• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Coke makes water smell weird

tired of crap

Bluelighter
Its been many moons ( about 3 years) since my 'little' coke binge but the other day I had a little line (and i mean little, approx .1 g). Anyways three years ago, depending on the stuff we got, every now and again, the day after (and for sometimes up to a few weeks) I would notice that tap water and only tap water smelled. I cant quite describe this smell and believe me Ive put alot of thought to it but after the other night ive noticed that the smell is back.. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me... Oh by the way ive asked others who are around when this happens and they cant smell anything wrong with the water.

i used to smell something similar to chlorine in my tap water but I just assumed it was chlorine and not a side effect of coke

even a few days after i do a line or two i get a whif of that incredible coke smell haha

same here. noticed a chlorine-y smell/taste in tap water. not only with cocaine tho... pretty much anything that i insuffilate. maybe the damage it is causing is making my sense of smell sensitive?

i dont seem to get it with e or k, it seems to be specifically with yayo. Its definately not 'that coke smell' and it doesnt quite smell like chlorine but maybe thats just what chlorine smells like when my nose is raw, im really not sure.

I fully agree... and I have some thoughts, having just found this post while googling the subject.
I know a lot about C and the production processes, contaminants etc. I have noticed only certain types of C have this effect on the smell of water. I first noticed it in New York, subsequently in London.

It makes you sensitive to the smell of chlorine or ozone-treated tapwater. It changes the smell, makes it seem like the water is stuffed with chlorine or, more precisely, the ozone treatment that most countries now use.

I'm actively trying to find out the cause. I believe it's likely to be one of two things: contamination with levamisole (search google for levamisole and erowid, you'll find that taste/flavour corruption is one side-effect and its a VERY common cut these days)
OR
It's the use of an inferior solvent such as Methyl Ethyl Ketone at the final stages of production, which leaves your nose hypersensitive to chlorine or oxidising agents.

I can be doing pure C and not get the effect, but when its good quality "lavado" from NYC or London, it often has this effect on smell..

Any other comments from people who know their chemistry would be welcome, otherwise I'm going to do some testing and get back to you. But you're right that its the C (or its contaminants) that have this strange effect on the smell of water (you'll notice it doesn't make bottled water smell)

Okay so I just recently started experiencing this. And I have a theory. I first noticed it when I got into the shower and thought it was something that smelled weird outside because it had been raining. But then I noticed it with all TAP and unfiltered water basically, and it didn't smell nice like how it does after it rains. It smelled stale and almost like mildew or must. So I went online to search the symptoms and kind of confirm that I wasn't the only one experiencing this and I wasn't crazy and I came upon this thread. So Ive really thought about it because I hate the smell, and it's bothering me, and I have a theory I would like to run by people on here:

The only thing I can think of is that the reason were only smelling tap or unfiltered faucet water is because for some reason the drugs chemicals are getting absorbed and stuck in the sinuses and the smell were smelling is the minerals and metals in the faucet water. Like maybe its reacting with the chemicals left in the sinuses after you snort it.
Because I am still smelling the water even after being sober for a day or two and blowing my nose, ect.

But okay so that's what I think so far, I'm most likely wrong but I'd like feedback because I'm honestly really curious about it and the smell is annoying the hell out of me so I'd like to maybe figure out how to get rid of it. Lol

I have experienced the same thing with coke as well as meth, always thought it was just me because others I had been using with didn't seem to smell it. I have ask quite a few people about it and never got a cause of why... So thanks for posting I hope someone may shed some light on this.

its your sense of smell being destroyed by insufflation ! some people are sensitive others are not ! big mistery WOW

I definitely get this every now and again after a Coke binge. I'm not sure if it's reassuring that others who use Coke get this too because apparently phantom smells can often be a sign of some fairly serious health problems such as kidney failure, tumours and other brain related issues. I'm hoping it's a more straightforward "Coke-goes-up-your-nose-and-causes-a-barrier-or-filter-that-distorts-smells-for-a-short-time-before-wearing-off" kind of thing, but would definitely like to know more. It's definitely more from rain and fresh tap water that I get it. Very odd, but kind of interesting at the same time. I'll keep an eye on here to see if anyone has any luck in getting to the bottom of it.

Smell u later...

After using 3-fpm my sense of smell becomes ultra sensitive to certain smells during the comedown. It's like the chemical character of the drug becomes intertwined with another smell and I am aware of this constant presence of this weird aroma/ taste.

aren't phantom smells a sign of an impending stroke?
STAY SAFE GUYS ;D

Funny that this thread is so recently revived. I started it so long ago. Oh how we grow haha.. so i just thought id chime in with some.more experience under my belt

its your sense of smell being destroyed by insufflation ! some people are sensitive others are not ! big mistery WOW

Im not sure it is this entirely but i feel like this defintely plays a roll. I feel like it may have something to do with particular cuts or fillers being used because I dont get the same effect om my sense of smell from more caustic substances to insufflate (ie 2c-x), mind its not like Im doing grams of it over a weekend.

I was searching about a weird smell in tap water, and I don't mean chlorine, but in my case it happens when I take metamizole (dipyrone). From what I had been reading, it's not only with coke. People in different forums talk about this weird smell on water (exept on bottled water) wich they can't describe quite well, some mentioned it happens with coke and some others with metamizole. So maybe it's the same smell and happens with some drugs. I'm very curious about what specific changes ocurrs in the body that cause this.

I hope someone can figure it out and share

Tap water is filthy, there are God knows how many contaminants in it, it's anyone's guess as to how they'd react to different chemicals.

Yea this isn't the first time this has been mentioned.

FWIW, I've noticed certain normal random things smell strange while high on various stimulants. Whether this is due to an altered perception or just an insane increase in level of concentration over things normally ignored (or a combination of both) or an actual interaction between chemicals (active, cut or otherwise) is beyond me.

I asked my dad about this one time. He rolled his eyes and said
gee, your surprised that things around you seem altered when using mind altering substances. What's wrong with you boy?

It's 2018 and Coke still makes water smell/taste funny, SMFH i'm disappointed, starting to get turned off from it, went from a ball a week to a gram a week, changed suppliers multiple times, different cities, fuck this shit