• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids plugging mscontin (morphine sulfate) what is the bioavailability?

I have tried 200 mg of MS Contin in an aqueous suspension several times up the rear and found I felt no difference from the same dose taken orally. I know the reasons why plugging should work better, avoiding the stomach acids and all but for me there is no difference. I do get better oral results by breaking an MS Contin into smaller chunks but not all the way down to a fine powder. I believe retaining some of the protection from the digestive juices works better than fine powder immediately exposed to digestive juices. The same gel content is going to effectively block most snorted powdered MS Contin and not worth wasting the pills that way.
I have been on 200 mg of MS Contin +30 mg diazapam, 30 mg of hydrocodone/775mg APAP + 1050 mg Carisoprodol + 45 mg mirtazapine per day for many years.
I definitely have a tolerance to opiates and benzodiazapines but I expected to notice a difference when plugging the MS Contin. No such luck.
The coating on an MS Contin doesn't matter much as even when it has all been removed they still congeal.

I believe expectations play a huge role in the subjective drug experience. I tend to be coldly analytical so it is impossible for me to derive any placebo effects from any drugs.
Back in my psychedelic days, mind set and physical surroundings played an enormous role in the drug experience.
I don't find that as true with stimulants like Crystal meth and cocaine and opiates. Either they work as they should or they do not.

How did you prep the 200mg of morphine for rectal administration? How much water did you use? It makes all the difference.

I certainly get much better effects from rectal morphine than I do oral morphine, I use this method to prepare the shot.

How did you prep the 200mg of morphine for rectal administration? How much water did you use? It makes all the difference.

I certainly get much better effects from rectal morphine than I do oral morphine, I use this method to prepare the shot.

I used an oral syringe and about 10 ml of H2O.

What did you use for the source of morphine? Morphine Sulphate Extended Release tablets? If so, did you allow it to soak for 8-12 hours in cool water to allow the time release to release all the morphine?

Tricomb,
Thanks for the link.
I will give it a try and allow the recommended time for the morphine sulfate to dissolve into the water.
I just crushed then mixed with water and used a suspension. It may be that I did not free up enough morphine to make any difference between routes of administration.

You absolutely must allow the suspension to soak for 8-12 hours (aka, overnight, for best results prep it at night so it'll be ready to go by morning) it's the most important part.

Be careful, it might surprise you with it's potency.

Thanks for your advice.
Not long ago my pharmacy changed suppliers of generic MS Contin from tiny blue 100 mg Morphine sulfate to a larger pill almost 10 times more massive.
I'll crush 4 of these new big tabs, allow to soak the powdered pills at least 12 hours then test half the solution.
The worst that can happen is no improvement and drinking the rest when it's time for the next dose.

I crushed the 4 X 100 mg generic MS Contins and left it in about 40 cc of H2).
Placed it in the 'frige and ordered a box of 10 ml oral syringes. The morphine sulfate should be well dissolved by the time the syringes arrive in a few more days.
I do think I will start at no more than about 100 mg worth of the solution first to be cautious. I may find it is much more effective this time.
Have to get back to report.

I would have used four different containers for each pill, but you're using a ton of water and big syringes so it probably won't matter.

How big is your tolerance anyways? Just in case you get twice the bioavailability as oral, say 60% from 30%, can you handle taking 200mg instant release morphine by mouth?

actually hydromorphone is a derivative of theibane spelling? witch hydrocodone comes from. morphine is just morphine, or heroin. most opiates are derived from theibine, again spelling.

I'm pretty sure that all of this is incorrect.

iirc: hydromorphone is from morphine, hydrocodone is from codeine (and thebaine?), morphine is simply morphine, and heroin is heroin, not moprhine.

as for morphine itself: i remember reading BOAs of morphine vary wildly, and rectal can be anywhere from ~25%~75% with a mean ~30%. Correct me if im wrong?

i used to love morphine i believe for these reasons. i think mine was closer to the upper end of the spectrum

Last edited:
I would have used four different containers for each pill, but you're using a ton of water and big syringes so it probably won't matter.

