprenorphine would outcompete/overtake Naltrexone at any concentration, at least for a while. Bupe has significantly higher receptor binding affinity than Naltrexone.

I also think it's an awful thing to force someone to take naltrexone. It sounds like to me that you are a minor, so I would advise you to talk to your parents openly about your feeling regarding this. Try and understand from your parents point of view how this is hurting them. No parent ever expects their child to be a victim of addiction.

I agree with djsim when he said that it seems like anything that can be abused, you will abuse. Continuing on with this mindset will put you at high risk of death at a young age. I knew two people like this in high school, and they are both dead. Good luck, and keep us updated!

It seems that u have an unbeatable need to get high. I think bupe will be your best option here. Maybe your parents can watch you take your daily bupe doses as it act in a similar fashion as a blocker meaning you won't get high on it. But at the same time it fills out your opiate receptors, decreases pain and cravings and possibly acts as an antidepressant. So maybe your parents can watch u take your daily bupe doses cuz once u take it u can't get high for another day or two. Talk to your parents about putting you on bupe maintenance.

But for now there really isn't anything u can do other than getting some more benzos to help u until the shot wears off. Then ask your parents to put u on bupe as that is pretty much impossible to abuse for an opiate tolerant person. Maybe bu the time the shot wears off u'll be fine and won't need opiates. That would be a blessing in disguise.

Honestly, maybe you should use this 'gift' and take a break from the game for a while. If you're fiending this hard for them, you might wanna listen to your parents and stop. it could be the best decision of your life.

Honestly, maybe you should use this 'gift' and take a break from the game for a while. If you're fiending this hard for them, you might wanna listen to your parents and stop. it could be the best decision of your life.

I find it unbelivable that people with drug experience and most likely addiction experience themselves are telling someone to 'just stop'.

Isn't it clear? "Addiction Is A Disease" isn't just an empty mantra for better treatment. It's the fucking truth. We have at least 80 years of abstinence-only treatments (and 40 years of antagonist treatments). These programs have almost a 100% failure rate. Addicts who remain opioid abstinent often, as addicts know and addiction historians and treatment personnel are afraid to admit, end up skidrow alcoholics, dead in a year or two.

Something can be done about this, and I would hate to see another young person commit suicide on forced Naltrexone.

'Just stop'. If only it were that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.