• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids plugging mscontin (morphine sulfate) what is the bioavailability?

enoughorangejuice?

Bluelighter
hello all,
i read in the bioavailability thread that morphine oral has around a ~30% BA and rectal is around the same. in my experience with liquid morphine i can say that rectally taking liquid morphine is at least twice as strong as oral. i just started getting mscontin pills and plugging them is not as good as plugging liquid morphine for whatever reason but it is still much better than taking them orally. does anyone know the true BA for rectal morphine? i'd have to guess its around 50-60% if not higher. you get a rush and a much stronger high than snorting or taking morphine orally. anyone have similar experiences?

BA:

oral ~30%
rectal ~60%
insuffilated ~25%
IV/IM ~100%

that is the BA chart i'd guess is the most accurate. i dont think plugging is only 5% higher BA than oral.

Last edited:
I don't have actual experience plugging morphine, but I think, in general, that plugging in general has the highest bioavailability next to IV administration.

yeah i agree i just dont understand why the BA listed on the thread about BA's is only 30-35% when IME it feels more like 50-70%

enema before shafting, and you will be good
and yeah its much higher than 30%, obviously

I imagine, and excuse my ignorance, but the BA megathread has reputable quantifiable sources for it's information. I'm pretty sure that was a requirement for said information to be put in the thread.

I'm not trying to be rude, I hate seeing posts shot down, but if I'm understanding right somebody has already done this in a medical setting, checked blood plasma levels and determined (with repeatability/precision) rectal bioavailability of morphine to be about the same as oral ingestion.

still, 80% of the ride is subjective, so enjoy.

I know on many occasions I read the BA of Morphine rectally taken is no better then BA of morphine orally taken but i too beg to differ on this. I was prescribed morphine MS Contin for pain relief for awhile when I first started on stronger opiates and plugging MS Contin was atleast 25%-50% stronger feeling to me when taken this way. SO I completely agree with you on this and it's out of months of personal trial and error, not just medical statistics.

I've been switched over to Hydromorphone instant release now in the form of 6 4mg doses a day. I plug these doses as well now & even though it's a morphine derivative & has the same respective BA issues I feel plugging it "enema" style with a little bit of water and a needless syringe is by the far the most effective ROA to take it.

So I feel despite the numbers rectal administration of morphine and morphine derivatives are still higher when taken this route.

When plugging morphine is there a certain amount of water you should use, or does it matter?

Im thinking of switching to plugging my Novopharm Extended release morphine since I am being weened down,I need to get off the needle.I think it will be my best bet,because I think I would experience withdrawal if I ate them,as I've been IV'ing them since I was at 600 mg's a day,and Im at half that now(IV the whole time,and yes I use wheel filters)

And I too prefer Morphine too Oxycodone...Oxycodone/Contin is completely overrated and weak compared to IV morphine.
But yeah....So from personal experience you guys feel the rectal b/a must be higher then oral because of increased effects?or could this just be from faster onset?Kinda how Oxy has a higher oral b/a then nasal,but snorting comes on much faster so therefore seems stronger.

i find plugging morphine is twice as strong as taking it orally and hits faster.. but the highest BA is IV..99%

idk ontario... w/ er tabs you should have longer relief from tha wd's. youll crave tha needle regardless so there isnt any sense in plugging since no matter the means you ingest it just cant compare

Yeah the ones I inject dont seem to get as "Syrupy" as the name brand MS Contin,but they do gel,running it through a wheel filter takes care of it.

I believe the BA is around 90% IR. MScontin was my first true drug love and addiction, I clearly remember the first day dosing 70mg rectally and as soon as I got out of the bathroom I was already nodding QUITE hard.

I was around 14 when I started, and within a year and a half , had gone up to 1500+mgs a day. Funny thing about IR admin, at least IMO, is that the dose seems to "stick around" longer and gets slowly dissipated over the course of 3 days. I remember being able to dose 1.5g and being VERY high for 3 days, and not experiencing any withdrawal symptoms.

Worst effect was the destruction of my memory. Morphine is one of the worst drugs for your memory. I was in a state of snapshots it seemed, as I had NO memory for a good few months. Would forget I went to the bathroom , etc.

For the ethex waxy pills that can't be IV'd, plugging is the BEST way to use them. Just be sure to use hot water to melt down the wax, and use a good amount of water too. More water = more surface area.

I've graduated to banging those beautiful PF 100 pills. Rush as strong as 2 good packs of heroin , but not as heavy as a high. Fun!

-lenses

I shoot 1 and a half Roxi 30's up my butt every couple days! Even since I tried it for the first time I can't not take them rectally, oral is just a waste to me.

am I wrong or is MScontin a time release version of oxycontin and the drug is in a form that you can grind it down and it does not release active component???it just releases slowly in your system.... I would guess ass might be better than throuat... butt....geeze....at the point I consider the option of jamming shit in my arm or ass .....thats they day I would look for help.....man ....no buzz is worth shoving it in your ass...

This isn't a place to judge other people man,and it doesn't matter how a drug gets in your system,you're still ingesting the drug.

This isn't a place to judge other people man,and it doesn't matter how a drug gets in your system,you're still ingesting the drug.
ok... I will not judge ...but I remember that the MSContin first came out people tried to break the active component out of the coating it is in... I took it...never in the ass ..butt ......everything that was posted then was that there is amount of crushing or soaking that will help realease the dope...so shoot it swallow or rectal....its still the coating on the active component of drug that slows the buzz.....sure ass is better than oral... but at what cost ???? thats all I am sayin...MS is great for pain control and not so good for hardcore party ....and needless to say......it was the hardest drug I ever quit...it nearly ripped my ass out when I quit...sorry for the pun... but is was that bad.....cocaine was a cakewalk to quit .....

well,You can beat the time release,but not fully,I usually let mine sit in water with a little pinch of vitamin C powder to help release the morphine,(trying to mimic the stomach),then I draw through a cotton,then push back through with a micron filter.When I shoot 200 mg's prepped this way I get mad pins and needles and my face gets very red.

Im pretty sure Im beating the time release somewhat....and Im sure the same would go for plugging.And another thing is,people think MS Contin is shitty,so when they properly prep it for injection,they greatly overestimate their dose and OD(I've seen it happen)

I know on many occasions I read the BA of Morphine rectally taken is no better then BA of morphine orally taken but i too beg to differ on this. I was prescribed morphine MS Contin for pain relief for awhile when I first started on stronger opiates and plugging MS Contin was atleast 25%-50% stronger feeling to me when taken this way. SO I completely agree with you on this and it's out of months of personal trial and error, not just medical statistics.

I've been switched over to Hydromorphone instant release now in the form of 6 4mg doses a day. I plug these doses as well now & even though it's a morphine derivative & has the same respective BA issues I feel plugging it "enema" style with a little bit of water and a needless syringe is by the far the most effective ROA to take it.

So I feel despite the numbers rectal administration of morphine and morphine derivatives are still higher when taken this route.

What is wrong with you medically that you have to take dilaudid?

ms-contin 200mg and dilauted 4mg

I had back surgery in feb 2010 and was doin fine til 6 months later my fusion became inflamed I am now on ms-contin 200mg twice daily and also dilauted 4mg once every 4-6 hours I usually chew the morphine and plug the hydromorphone as the ms contin does not disolve very well do to the wax I'm glad to have the dr. That I have!! I also take mg of xanax per day 30 mg of valume and 30mg of temazepam the nurse at the hosp. Said I shouldn't be alive/breathing ...lol