• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

NCAA Football ver 2009-2010

TheLoveBandit

Indefinite break from BL - contact other admin
It's early July, and I can't hold off any longer. And no, it isn't about extended boasting rights for the reigning national champs, or a last huzzah before they stumble and knock themselves out of contention. We're in the in-between days, where news is slow, but hopefully we can start having something to talk about on this subject. To start - some early odds on this season's games. Any strike you as being over generous?

Early College Football Betting Lines

Ones that stick out to me:

Saturday, September 12, 2009
1023 NOTRE DAME -3½
1024 MICHIGAN
*let's call it The Ugly Bowl....

1027 USC -6½
1028 OHIO ST.
*USC being favored AT OSU ought to put a wrinkle in some of ya'll

Saturday, September 19, 2009
1037 TENNESSEE
1038 FLORIDA -27
*Not nearly enough of a spread. This one will be u-g-l-y, and I'll love every minute of it.

Saturday, October 03, 2009
1079 OKLAHOMA -10
1080 MIAMI (FL)
*@ UM....and only favored by 10? Must be planning for OU shellshock playing in a bowl setting :\

Saturday, October 17, 2009
1125 USC -10
1126 NOTRE DAME
*Okay, so the USC that was favored by 6.5 @ OSU is playing the ND and only expected to win by 10? Whomever is making these predictions is smoking something. Unless this is the USC JV squad.

Saturday, October 31, 2009
1157 GEORGIA @JACKSONVL, FL
1158 FLORIDA -16
*Okay...

Saturday, November 07, 2009
1173 OHIO ST.
1174 PENN ST. -3
*Down goes Tressel, down goes Tressel....;)

Oh, well, so that guy is on crack...but at least I can talk about something until the Gators are preseason #1...whenever those get released. And no, I'm not talking about arrest records (though it is worth peeking in on the Fulmer Cup once in awhile ;) .... Washington State is on the top, FL fell out of the top 10, and nobody else is really of interest right now, IMO).

Boomer Sooner!! The spread on the OU Miami game is not enough. They have not improved that much in the last two years. They will not be able to handle our defense, and I think our offense line will be better than expected with more overall speed. I look forward to maybe meeting you all again in the NC, and this time not in florida =).

Yea....I cant wait to how LSU's QB situation evolves...Hopefully our Soph Jefferson starts where he left off in the G Tech game last year....

Not only did our old QB Lee do nothing to help our team last year....He certainly lost us a few games....Most notably the Bama game where even after 4 or 5 INT's we still took em to OT...The last one was a killer

Im even more interested to see how our new DC John Chavis (former Tenn DC the past 10 + years) transforms our extremely talented yet underachieving defense from a year ago....LSU has always (at least this decade) had a killer D....We need that swagger back and from what im hearing.....Chavis is the man to do so

The season cant begin soon enough!!

I think everyone on this board knows who my allegiance goes too...tOSU

TLB....UF goes undefeated or drops at least one game? If so, by who??

I think OSU will beat USC early at the Horseshoe. playing at the Coliseum in LA, the Buckeyes most definitely got their asses handed to them - but that game was essential because it allowed freshman Terrelle Pryor to take over from that point on.

there is no doubt in my mind that every year USC has the best talent, and the best incoming class of recruits. nobody can really argue against that, even though powerhouse schools like OSU or FLA come close.

however, I don't think USC is experienced enough to beat OSU in Columbus this year. they are talented enough, but simply they are not weathered enough. and plus, this looks to be Terrelle Pryor's breakout year. or at least I hope the above all is true, being a Buckeye fan.

I doubt Penn State will beat OSU this year. Penn State is only really good once every three or so years, and I don't think they can match OSU's talent.

all in all, should be a great year for the Buckeyes. I can't wait to see the LeBron James of the NCAA (TP) run all over the mediocre Big Ten defenses.

look for OSU to lose one game, and just miss the National Title.