How big is your tolerance anyways? Just in case you get twice the bioavailability as oral, say 60% from 30%, can you handle taking 200mg instant release morphine by mouth?

I've been on 200 mg of MS Contin + 4 X 10/325 mg hydro/APAP + 3 X 3-350 mg carisoprodol + 4 X 10 mg diazapam per day for over six years. The most MS Contin I've taken has been 600 mg/day in 2 divided doses.
I can double down on the morphine and not derive more pain relief. Doubling on hydro/APAP is more noticeable but I do not want the excess acetaminophen.
The morphine and most other strong opiates like Duragesic 100 mike patches tend to act more like caffeine on me. Therefore I avoid taking it later in the day.
I have been only using 1 to 2 100mg MS Contin recently since more hasn't had the desired results. I don't seem to feel any worse with the diminished doses but I wouldn't tell my doc about this. Never know when more might come in handy so building up a stash is OK.
My tolerance flexibility is one reason I am planning to experiment with the other route.
I'd like to feel "warm and floaty" for a change. I can easily tolerate an 80 mg Oxy via IV but I don't want to mess around with needles again.

Yeah I get the same caffeinated feeling from certain opioids in the evening.

I'm pretty sure that all of this is incorrect.

iirc: hydromorphone is from morphine, hydrocodone is from codeine (and thebaine?), morphine is simply morphine, and heroin is heroin, not moprhine.

as for morphine itself: i remember reading BOAs of morphine vary wildly, and rectal can be anywhere from ~25%~75% with a mean ~30%. Correct me if im wrong?

i used to love morphine i believe for these reasons. i think mine was closer to the upper end of the spectrum

All opiates are derived from Opium. I had a big discussion with my Doc about it recently. It doesn't matter whether you take Codeine, Morphine or Heroin they all work in the same way. It is all converted to Morphine inside the body. The reason I had this chat was that I wasn't keen on going back onto Morphine instead of Codeine for pain relief, as my Doc explained I was effectively already on Morphine. Your body will make no distinction in terms of withdrawal or dependence between any opiate. However if you're not taking them for pain and are taking them instead to get high then different Opiates and doses will have different effects.

dont be a dick man. some people cant spell good. like someone said earlier this is not a sight to judge or be a smart ass . its for info. damn. its cool tomacino. pharmaceutical names are hard to spell!

All opiates are derived from Opium. I had a big discussion with my Doc about it recently. It doesn't matter whether you take Codeine, Morphine or Heroin they all work in the same way. It is all converted to Morphine inside the body. The reason I had this chat was that I wasn't keen on going back onto Morphine instead of Codeine for pain relief, as my Doc explained I was effectively already on Morphine. Your body will make no distinction in terms of withdrawal or dependence between any opiate. However if you're not taking them for pain and are taking them instead to get high then different Opiates and doses will have different effects.

The first half of your explanation is somewhat correct, except that "opioids' (half the controlled analgesics prescribed for severe pain) do not work in the same manner...

I personaly feel that plugged morphine is very over rated and its bio is no higher than oral. I get 30mg and 100mg ms contin and 10mg instant relase tablets and find even if i take my whole daily dose plugged in one go 300mg im kinda left feeling dissapointed and that it was nothing but a waste of tablets. what is the optimum amount of water supposed to be for 300mg ??? I had been using around 5-8ml for 300mg :( oral feels better to me for some reason :/

Well 170mg just then and absolutely fuck all ? WHERE AM I GOING WRONG IF ITS SUPPOSED TO AROUND 60% twice that of oral ????? Dont understand it one bitand no i dont think it has anything to do with the time released binders as i have even tried high doses with instant release tablets. Does the chalk need to be filtered out before plugging . Ahhhhh its so frustrating that others get lots of it but i get fuck all. :( wonder if my doc would change me to oral diamorphine tablets instead of morphine , probably wishfull thinking :(

Plugging is supposed to provide 60-90% because it bypasses the first pass through the liver which destroys about half of the drug. If it has a coating though i'd get that off first.