• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids fentanyl patch 50mcg

enoughorangejuice?

Bluelighter
hello,
i have one 50mcg/hr fentanyl patch (mylan). i have a decent opiate tolerance. takes 200mg of morphine to get me buzzed or 60-80mg of oxycodone. i have been taking less oxycodone lately maybe 30mg 2-3x a day. i am very scared to take the fentanyl because i dont want to OD or anything, can it be cut into quarters and applied to the arm if i only want to take 12.5mcg/hr? or will it be released all at once if i do that?

Hey EOJ, where ya been?
I wouldn't think a half a patch would be too much given a 200mg morphine dose for a buzz. the patches don't give a rush, so there's no real loss in starting at 12.5mcg/hr and moving up from there. It's always good to approach fent carefully though

can it be cut into quarters and then applied to the arm? will it be 12.5mcg or will it all be released at once if i cut it? and how long does it take to kick in?

DO NOT cut the patch!! Depending on the type of patch you have, it could release the medicine all at once and cause an overdose.

I don't know too much about equivalencies, so I'll let someone else answer that, but I've been on a 50 mcg patch and didn't feel a thing. It was prescribed for post surgery pain and I think I'm somewhat, but not too opiod tolerant, if that makes a difference.

the patch doesnt have any gel in it its a mylan generic patch so i'm not sure if it would release all the medicine at once or not but if i had to guess i'd say it wouldnt but i'm not gonna try til someone who knows for sure lets me know.

oops, sorry i skipped over the identification. if it's a matrix, you should be okay, but you're right, it's probably smart to wait for confirmation from someone who's actually done it.

good luck :)

it looks like this:

fentanyl+patch1.jpg

MYN91220_106758_5.JPG

does anyone agree with this conversion chart? it found in the PI sheet with fentanyl.

Brant_tab_2.gif

i took 200mg of morphine (mscontin) today. chewed it up so it would be released all at once and according to the chart i could take 50-75mcg/hr of fentanyl

here is another chart which i'd like to know if its accurate.

fentcomp.jpg

i can't confirm the veracity of those conversion charts, but i can tell you that they are referring to a daily dose, so if you're looking at the 200 mg oral conversion, it's probably broken up into multiple doses, like 50 mg four times a day, for example. so if you can handle a one time dose of 200 mg of morphine, the 50 mcg of fentanyl is most likely an underdose comparatively. of course different meds can affect you differently, but going just by those charts, you should be more than fine.

i had that exact patch, and for me, it made me feel the least out of all the drugs i've ever taken. aside from slight pain relief, i couldn't even tell i had it on. it's different for different people, so i hope it gives you a good high, but i don't want you to be too disappointed if it doesn't...

Last edited:
wow, someone out there is in the bottom of that chart... I truly feel sorry for anyone who has to really deal with pain that severe. Even being someone who likes to get high, I think I would be a little worried for my health if i was taking 1,035-1,124mg of morphine orally daily... Jesus lord the withdrawls from that kinda regimen would rip my skin off....

Yeah I was on the 50 mcg Mylan patches (sometimes sandoz and watson) but usually just mylan 50mcg's for about 8 months before I bumped up to the 100 mcg's and then just got off of Fentanyl all together in favor of taking a shorter acting strong opiate more frequently throughout the day. You can cut these into 1/4 pieces if you like and try to wear the, but i'll bet my house on it that your going to be disappointed and not feel anything. Fentanyl is a tricky drug, I know from being on it for so long and being an opiate user before I was a chronic pain pateint that I was rather baffled by fentanyl. It's a GREAT analgesic pain killer. It had no real high or rush for me at all. It just killed pain. Which is great when your a pain patients because this allowed me to easily work & not feel like I was on cloud 9 all day.

Plus I never had to worry about what time it was and if I needed to take my pills. I didn't have to carry large bottles of pills around with me either. In the sens of your case though where you are looking for a buzz it's probably not going to do much for you really. If you put it on your skin to wear it, it's going to be at the very LEAST 12 hours till it starts working but in my experience it takes atleast 24hours or more, especially when your a new patient starting on the patches before you will even feel any kind of pain relief. It comes on so gently as well that you won't notice yourself "getting high" at all. If you do have some type of painful nagging condition though you will notice that starting to greatly diminish though which is a blessing.

The only real way I found to "abuse" these and feel any type of pronounced effects though was to cut it into to 1/4's or maybe even 1/8's in your case and place the thin strip of plastic between your gum line on your teeth and your cheek. Let it sit there for 20+ min and bucally absorb. You will start to feel the opiate effects of the Fentany this way as more medicine is released than normally wearing them due to the temperatures in your mouth being so much higher. If it starts to feel overwhelming remove the strip from your mouth and save it.