Texas and Florida are easy shoe-ins for the NCAA National Title this year, and I think Texas will be the overall team to beat throughout the year.

where is everybody? it seems like we only have OSU and SEC fans in here like usual.

question: is Pander Bear not posting in here because he knows that UGA is going to go back to their sub par performances of yonder?

where is everybody? it seems like we only have OSU and SEC fans in here like usual.

question: is Pander Bear not posting in here because he knows that UGA is going to go back to their sub par performances of yonder?

I think we all knew you were a shoe-in for the Fuckeyes. Granted, you guys made it to the BCS many times (and lost to an SEC team) so don't be so sure how good they'll be. You just never know. I'm a UGA alum and fan and I will argree it will be a tough year after losing big guys like Moreno, Stafford, Massaquoi and Southerland, but we are reloading. I expect 8-4 with a bowl win in the Peach, unfortunately. But just maybe Cox can fill Staff's shoes and one of our good running backs will step up. Good TE's, WR's and Offensive Line too. You never know, look at Tee Martin and Tennessee a handful of years ago.

We all knew you were a shoe-in for the Fuckeyes again this year. Granted, you guys made it to the BCS many times (and lost to SEC teams too) so dont be so sure how good they'll be. You just never know until they play. Don't get me wrong, OSU is very good, but you just don't know. I'm a UGA Alum and fan and I will agree it will be a tough season this year after losing Stafford, Moreno, Massaquoi and Southerland, but we are reloading. And as usual, we have a tough schedule. We might end up in the Chik Fil A or perhaps the Outback, but I can't wait for 2010. You never know, Joe Cox may fill Staff's shoes and our running backs like Carlton Thomas will step up. We'll have a great offensive line, good TE's and WR's too. You just don't know, look at Tee Martin and Tennessee a few years ago (fingers crossed). But honestly, I think we will be a pretty good team at least and possibly a great one. We work best under the radar. Gooo DAWGS! Sic-em! Woof! Woof! Woof! Jesus Christ I can't wait until Sept. 5 against a highly ranked Oklahoma State! That will be the barometer of how our season will go.

I wish thee well, over in Peach Country. UGA is probably my favorite SEC team because of Hines Ward and Moreno was so much fun to watch last year. I was more trying to get a rise out of my great friend Pander Bear.

you're right - who knows how the Buckeyes will be this year? almost EVERYONE on offense left last year but I think that IS A GOOD THING. we need to start a new. we have never seen a QB with the raw talent of the likes of Terelle Pryor (Troy Smith comes close). but I am optimistic. our defense, sans the D-line, is very inexperienced as well - but as a Buckeye I can't really remember the last time I had to worry about defense too much.

I just can't wait till Sept. 12th! it is a day before my bday and that is the red-letter day when USC comes to visit Columbus, Ohio (not Columbus, GA). if we pull out a win then OSU will be considered in the Title Race (as a Big Ten team you realistically have to win one huge out of conference game nowadays to be considered).

good luck to everyone but I hope Terelle Pryor smokes all your teams.

I think Texas will be the team to beat this year, still.

TLB....UF goes undefeated or drops at least one game? If so, by who??

Possibly OCT 17 (home) vs ARK - though I expect Meyer can get them properly fired up for homecoming. Though it falls the week after a night game at LSU :\ Other than that, I'd honestly say OCT 31 vs UGA, simply for the fact that they could very well be undefeated at that point, and therefore overconfident against a team that is really pissed off after last year. While I think UF has a lot more talent and strength than UGA, motivation can beat skill....frequently....when skill gets lazy. For a 'lesson on lazy', look back at last year's loss :\

I'd love to play beat Texas in the Rose Bowl :) But first, they have to win their conference, and they've got a few stumbling points of their own along the way. I'd laugh my ass off if they won every game except lost the OU matchup or the conference championship. Still, it'd be a good NC matchup to watch.

