• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone and Opana?

wesley90

Bluelighter
I took about 40mgs of methadone this morning at 8:30. I have some Opana 10mg IR, will the methadone inhibit the opana? I plan on insuffilating the Opana. Plus how much Opana will it take to get buzzed you think?

Yes, it will inhibit the Opana, especially if you are on MMT. I would wait 24 hours after your methadone dose before taking the Opana.

I'm not quite sure that's true. Usually under 70mg, you can fell other opiods, especially strong ones, and especially via IV. I've blasted through 60mg of methadone with dope, morphine IR, oxycodone, and hydromorphone. I don't insuffulate generally, but I know others who do, heroin in particular, and they still catch a nod. Opana, oxymorphone if I remember correctly, is quite strong, although I haven't had the pleasure of ever stumbling upon some, I would imagine you could get still use it. Personally, I would IV it though; however, that's a matter of choice.

Its most likely going to block it.

What you need to be careful of if your going to try and get high on this combo is, you might do ALOT of opana and not feel the least bit high, but still have severe cns depression. So i would definetly wait at least 24 hours.

I just insuffilated 20mgs of 2 Opana 10mg IRs...man thats a lot of powder...dont feel anything yet though...I have seen the Opana ER MEGA thread, but is there a Opana IR thread?

Thanks.

Methadone is a full mu agonist, so I'm not sure how it could really "block" another full mu agonist without completely saturating all mu receptors and outcompeting the opana for them...which i kind of doubt happens. If anything there should be an additive effect; if you don't feel anything of 20 mg opana its probably because your tolerance is somewhat high from taking 40 mg of methadone a day. But be careful because I really do think the two drugs will have an additive effect.

According to the DiscoveryHouse website (an MMT program)

"Methadone can also chemically block the craving for heroin although it does not produce or mimic heroin's warm, euphoric 'rush'. At greater doses than those that are available in illicit opiates, it produces a blocking effect to the high of illicit opiates. This means that if the addict uses heroin while in methadone treatment, (s)he will experience little or no effect from the heroin."

This is true for all opiates, I believe.

Be really careful, even if you don't get "high" there is a good probability of respiratory depression. Stay awake and stay safe.

I always took the craving blocking as being due to the NMDA antagonism action of methadone. DXM inhibits cravings (for some) by the same mechanism. But I need to read up more on this; I'm just not fully convinced that it inhibits the effects of opiates in the way that buprenorphine would. I'm not saying that you're lying, but I'm going to poke around and do some research on this myself when I have time.

I always took the craving blocking as being due to the NMDA antagonism action of methadone. DXM inhibits cravings (for some) by the same mechanism. But I need to read up more on this; I'm just not fully convinced that it inhibits the effects of opiates in the way that buprenorphine would. I'm not saying that you're lying, but I'm going to poke around and do some research on this myself when I have time.

Thats fine, but methadone has very high Mu-receptor affinity. I think the only opiate that outcompetes it is bupe, but that should be the only one.

Well I was feeling pretty good after awhile yesterday when I took 40mgs of Methadone and then added 2 Opana 10mg IR pills insuffilated, then I insuffillated 2 Opana IR 10mg pills WITHOUT taking any Methadone and did not feel anything...How much Opana IR should I take when I DONT take Methadone to get a nice buzz?

Thanks

without methadone you should have to do less opana to get high. i dont know what your tolerance is like but i'd compare one 10mg opana to 100mg of oxy...that's shooting though. opana's are easily the best thing next to dope, i like the opana rush better sometimes. anyway...yeah the longer you wait after the 'dones the more opana you'll feel...

I took about 40mgs of methadone this morning at 8:30. I have some Opana 10mg IR, will the methadone inhibit the opana? I plan on insuffilating the Opana. Plus how much Opana will it take to get buzzed you think?

U won't be as buzzed as u want

Well I was feeling pretty good after awhile yesterday when I took 40mgs of Methadone and then added 2 Opana 10mg IR pills insuffilated, then I insuffillated 2 Opana IR 10mg pills WITHOUT taking any Methadone and did not feel anything...How much Opana IR should I take when I DONT take Methadone to get a nice buzz?

Thanks

U have to know ur tolerenc and from the sound of it, u have a pretty high tolerence so u'll prolly have to double what your taking now, increase gradually though for health issues.