Im in NO WAY saying this is safe though, especially for someone who does not take Fentanyl. I've found myself while ON fentanyl for a long time and very tolerant to it, nodding out and falling asleep with the strips in my mouth without any knowledge of doing so. Id be wide awake and fine and the fentanyl would just get released so rapidly into my gums that i'd get really cloudy really fast and fall asleep. Never felt high or aything just instant nodding out and sleep.

This is why I tell people all the time that YES fentanyl is strong and YES it can kill you but it doesnt mean it has some crazy pleasurable opiate high or some amazing rush or euhporia because it actually simply does not. Fentanyl feels very hollow as an opiate and substance. Maybe because its just so synthetic, but Fentanyl has no "soul" as an opiate and i've said it so many times.

Be safe, if you have anymore questions on it or want to talk some more, feel free to PM me anytime you want. I had a prescription for those close to a year & just about a month and a half ago I discontinued them to switch to a different opiate for pain control.

fentanyl

I used to abuse patches whenever I could find them,They are my favorite prescription opiate (but I could rarely find them so when I did I bought al I could).This stuff is very dangerous!! From what I hear per gram it is 50 times stronger then good heroin(could be hearsay) Anyways what I would do with the matrix patches is cut them into about 1/8 s and chew the platicky rubbery shit for 20 - 30 mins and I would usually get really high,This is one of the only opiate that makes me nod.Start with small pieces and wait for the effects if they dont come chew a little more.Remember you can always do more but you can't do less.The ones with gel are even better,We would pierce a smalll hole and lick little globs of it,you can also put it on blunts.Hope this helps,bringin back some good good memories.

enoughoj? did you end up cutting it up and using it? how'd it go? i have a 25mcg hr patch i wanna use.

^if theyre the matrix patches like pictured then you will have no problems cutting a section of the patch and applying it. i'm prescribed durogesics and have given a small section for my mate to wear and use sublingually and it's worked with no problems. you'll run into problems if theyre the duragesics with the gel reservoir, they can't be cut into sections.

i ended up returning it and grabbed some mscontins instead. i didnt think the fent would be much fun so i got some morphine instead.

i ended up returning it and grabbed some mscontins instead. i didnt think the fent would be much fun so i got some morphine instead.

Honestly as long as it high enough dosage MS Contins you definitely made the right and SAFER choice. I think you will be much happier with your purchase of the MS Contins.

heh i would of kept the fentanyl. heres some advice tho, ALWAYS GET WATSON OR SANDOZ BRAND. NEVER, AND I MEAN NEVER GET A NON GEL PATCH. THEY ARE FUCKIN GARBAGE.. ALL WALGREENS CARRY WATSON, A LOCAL SMALL PHARMACY WILL ORDER SANDOZ FOR YOU. I PREFER THE WATSON, THEY PACK A PUNCH AND ARE BY FAR THE STRONGEST (WHEN ABUSED). ALSO, MAKE SURE YOU DONT SMOKE IT. SMOKING THEM SUCKS THE BIG ONE, U LOSE OUT ON A LONG HIGH, AND IT WILL BE GONE IN MINUTES

Yeah that comparison chart seems just about right. I was going to come in an say that 50mcg/h is pretty close to about 80mg of oxycodone. A couple times I remember using a 100mcg/h patch when I had a tolerance of about 180mg of oxycodone and I woke up the next day with a huge headache which I attributed to oxygen deprivation. and not only that but my blood had pooled in my feet. Just take it easy. I know you are pretty well informed but if you decide to get out the heat-pads and crank up the rate of diffusion I would at least inform somebody nearby that could help you out if you accidentally nod out with the patch still on.

Tee hee!

You made a wise choice. While I doubt you would take a header into the ER from irresponsible fent use, it is quite difficult to judge fentanyl because in my opinion while it may be very "noddy" it lacks that distinct morphinan euphoria inherent in most of the opioid pills available and people can dose until they pass out and potentially be screwed because they still have the patch on.

Last edited:
O shit, ive woken up a few times with a nasty headache. I always thought it was oxygen depravation. Guess its confirmed now. Wow,that means we were close to the end. Shiiitt

O shit, ive woken up a few times with a nasty headache. I always thought it was oxygen depravation. Guess its confirmed now. Wow,that means we were close to the end. Shiiitt

Did you get the blood pooling byproduct like I did? I swear it was absolute hell to walk around for the next 45m after waking up even with a shitload of fentanyl still in me, though I am not sure if fentanyl affects me anymore. :!

Hello ER/ICU from opioid overdose buddy! o/\o %)