• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Nuvigil Sucks

Comparison

I've just begun nuvigil after use of provigil for a few years. It is prescribed for alertness increase after I suffered traumatic brain injury from a wreck. I like provigil better so far. I 'know' more about how it affects me. Nuvigil lasts too long for me. I break provigil in half and take it when I feel I need increased alertness.... I never take provigil after late afternoon. Nuvigil is just bothersome with sleep. I sure wish the drug companies would test these type meds on a gender specific/cycle specific basis. Seems my hormones completely defeat the effects of either med....some parts of the month... Yet, they still interfere with my restful sleep.8)

Future of nootropics

AS I recall Nuvigil was the US distributors ace up the sleave when I think - Sanofi sarl who brought the product to market WW (and were looking into possible unrelated benefits of yhis nootroopic. So Provigil (with a few tweaks to its half life that clinically could benefit type of patient - The US MIC, particularly the airforce which had always needed |GO ¬ NO GO PILLS to allow them to function from the |US mainland and effect bombing runs in Afghanistan and later Iraq...Nuvigil was the new GO tablet (I believe zolpidem the new NO GO), so with a ready market and a complicit ip oversight a "new drug was born whose only benefit over provigil and the generics was 50% half life =36 hours wakefullness, 6+ year patent on a drug ostensibly the same exept half-lfe, just as provigil came I think quite fortuitously from omlifon (TM), a relatively old drug in France and sold at a fixed price of FF0,00,,until some smart chemist (at Lafon I think), did what chemists do and tinkered and got Modafinil - a non-addictive, pseudo-amphetaminewith no comedown, and after 8 hours restful sleep, no mental or phsiological fatigue = The ultimate GO PILL, with glowing reports + an unexpected result - measureable increases in alrtness, improved multitasking - a 12-14 hour elevation inall cognitive abilities, a cognitive booster in tablet form,,,witha quick skip and a jump to the exam room, Modafinil and its unrelated BRAIN PILL, ritalin were assumed to give the PRESCRIBED patient relief from an ever expanding number of hitherto unknown 'disorders - AHDD, adult ADD, creating its wake a medicated nation, from 12yrs on there is a OTC or easily prescribed drug for all our true health needs, and all the new lifestyle drugs Gingo Bilobao, Super-berries etc, are beginning to morph with the now sanitised '\head Shop', linked into an intricate web of talened and creative pharmacologists and microbiologists, using Shulgin's works to guide them, avert analogue trapdoors - if they think it may work, work up a small batch and the hardiest go straight to bioassay...If 10 in the bioassay like it thm the proper name with accompanying diagrams faxed to the top 5 in Asia for a quick dutch auction, SLR, contracts drawn and signed, money in escrow if need be...and within daysthe latest legal 'high' not covered by HM analogues act is being made up in the lab, upscaled then the manufaturor will release 1kg over 20 head shops as a 'this isn't kgs of desoxypiperodone-like mess,

The distributors rack up a slick PR, viral and strategic smears preemptively. It is odd how in the truely economic laissez faire economy in this sector, your order comes stamped in chinese script...they ofered the cheapest prices, shortest turnaround, fairest SLAand their chemists may havewhispered a murmour of their analysis for future products into your Chem's earhole.

as the 'illegal's of old are sythesised to a degriee of verisimilitude...no more smuggling with enough of the right chemicals available in loco to create a Somative nirvana that enough people are happy with to put aside traditional narcotics, let greed be used as a tool for others to do the hardwork, and deliver to your door your every imagined or - 'too young to try' narcotic extant, and with a big-pharma singing off the same hymn sheets.

A neolibertarian sine qua non - give them what they want, and don't regulate - - - It's a sure fire winner for 2045, And God, well, with their own researched and marketed God Pills that bring you nearer to God, and us nearer the eschaton - It's a winner allround.

apologies for massivelet tangental reply, but I hope we got there in the end??

hmmm wild post there Pythagoras...pretty interesting too...i approve ..lol....you type a lot of stuff like i normally do when posting or moreso when messaging someone as anyone who has ever got a message from me could tell you..lol....the drug in the post sound slike pure shite to me ,, i would get some type of amphetamine or find another job....

You didn't get the free two week 14 pill starter kit?
I'm prescribed Dexedrine 20mg daily....which I don't take except for occasions because I'm too skinny, but my doctor added Nuvigil to the mix anyways. I love it....its perfect for stopping the amphetamines. I never abuse the amps but there is still a depression after their discontinuation.

I dont know how long Ill continue it...the cash price is rediculous as you actually paid. Its Nuvigil instead of Provigil because they lost the patent. Just used the R enantiomer. Provigil was expensive as shit as well.

At least my doctor gave me the 250 mg pills. The starter kit is only 14 pills..regardless of strength. But you cant beat free.

