• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

NCAA Football ver 2009-2010

im here... i'm expecting 9 wins out of my dawgs-- at minimum. There are questions, of course, but our spring game showed some serious skill where it matters. I hope Cox settles in early.

That said, UF will beat us. I am looking forward to seeing them play in stillwater, and I'm interested in seeing them beat the tar out of GT.

OSU fans are kidding themselves expecting a one loss season.

Go! Fight! Win! Bruins!

Could be another rough season for UCLA with the QB situation once again shaky, but there is hope Neuheisel and Chow will find their groove in year two. Going to Tennessee is the tough non-conf. road trip of the season...hopefully they can embarrass the Kiffins but I'm not counting on it.

Despite wanting UF's opponents to have a good ranking and help our SOS, I sincerely hope UCLA kicks TN in the ass, up the ass, and kick their ass all over the place. I'd love to see Kiffen go 0-fer, or more realistically 3-and-whatever-ish. That said, I have to admit my first thought upon reading your post was to quote the last several years where each season brings the same UCLA cheer....followed by :| Blech :p

;)

Moving on.

Anyone see about money generating football programs and who is leading that area?

[xquoteThe chart in this blog entry ranks all Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly known as Division I-A) schools by the total revenue they took in during the 2007-08 reporting year. These revenues include generated revenue (such as proceeds from ticket sales and sponsorships) and allocated revenue (such as tuition waivers, money from student fees and direct institutional support.)

As the figures indicate, the athletic departments with the highest revenue typically are from schools that fill 80,000- to 100,000-seat football stadiums on autumn Saturdays and come from conferences that receive an automatic Bowl Championship Series bid. [/xquote]

Code:
1st	Texas		$120,288,370 	Big 12
2nd	Ohio State	$117,953,712 	Big Ten
3rd	Florida		$106,030,895 	Southeastern Conference
4th	Michigan	$99,027,105 	Big Ten
5th	Wisconsin	$93,452,334 	Big Ten
6th	Penn State	$91,570,233 	Big Ten
7th	Auburn		$89,305,326 	Southeastern Conference
8th	Alabama		$88,869,810 	Southeastern Conference
9th	Tennessee	$88,719,798 	Southeastern Conference
10th	Oklahoma State	$88,554,438 	Big 12
11th	Kansas		$86,009,257 	Big 12
12th	Louisiana State	$84,183,362 	Southeastern Conference
13th	Georgia		$84,020,180 	Southeastern Conference
14th	Notre Dame	$83,352,439 	Independent
15th	Iowa		$81,148,310 	Big Ten
16th	Michigan State	$77,738,746 	Big Ten
17th	Oklahoma	$77,098,009 	Big 12
18th	Stanford	$76,661,466 	Pac-10
19th	Univy of So Cal	$76,409,919 	Pac-10
20th	Nebraska	$75,492,884 	Big 12

Hmmm, 4/6 of the top 6 are Big10+1....okay....but top 10 goes 4 Big10+1, 4 SEC, and 2 Big12....and the top 20 is about the same with 6 Big10+1, 6 SEC, 5 Big12, and a pair of Pac10 and ND. I honestly would not have expected USC to be 19 :\ Hell, Kentucky is 22 8o.

And, for those of us watching replays from past years just to get us thru AUG....here's our first games coming in SEP:

Thur SEP 3
7:00 PM ET South Carolina at North Carolina State - get us started on ESPN

Sat SEP 5
3:30 PM ET Western Michigan at Michigan - =D I smell upset, or would it be that if UM won?
3:30 PM ET Georgia at Oklahoma State (ABC) - Quality, Go Dawgs
8:00 PM ET Alabama vs. Virginia Tech* (ABC) - mo' quality, Roll Tide
10:00 PM ET Maryland at California (ESPN2) - late night...quality?...or just late night filler?
10:30 PM ET LSU at Washington (ESPN) - late night...quality? Gauex Tigers

Mon SEP 7
8:00 PM ET Miami (FL) at Florida State - not televised....Bwahahahaha...but, CIN @ MEM is at 4 PM ;)

Despite wanting UF's opponents to have a good ranking and help our SOS, I sincerely hope UCLA kicks TN in the ass, up the ass, and kick their ass all over the place. I'd love to see Kiffen go 0-fer, or more realistically 3-and-whatever-ish. That said, I have to admit my first thought upon reading your post was to quote the last several years where each season brings the same UCLA cheer....followed by :| Blech :p

;)

Hahahah I would've liked seeing that...

I'll mix it up for you TLB w/ the more popular cheer... 8-clap U! *3-clap* C! *3-clap* LLLLLLLL! *3-clap* A! *3-clap* U-C-L-A! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! :D

TexasLonghorns-Football.jpg

are we set this season to see a rematch of Oklahoma VS Florida?

both are great teams, with great coaches, who have yes lost some star players - but still retain enough to bring the title back to Florida or Oklahoma.

what can stop these two teams from returning to the big dance?

for Florida, it would have to be the lack of Percy Harvin. he could have smoked any college football player, and look for him to do some damage in the NFL in just his rookie year. also, the fact that UF plays in the SEC, the premier football conference, could send them out of the National Title picture if they lose over one game in the conference.

for Oklahoma, I think that they are not even the best team in the Big 12 this year. I look for Texas to dominate that division - but this is college football and anything can happen.

what do you all think the chances of a National Title rematch are? can anybody from the outside looking in, like OSU, Texas, LSU or PSU sneak in?

