• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does smoking weed give you pimples?

its crazy man..before i started to smoke weed i used to break out all the time..but once i started i felt that i woudlnt break out that often until it finally stoped..it may be that i got out od puberty(i am now 20,and i had pimples since about 17)..recently i soped smoking and i have breaked out a couple of times..weird

chemical imbalance would......
and lots of wiz.....
sounds like you need a new stash

The lifestyle commonly associated with stoners can lead to breakouts...on TV they are usually shown to have pretty terrible hygiene. I've been a daily smoker for 5 years (I'm 22) but also shower daily, wash my face regularly, wash my hands often, and keep my bed sheets clean. Those are some ways to keep your skin healthy, because I have keratosis pilaris so I'm sure to keep that from flaring up.

However, smoking cigs definitely decreases the quality of your skin, as longterm smoking ANY substance can do, so maybe you could argue it in that sense...but that would be after many years of abuse, and even then, I don't have any sources or know if pot can do this for sure? Just my guess because of cigs.

yeah not a fan of wiz....i have had mild acne for a couple of years now, probably could of been gone if i washed/medicated it properly, but most of the time before i do wash my face i have already fallen asleep watching tv after a sesh, and its my mother who uses the "smoking dope makes your skin worse and gives you more break outs". of course first thought was, thats just a typical mum scare tactic, but wanted to know if there was any truth behind it...personally i havnt really found a difference in my skin when im smoking or im not, more so if i have been too lazy to clean it properly etc. Thanks for the input guys much appreciated :)

before i started smoking i would always break out and get pimples... but after smoking every day my face is clear as hell and my complexion is way better.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Acne-Program---Step-5---Food-to-Stop-Eating&id=33164
http://www.naturalnews.com/012860.html

(second one is credible)

there's a reason acne didn't always exist. wanna know why? cause processed junk food hasn't always existed.

some people are susceptible to acne, some people aren't. to those that are, having a dirty face will not help, but it won't cause acne to anywhere near the same extent as dairy and food products will. humans aren't meant to eat cooked/wheat/dairy/... foods - they aren't natural.

the easiest way to look at it, is ask why very rarely do 3rd world denizens have acne. you are what you eat.

/rant

http://ezinearticles.com/?Acne-Program---Step-5---Food-to-Stop-Eating&id=33164 said:
Milk, ice cream, hard cheeses - these foods cause allergies

Uhm, what?

http://www.naturalnews.com/012860.html said:
"Foods containing trans-fatty acids, such as milk, milk products, margarine, shortening and other synthetically hydrogenated vegetable oils, as well as fried foods, must be avoided."

Milk and milk products do not have trans fatty acids.

http://www.naturalnews.com/012860.html said:
"The common ingredient found in the native diets of Italians, Koreans, Japanese and Eskimos is thin oils – olive oils, fish oils, peanut and vegetable oils – while we Americans eat heavier fats, which are found in milk, cheese and ice cream as well as in bacon, ham and pork, and lard used in many fried foods." Hoehn also points out that Italians living in Italy – not those residing in the United States – have "beautiful" complexions, largely because they consume diets rich in healthy oils and low in unhealthy fats. The same goes for native Koreans, Japanese and Eskimos. However, when these people move to America, they – along with their descendants – develop acne just like Americans.

I would like to see a citation for this. It would be interesting if true.

mmackie908 said:
there's a reason acne didn't always exist.

{{citation needed}}

mmackie908 said:
humans aren't meant to eat cooked/wheat/dairy/... foods - they aren't natural.

Cooking, wheat, and dairy are unnatural?

mmackie908 said:
the easiest way to look at it, is ask why very rarely do 3rd world denizens have acne.

{{citation needed}}

Yes, processed food is unhealthy and should not be eaten. But do not propagate unsupported crap about it.

I have never heard of or observed anyone getting acne from smoking cannabis. Since cannabis is anti-inflammatory, it is reasonable to hypothesize that it might help acne, but I do not think this has ever been studied. Cannabinoids dissolved in jojoba oil might make a good skin conditioner...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/health/2004009923_webdietacne13.html
(acne is commonly called a westernized disease...)
http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/article_878.shtml
(talks about the cooking of foods)

Dairy is milk made for a cow's young. There's thousands of sources pointing to the unnaturalness of cow's milk; let www.notmilk.com help you with that.

I'm sorry if I seem like a nazi about this, but the entire reason I breakout is because of what I eat, and I don't like misinformation. Cutting down on processed foods and especially milk got rid of my acne(mostly - I still binge, and generally if I'm high, fast food it is), and I ha(d) pretty severe acne.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/health/2004009923_webdietacne13.html
(acne is commonly called a westernized disease...)
http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/article_878.shtml
(talks about the cooking of foods)

Dairy is milk made for a cow's young. There's thousands of sources pointing to the unnaturalness of cow's milk; let www.notmilk.com help you with that.

I'm sorry if I seem like a nazi about this, but the entire reason I breakout is because of what I eat, and I don't like misinformation. Cutting down on processed foods and especially milk got rid of my acne(mostly - I still binge, and generally if I'm high, fast food it is), and I ha(d) pretty severe acne.

I drink milk almost every day and I don't have acne problems....

Then again, I also wash my face twice a day with that clearasil foam stuff.

Solution: Keep your facial skin clean and you probably won't have many pimples, regardless of what you eat.

LOL the milk thing is so overplayed, people having been arguing about this for years. The fact of the matter is that it deals either with mucus or lactose intolerance. Everyone is different and milk affects them differently depending on their genetics, so trying to make broad statements is kind of silly.

Fact: diet plays a factor in acne growth. The degree of this varies per person.