I just took Nuvigil for the first time today. It does what it says it does, however, as recoverying alcoholic/addict this is not a drug I will continue to take. This drug has a powerful potential to be abused -- and as a person in recovery, I should have done more research on Nuvigil before I took it. I felt pretty amped today, infact a little euphoric. Its like using "uppers" (I will not go into detail as addicts know what I'm pertaining to). I can see how this has the potential to be abused. The sad part is, is that my doctor knows I am in recovery and a drug like this can be dangerouse for those in recovery, especially from narcs. I am going through "shift change disorder", but I also take seroquel for sleep. This is a dangerous cycle of drugs; sleep wake sleep wake sleep wake. I will not take Nuvigil again. FOR THOSE IN RECOVERY, please do your research and understand that Nuvigil is considered a CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE and has the strong potential to be abused. Doctors are handing out a 14 day trial for Nuvigil for reasons beyond me, if you have problems with alcohol or drug abuse, please ask your doctor about an alternative, or just drink a couple Monsters when you wake up. If you are concerns or questions about this, you can simply Google: Nuvigil and alcohol. The description of the drug and its FDA ruling will be explained. This is how I found this blog

so nuvigil is just the evergreen version of provigil? i thought provigil was an effective nootropic, but only for a fairly short duration - that and my addict brain of course always wants more more more.

provigil seemed fairly tame to me, but i wouldn't trust anything i say.

I suffer from sever deppresion I cn't get outa of bed for days or even weeks I cant accomplish anything everything. I lay in bed screming at my self to please just get up... Then I found nuvigil and it saved my life.. Its like meth but with out the amphetamine. You can try cutting your dosage of nuvigil provigil is the same but not as strong. My doctor perscribes me sleeping piills so I can sleep when I want to zanex works great you wake up refrshed unlike stronger drugs such as trazadone. I've been dealing with this is use for years now and have trid eeveery combination of drugs on the plant. Adairol has similar effect not as strong my amphetmine based. ( I'm also allergic to aphetmine so it makes it hard.)
Lunesta or ambien will not cut it you could swallow the whole bottle. Depending on your tolerence either colonopin or zanex with a glas of wine will solve your problem.
MY PROBLEM IS THE F N COST. insurence dsnt pay for either pro or novigil and 60 pills wich is a month for me is over $1000. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP???

I currently work nights, and have started taking Nuvigil to help cope with the transitioning from being awake during the day to being awake at night. In short - this stuff sucks dick. It makes you feel a little bit high, similar to a low dose of amphetamines, but the shit lasts 15-24 hours.

Has anybody that has taken this (or Provigil), and found a way to come down quicker? After a while, you just feel exhausted and dead inside, but cannot sleep. Instead of the constant ampy, powerful feeling you get on amphetamines, you end up more tired than you have ever been with no way to get to sleep.

I have tried Ambien and Lunesta - they do not make me sleep. They just make me feel more tired, which is miserable.

So, BL community - tips, tricks?

Nuvigil DOES suck. Was RXd it for ADD because my doc was prolly getting paid to push it on clients for purposes that it is not scripted for. I dunno much about how it works, which means I can't recommend supplements to you, but diphenhydramine or any sedating antihistamine will work. If you have benzos, use them, that will work better than anything.

I suffer from sever deppresion I cn't get outa of bed for days or even weeks I cant accomplish anything everything. I lay in bed screming at my self to please just get up... Then I found nuvigil and it saved my life.. Its like meth but with out the amphetamine. You can try cutting your dosage of nuvigil provigil is the same but not as strong. My doctor perscribes me sleeping piills so I can sleep when I want to zanex works great you wake up refrshed unlike stronger drugs such as trazadone. I've been dealing with this is use for years now and have trid eeveery combination of drugs on the plant. Adairol has similar effect not as strong my amphetmine based. ( I'm also allergic to aphetmine so it makes it hard.)
Lunesta or ambien will not cut it you could swallow the whole bottle. Depending on your tolerence either colonopin or zanex with a glas of wine will solve your problem.
MY PROBLEM IS THE F N COST. insurence dsnt pay for either pro or novigil and 60 pills wich is a month for me is over $1000. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP???

Nuvigil always made me depressed... Odd...

I am taking 250 of Nuvigil

I currently work nights, and have started taking Nuvigil to help cope with the transitioning from being awake during the day to being awake at night. In short - this stuff sucks dick. It makes you feel a little bit high, similar to a low dose of amphetamines, but the shit lasts 15-24 hours.

Has anybody that has taken this (or Provigil), and found a way to come down quicker? After a while, you just feel exhausted and dead inside, but cannot sleep. Instead of the constant ampy, powerful feeling you get on amphetamines, you end up more tired than you have ever been with no way to get to sleep.

I have tried Ambien and Lunesta - they do not make me sleep. They just make me feel more tired, which is miserable.

So, BL community - tips, tricks?

