• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids plugging mscontin (morphine sulfate) what is the bioavailability?

I have been reading all of these threads on morphine sulfate, and the general consensus seems to be that plugging is close to the bio availability of IV (more like IM). I have very little experience with morphine, other than with poppy seeds/pods. I have acquired one MS 100 (imprinted E658) and a couple oral syringes. I have a small tolerance, and right now, 30 mg of hydrocodone or about 25 mg of oxycodone (both orally) are good recreational doses for me. How much of the MS 100 would be about equivalent (or maybe a tad stronger) than those doses when plugging? I am thinking about using either 1/3 of the pill (about 33 mg) or just using half (50 mg) to ensure a golden high. Would 1/3 of the pill suffice for me based on my tolerance? Thanks.

^how'd it go?

I have a moderate H tolerance and plan on plugging a full 100mg pill tomorrow... took about 60mg orally today and didn't feel anything

has anyone tried a morphine nasal spray type solution? Would be interested to see if the BA is greater than insufflated morphine, and also where it sits in relation to other ROA's.

Wow this thread has a lot of missing concepts. Here we go...

Morphine undergoes extensive first pass metabolism when ingested orally and result in a B.A. of only about 30%. The morphine molecule is too non-polar to efficiently pass through epitheal cell membranes in the nose and rectum to get into the blood stream resulting in B.A.s of about 30% and 20% respectively. Lowering the pH in the rectum or adding chitosan to the nasal preparation both aid in increasing the permeability of the cell membranes and can greatly increase transfer.

The subjective effects of a drug however, are not solely based on its bioavailability. When taken nasally or rectally, despite the low bioavailability the peak concentration of the drug and time to peak concentration (rush or come-up) can be remarkably faster resulting in a greater high.

The attached graph illustrates this point and I hope answers everyones' questions.

p.s.
Note that bioavailability and really any statistic based on the effect of drugs on a person are comprised of averages which contain outliers. The first time trying a new drug or a drug by a new route of administration it is worthwhile to be cautious.

Attachments

• picture.jpeg
    picture.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,719
I'm confused (no surprise) if the extended release matrix system whatever is so bulletproof then how can even plugging a ms contin make any difference. If the morphine is bonded with the matrix on a molecular level then what difference does it make what way you ingest/ deliver it into your system. Please explain.

See all these posts about the extended release meds are so old that they're not referring to the latest modifications of the time release actions on these medications, right?

Man IDK..

I have been 30mg purps. I ate like 90mgs +20 hydro and felt pretty good, 1mg kpim, noddin, nothing like opana ir anything special. I Do get sick on these though.. typical with opiates

I tried 45 mgs rectal. Warm water mixed with crushed pills and alot of water. I guess it was feeling like 90mgs. Maybe got too sick, yaked all day. Also 1 mg of kpin. Dont think id feel a thing without it.

Anyways does someone have any advice thats been plugging these HTnaks

Also my tolerance is 4-5mg of opana nasally, and abiut 3x10mg percocet oxy's IR oral , how many mg of plugged moph. sulf should that be.. Thats seems a legit harm reduction question i think.. and the the best way to prep, i plugged the 45 today my report is abovr=

Last edited:
I'd start with plugging 100mg then redosing in 50mg increments to work your way up to where you wanna be.

best way to prep: let the morphine (unless it's an IR) soak the ground up morphine pill overnight in a tiny amount of water, then in the morning plug the water. Let the time release do it's thing if it's like my Mallis, at least 8 hours of soaking.

hm yes i will try letting the entire pill just sit and dissolve overnight, like i do with those new OP oxy's (but i drink that).

Ill try letting it dissolves cause i was plugged 50mg's yesterday and still didn't feel much, even with .5 kpin and .5 xanax on top of that.. Im afraid I'm messing it up bu cursing it or not letting it sit long enough? I used hot water, too.