To answer the original poster, no it does not directly affect acne but the side effects such as eating shitty food, rubbing your eyes/face, hotboxing in a enclosed car frequently or smoking frequently in a dry environment can all contribute.

yeah mate got herpes off this

i doubt that someone would catch herpes from a bong, as it goes around the mouth and rarely contacts saliva. I think it is much more feasible that he got them from a roach, or a pipe, or a dirty slut than a bong..... :|

no way it causes acne. maybe gettin the munchies and hittin up McDonalds or some fast food joint and munchin out on tasty greasy food may give you some pimples and shit. but just smoking the herbs. no way

Any drugs you take, reduces the natural action of your defense system.

Also depending on what other drugs the person is taking at the times, as well as alcohol or nicotine in addition, as well as bad diet and sugary foods can add to the weight of toxins in your system.

It is a good idea to come off marijuana every so often to allow your system to detoxify, and use extra vitamis and detox supplements. Also a vaporizer is much better than actually lighting the weed because a vaporizer only heats the weed to a very high temperature, thus creating vapors for you to inhale, which is much better for the lungs as well.

Smoking pot increases levels of testosterone in the body which can increase androgen levels.
If you are already sensitive to these extra hormones you may break out after smoking pot. The reason though that many pot smokers have beautiful skin is that they might not react like you do to certain hormones-they probably wouldn't get acne ever.

While using marijuana you propably eat slack foods and sugar, and this causes further decline on your defence system. If you have infections, or liver problems (ie. hepatitis etc), marijuana can cause problems interfering with the liver's detoxification action-acne and rashes could be the result.

Drug toxin elimination can express itself in a series of rashes as they leave the body through the skin. Drug detoxification can be a lengthy process, but juicing and a diet high in fruits and green leafy vegetables and bitter-greens aid it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drug Toxins

One of the largest sources of body toxins is the prescription drugs people take to supposedly fight disease. Medicinal drugs are very strong--they have to be to overcome the body's natural defense system. When such drugs are taken, they must either be eliminated from the body or stored within for later elimination. When drugs are discontinued, the old toxins may enter the bloodstream for elimination.

The circulation of these old drug toxins in the system may produce bewildering symptoms that can be alarming. As drugs leave the body, you can taste them in your mouth. Every drug used, whether legal or illegal, leaves its mark upon the body. As the body regains health, the drug deposits are put into circulation for elimination. Old drugs that were taken, even many years ago, may reappear in the bloodstream as they leave fat tissue and the organs.

Since a combination of past drug deposits may enter the bloodstream at once, disconcerting symptoms may arise. Drug toxin elimination may express itself in a series of rashes as they leave the body throug
h the skin. Drug detoxification can be a lengthy process, but juicing and a diet high in fruits and green leafy vegetables and bitter-greens aid it.

Caffeine, Nicotine, Marijuana, Heroin, Speed, Cocaine Detox

Heavy smokers, coffee drinkers and drug users may experience similar symptoms when they withdraw from their drug. Nervous irritability and emotional outbreaks are common symptoms of these drug addicts when they are detoxifying. Nicotine and caffeine damage the nervous system and upset the vascular system, so symptoms such as headaches, edginess, extreme lassitude or mental cloudiness (feeling spaced out) are expected.

Such symptoms from these drugs usually lessen after three to ten days. Similar effects could also be experienced from marijuana, heroin, opium, speed, cocaine and other drugs. The symptoms will vary depending on the degree of addiction and the strength of the persons body. Detoxifying the body from these substances is best done under the supervision of a qualified health practitioner.

http://www.nytimes.com/1981/07/25/u...to-a-fluctuation-in-sex-drive.html?sec=health

Three researchers from the University of Texas suggested that tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, marijuana's active ingredient, may affect male sexual activity in two phases. In animal tests, they found that it first raises the level of testosterone and other sex hormones but later may lower hormone levels to far below normal.

The researchers measured levels of blood testosterone and luteinizing hormone, or LH, which stimulates testosterone production, within the first hour after feeding liquid THC to mice. They found that the testosterone level in all the mice jumped almost immediately to about six times its normal amount. Moreover, mice receiving low doses of the drug maintained the high testosterone levels for the entire hour; those receiving much higher doses showed drastic drops in testosterone after 20 minutes to levels considerably below those of mice in the control group.

In person smoking marijuana, the THC enters the bloodstream very rapidly. The almost instant effect of the drug on the testes, as shown in this study, seemed to account for the dramatic reports of sexual arousal during and after smoking.

In normal sexual stimulation, it takes about 20 minutes for the luteinizing hormone to be produced, then travel from the pituitary to the testes, where it helps produce testosterone; in about the same amount of time the testosterone then enters the bloodstream and makes the trip back to the pituitary.

This feedback system automatically shuts down when the brain senses an adequate level of sex hormone has been reached. Heavy doses of THC disrupt the normal flow in this hormonal loop by triggering LH and testosterone production at the same time. This appears to cause a shutdown that sends hormonal levels falling 20 minutes after the drug is administered. No such testosterone drop was seen among mice that received low doses.

Diet, a bad one filled with tons of refined carbs and sugars, may not directly cause acne, but it can certainly contribute to the conditions that cause it. When I cut out all the crap I was eating, my skin(which had been horrible for years) became extremely clear and has remained so for over a year.

http://books.google.com/books?id=KD...rpZ0I&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=10

This is about as good as it gets regarding science/acne/nutrition/etc...read this if you have acne. Reading this a few years ago saved my self-esteem/confidence...

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-Acne-condensed-han-t230714.html#

This link is also extremely helpful...

Last edited:
Try to remember to wash yourself after you smoke, and to also watch the food you eat.. junk food containing MSG and fatty acids are not good for your skin.