I use a CPAP and Nuvigil. I was very uneasy when I started (nervous about my type A personality) so we started with 150
at first, I did get a buzz for a few days. but after 2 years I had started taking an extra 1/2 pill on weekends, then I started taking two pills for 300 dose on weekends.
my life is that I live alone with my dog, who is a lab/beagle mix and energetic, even at 8 1/2 years.
I get up at 4:00 and we do about a two mile walk to make certain he takes care of everything before I lieave him is in the house all day. when I get back from work we go out for a 3 or 4 mile walk. if the sun is up I let him run at the school after. I am an engineer and programmer so although I am on my feet some days I don't physically work.
weekends, we do long walks (we were out for 3 hours this morning)
at 150 of Nuvigil, on weekends I was useless all by afternoon. and why I Started taking more on my own
I called the neurologist and he was annoyed that I did it on my own, but wasn't surprised. now I take 1.5 pills everyday
I still fall asleep on the couch after 8:00, sometimes earlier and sleep through the evening (until the alarm goes off)
for years I lived on 6 hours or less sleep until this problem started. now 7 is the minimum. I don't take naps because I am too busy during the day, at home or work.
when I was younger I worked nights twice. the only way I could make it work was to rigidly keep the same schedule all the time. it made it a pain when Saturday night/Sunday morning at 3:00 A.M. I found I didn't have enough oil for an oil change or something else. no place around here to shop. but I could do 12-7 shift that way. had bouts of insomnia before that, they became worse for a few years after I Went back to days.
anyway...Nuvigil doesn't keep me up. I also drink a lot of coffee. at home a pot plus on weekend days

Walmart's quoted me 500/month for Provigil
but my insurance pays, and the manufacturer pays the difference to them to pay for Nuvigil instead of Provigil. weird. my neurologist told me about it

Provigil is one of those odd drugs that has wildly varying results for different people. For a short while, it was helping me with my fatigue but would wear off by afternoon. It also had quite a few side effects. Runny nose, nausea, headache, etc. Then I changed my dosing around so instead of 200mg in the morning I was doing 100 in the morning and 100 in the afternoon. That didn't seem to do much at all unless I had heaps of coffee or a few rockstars with it. So now I am back to my 200mg in the morning without the side effects but still not having it last all day. My neuro said I could stop taking it and instead try bumping up my prozac by 10mg as apparently antidepressants can help with fatigue (which seems backwards to me). Instead I am just taking 200mg in the morning and another 200 in the afternoon and using melatonin or now xanax or something to get myself to sleep at night. Its pretty darn stupid. Most everyone that takes it reports that if it works, it works for only a short while and then they must take a break from it for a few months because you build up tolerance to it. So all that plus the fact that its about $450 a bottle just makes it seem like the stupidest drug ever. And no you wont get a buzz from it except that initial woohoo I am really awake right now type feeling that kicks in about an hour after taking. I will be going back to my neuro AGAIN to see if there are any other options. RIght now I am a walking talking lab experiment and its rather annoying. Wheeee.... good times

I got prescribed modafinil for ADD when I wasn't happy with the effects of ritalin. All these pills ever did for me was give me a headache and the worst diarrhea ever. I'd rather take caffeine pills, they are just as effective with less side effects

Haven't tried Nuvigil, but honestly not that interested in it. I find occasional use of Modafinil is good enough. Even when using Modafinil (200mg single dose, at 700am) I sometimes find I have trouble falling asleep at 1100pm.

Can't see why an extended half-life in Nuvigil would really be a bonus.

I also find that Modafinil "does not play well with others". Like the earlier post about taking alcohol. I have also found that caffeine + modafinil makes me feel weird and physically "wrong". I've also tried Modafinil + low dose d-amp at the same day. Note to self: don't EVER do that again.

Nuvigil, shmuvigil.

I used to work with a woman on the Provigil and until I happened to find this fact out, I always thought we was a whacky wired and strange chick. However, after hearing about her being on this drug, I told her - I get it! We became closer friends after that and she'd stop by my office to chat all the time. She just needed an outlet to vent and use up some of that extra energy. This can be a little tough in an office setting. I used to try and call her on her unusual actions when I could. She could come off absolutely "wired" (shaking and babbling at times) on occasion and I'd try to point it out and talk her down a little. It usually worked and she'd calm down and would be pretty normal for a stretch. My guess is that she was on a higher dosage than she needed. Warning - It can be a very powerful drug and I'd suggest starting lower than you think you need and move up slowly. Maybe you'll be able to avoid the shakes etc. Good Luck!

My wife just got prescribed this today for narcolepsy. Anyone currently using this? I'm curious as to how to side effects are? Will this improve her mood, sex drive and enthusiasm?

Waklert 150mg

If you guys are not comfortable with nuvigil you can try waklert. This waklert 150mg dosages are very effective in treating sleep disorders. It is wakefulness-promoting drug which is mainly improves wakefulness and alertness. Many people have tried this medicine to reduce their tiredness, drowsiness, and mainly daytime sleep. To avoid your daytime sleep you must take this medicine 1 hour before your work time.