OSU.....meh...yeah, they can probably beat USC for the reasons Axl cited, but even if they run the table, I don't see OSU getting higher than maybe 5 in the final pre-bowl polls. While the Big10+1 has a very bruised image, OSU has done more than it's fair share to bring down that league's reputation - and their own, when it comes to big games. Good luck, suckeyes, I don't think I'll necessarily cheer against you, but I certainly can't cheer for you. I would almost cheer for PSU over you, since it's my new 'home team' but I absolutely deplore GrandPa.... :p

Anyone want to venture a guess for other conference champs at this point, since we lack reps for those areas? I'd try, but honestly the ACC and Big Least make me want to puke. To the point where I'd rather take a Conference USA team in the BCS matchups :|

I see the major conference champions being, in this rank:

1) Texas
2) Florida
3) OSU
4) USC

I can't really comment on the Big East and ACC this early...

I don't know if this is a National Championship year for OSU but they are going to be fun to watch!

I disagree, if the Buckeyes run the table I think they will be in the big game, thanks to that USC game.

What woud be uber funny, is if Hot Rod can get his offense going enough to keep OSU on it's heels. I have no clue to his defense, and have doubts of a second year being THE year his system starts working (or that he's fully staffed with talent to do it).....but it would be funny nonetheless. That said, I hope you kick Michigans ass this year, every year. Yeah. Fucking hate'em. More than I dislike a lot of other teams.

Still, OSU will be too hurt by conference strength for USC to pick them up that much. Though the problem will be even worse for USC, especially if they lose to OSU at the horseshow.

Yeah, I called it the horseshow. Have you seen some of those cheerleaders? ;)

hey, I boned one of those girls. be nice!

it would be something if Dick Rod got his cute offense working for him. but it is looking like another dismal season for That Team Up North... I think both of their working QBs from last year already disbanded...

Go! Fight! Win! Bruins!

Could be another rough season for UCLA with the QB situation once again shaky, but there is hope Neuheisel and Chow will find their groove in year two. Going to Tennessee is the tough non-conf. road trip of the season...hopefully they can embarrass the Kiffins but I'm not counting on it.

I am trying to stay away from this board for a while until it's deeper in the college football season. Sec fans can be nasty mean spirited people, so I will refrain from saying anything on this board. Although I could see OSU running ther table and beating UF in the National Championship game much like Texas did against USC in 2005. USC had all of the media love, every sports pundit got a hard on for Leinhart, and then fast Vince Young took over and won it. I think OSU's Pryor is much like Vince Young, and I could definitely see UF getting overconfident with all of the haters bashing the Big 10 and OSU. Maybe so maybe not. But it should be a fun season as usual.

BTW I won't be reading anything on this board until middle of September. So don't bother hurling insults at me and my Buckeye fans, I won't see them. Save your typing energy. Thank you.

I am trying to stay away from this board for a while until it's deeper in the college football season. Sec fans can be nasty mean spirited people, so I will refrain from saying anything on this board. Although I could see OSU running ther table and beating UF in the National Championship game much like Texas did against USC in 2005. USC had all of the media love, every sports pundit got a hard on for Leinhart, and then fast Vince Young took over and won it. I think OSU's Pryor is much like Vince Young, and I could definitely see UF getting overconfident with all of the haters bashing the Big 10 and OSU. Maybe so maybe not. But it should be a fun season as usual.

interesting that you draw parallels between Texas beating USC in 05 and perhaps OSU beating UF this year... Vince Young and Terrelle Pryor are a lot alike, but when it's all said and done I think I would take Pryor over Young. TP just has RAW athletic ability, and that is going to be key for the Buckeyes this year!

BTW I won't be reading anything on this board until middle of September. So don't bother hurling insults at me and my Buckeye fans, I won't see them. Save your typing energy. Thank you.

come on, man! don't be so soft! this is college football, you have to have tougher skin than that! you are a Buckeyes fan, after all!

the SEC deserves the praise they have gotten the past couple of years. they have been winning and winning with toughness, coaching, and athleticism. interesting enough, it looks like most of the SEC's brilliant head coaches got their start at OSU (or at least in the Big 10).

let them be happy, the football gods have shined on the South recently. however, we all know how fast the worm can turn - and I like OSU's roster this year.

stick around potsmoker!