TX would be my top choice as a possible sneaker, or USC (again, the poor conference quality is not our fault 8) ). I'd love to see a UF-USC game, but it's in the rose bowl this year - rather not be a home game for them.

I don't think USC is a threat this year, and this is the first time I have said that for a long long time.

they are missing a lot of talent. granted a program like that has talent everywhere, but they are missing veteran starters.

if you could count on a veteran laden USC team to fold under a joke PAC-10 program then it's scary to think how many embarassing losses they can accumulate under newbies.

An Ohio State fan trying to talk some shit about the Pac-10 and their "joke" teams? Yeah I think it's safe to say there are a few more jokers in the Little 10 than there is out west...

boy oh boy Axl you better hope your team doesn't embarrass themselves like Auburn did when they underestimated USC going into their house a few years back, because you know who will be right here laughing should the Buckeyes lose in their own backyard to a young USC team. ;)

And don't worry, should your boys win (which apparently they should from your perspective), I'll be here to say "good job! You did what you were supposed to do." :D

USC is always a threat. A little younger, but a threat and will win the Pac-10 conference and play in a BCS Bowl. I consider that a threat. My Georgia Bulldogs on the other hand may be in limbo this year with a fifth year senior at QB, but if he manages the team well (he's very smart and a leader) behind an experienced and highly graded O-line, he can do some good stuff with AJ Green a year older, Kenneth Harris and hopefully some of the young ones like Marlon Brown and Orson Charles. But I really don't think it will be enough to beat the mighty Gaytors this year. Looks like another repeat in the dome come December for the SEC. That's just being realistic. I sincerely hope for a surprising Fall. If not, I might knock a few holes in the wall. Especially if it's against Georgia Tech, the most pathetic fanbase in the South.

Last edited:
how do you feel about ole miss?

They are def good enough to win the west and maybe even surprise everyone and win the SEC...But they are such a young team and Houston Nut has a very good reputation for underachieving when expectations are high.....(For example, Arky...How in the hell do you not win the west when you had a backfield like they had w/ McFadden and Jones...Prob one of the best RB tandems in CFB history)

I think what will happen is Ole Miss beats LSU and/or Bama but will choke against teams like Kentucky or Vandy.....It will just barely cost them the West. They are good but slightly overrated.....

Is Mike Wallace still with them? (Ole Piss) I know Jevan Snead is one of the best QB's in the SEC, that's for sure. I don't forsee them beating LSU OR Bama. I think Bama goes to the dome against Fla.

Ole miss beats at least one of the two (bama or LSU), and yes, goes down hard against the gators in Atlanta. I would be pleasently surprised if florida folder hardcore in jacksonville, though. ;)

Our new QB, while untested, has the arm. My concern, watching the UGA spring game, is that nobody... nobody could catch a football to save their lives.

Man I would LOVE Snead showing up Tebow again...please please please happen.

I want to see him play with a bruised rib, or a tender wrist, so he can cry like a bitch when he gets sacked 5 times in a game. <3<3

^^Unnecessary. No injury required. He could cry if he lost, because it means his last chance at an undefeated season was blown. He could cry if he won, because it was always his dream to lead Florida to yada..yada.. but he wouldn't say 'lead', he would probably say 'do my part to help the team'. Or, he could just cry because he .... well, anything. He's good at that. Hell, they even made a plaque on the stadium for his last crying session. :|

I can think of about 70 other fellas, in orange and blue uniforms, that would also love to see Snead and his boys again. See who walks away with the bloody lip after that one ;)

Ole miss beats at least one of the two (bama or LSU), and yes, goes down hard against the gators in Atlanta. I would be pleasently surprised if florida folder hardcore in jacksonville, though. ;)

Our new QB, while untested, has the arm. My concern, watching the UGA spring game, is that nobody... nobody could catch a football to save their lives.

That scared me too, Pander Bear. Reminds me of Terrence "Butterfingers" Edwards, who also happens to be our all time leading receiver. I wonder if he leads us with the most drops, too. Frustrating. AJ Green is okay, though.;)

a real game should be a different story. I'm expecting fireworks in stillwater.

Yeah. I'm waiting to see how this running back by committee thing works out. I'm assuming Caleb King (slow as hell) is #1 and Washaun Ealey is #2 right now. Richard Samuel might get some carries. I expect mainly a ground attack. Although I'd love to see Joe Cox air it out. I'm confident we will come out of stillwater with a W. Any Pokes out there?

lol... Everyone tried Timmy when he was on the bench for the first championship and they are still doing it. Sneed is serious and will be a good pro but c'mon Tim will be quite safe this year because although percy is gone demps and rainey will still spread the feild. Hmmm light Tebow up or get scorched for long by Demps(look at his 100m time)?