Going to try 70 next ime. Like i said i have a ~30mg oxy tolerance.

no need to use hot water, opiates are freely soluble in cold water. Be careful about mixing in all those benzos even if you're tolerant.

i heard ht eBA of pplugge dmorphine is around 6% twice as high as oral administration

so ya even 70 mgs and .5 kpin and it was slightly better... what a crappy drug to me 100 mgs next time maybe my tolerance is bigger than i think. i usually hold off on the benzo till Ive dosed up, if i don't feel much..

Morphine may not be the best recreational drug, it's not for everyone. But it's considered the Gold Standard for treatment of pain, and to those who actually need it (meaning not the abusers or addicts) benefit greatly from morphine. Even Orally. But of course it's not for everyone that's why they have a lot of different opiates available.

I use ms contin (100 mg) often, usually 50mg IV...but I have plugged several times..

Logic would tell me that the BA of ms contin rectally should be same as orally, both are absorbed by opiate receptors in digestive tract..so I would think what changes ppls interpretation of the BA difference between PO/IR would be rate of absorption (oral swallowed in time release formula, and rectal uses heat extraction and places it directly in digestive tract)

Imo, when I chew and such on er ms contin formula, I get same BA as rectal admin...but im a strong believer in preception is 80%...

Anyone agree or disagree with my reasoning?? Im very open to new ideas and others opinions..

***I also wanted to share a new/different ROA for the ms contins that ive never heard of others doing..
I prep a 1mg syring for injection..(if unaware how google how to.....)
Then remove needle, of applicable.
While laying down, slowly drip down nose and lightly sniff..try to keep in sinus for a few mins..
And get instantly high :)
The IV prep creates a 1ml water solution of pureish morph, anything not absorbed in sinus will be absorbed in digestive tract..
One can also use this for a cleaner plugging, an instant release oral solution, or IV which is best IMO.

1mg syringe? you mean 1mL? Best choice syringe for plugging them IMO.

Chewing MSC does absolutely nothing, it's negligible.

Yes 1ml syringe, not 1mg syringe..they stopped making 1mg syringes a few years ago..lol jk

I agree with you, simply chewing the pill up prior to swallowing hardly increases absorption..as the time release is in the gel/wax matrix..

Maybe this one should have been clearer about my definition of chewing..grinding the pill, holding in mouth for up to 15 mins..allowing saliva to mix with powder, turning into gel, and "pushing" the MS through the wax/gel matrix..allowing sublingual absorption and having a significantly faster breakdown in stomach/small intestine..

Well since this thread has been talking about a few different things I kind of hope it's the right spot for this question. I just got Morphine Sulfate 30mg tablets and was wondering if either snorting or sublingual (under tongue, dissolve) would yield a greater BA than simply swallowing the pill? It does a fair job for my pain if I just take 1 orally but, sometimes I wonder if taking 1 30mg tablet by snorting or dissolving under the tongue would be similar to the strength I feel from taking 2 30mg tablets. (Oh, and I take it for chronic abdominal pain from Crohn's Disease, just fyi)

I can only provide anecdotal evidence but for me IR (Intrarectal = Plugged) is definitely the way to go with morphine. I get prescribed MST Continus 30mg and Sevredol 10mg IR and I usually grind up 3 x 30mg and 3 x 10mg and plug them with 3ml of water and within half an hour I am feeling the effects and within an hour I am nodding.

I find that crushing MST Continus does not entirely negate the sustained-release effect, however. MST Continus is a NAPP UK brand which I believe to be very similar to MS Contin that my American counterparts use.

Back in the day I used to be able to feel Sevredol IR orally! But tolerance has plenty stolen that away from me. I never use morphine orally as it's such a waste. Plugging is definitely the way to go with morphine pills.

I found a study that found the mean rectal bioavailability of morphine was 31% but I believe it is higher than that in my experience.

Well, perhaps your rectum is somehow more absorbant than the rest of the world's.....=D

actually hydromorphone is a derivative of theibane spelling? witch hydrocodone comes from. morphine is just morphine, or heroin. most opiates are derived from theibine, again spelling.