• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids (Gabapentin) withdrawal, any advice?

Nobody said anything would be easy. GWBH, I had the weird dreams and some withdrawal from the cannabinoids. Not sure how we got here, but facing adversity from your brain adjusting back to normal, is a great time to look at the bright side. How is this? It is all subjective. Your mileage may vary. It may not help you, but it's worth a shot.

Nobody said anything would be easy. GWBH, I had the weird dreams and some withdrawal from the cannabinoids. Not sure how we got here, but facing adversity from your brain adjusting back to normal, is a great time to look at the bright side. How is this? It is all subjective. Your mileage may vary. It may not help you, but it's worth a shot.

I never implied you guys were saying it wouldn't be easy. I was just quoting him saying that month long withdrawals were likely due to negative thoughts.

Very interesting. Blue comet I have read your posts on numerous different forums and I can say I really feel for you. I am so sorry you are in this living hell. Be assured that the brain is a miraculous organ and had an amazing capacity to heal. This is gonna take great resolve tand patience. One thing that helped me was to just push through the waves of anger, depressing thoughts and anxiety by staying busy and I actually felt myself break through.

Last edited:
That 4th day thing must be common with gabapentinoids: my severe, forced withdrawals from baclofen all three times never occurred until four days after cessation.

And the kindling effect isn't really anecdotal; it's supported by scientific and pharmacological fact: the activation of t-type calcium channels causes excitation and neuronal depolarizations via release norepinephrine and glutamate, and it can inhibit GABA release at certain dosages.

I have gotten this too. I've taken a dose of gabapentin, as well as smoked weed, drank alcohol, and took opiates, all to try to alleviate my symptoms. It never really worked and then I would feel kind of shitty for a few days until the 4th day when everything went to hell.

Very interesting. Blue comet I have read your posts on numerous different forums and I can say I really feel for you. I am so sorry you are in this living hell. Be assured that the brain is a miraculous organ and had an amazing capacity to heal. This is gonna take great resolve tand patience. One thing that helped me was to just push through the waves of anger, depressing thoughts and anxiety by staying busy and I actually felt myself break through.

Appreciate the kind words, bro. I'd be lying if I said this wasn't hard, but I guess I don't have a choice except to keep going.

I'm not saying its in anyone's head I'm saying the attitude and health speeds the healing

^Alright , sorry. I wasn't trying to be argumentative. But you said that people who have month long withdrawals most likely have negative thoughts. But withdrawals can last for months. Especially with cannabinoids.

Maybe try look at what I wrote as a whole and not taking some little detail and spinning it into your own truth. There are so many factors involved but in essence good positive emotions will result in more positive brain chemistry. My brain chemistry has been screwed up a bunch of times due to sitting around at home. No sun, no exercise. I had pain, depression, apathy. As soon as I make changes in my life my brain rebalnces quite quickly. Now imagine your brain during withdrawal combined with a shitty life of isolation, no sun and exercise. Negative thoughts. It will take forever to get better and may take years instead of weeks and months...of course this isn't the same for everyone but in the end chances are when your set up with an environment that boosts brain chemistry your withdrawals wont last as long.

I did. I didn't twist it around to suit myself and my post. I believe what you are saying and I agree with it completely When I was going through cannabinoid withdrawals I go to this lake every summer and stay at a cottage. I was lying in bed a lot. But when I went outside and explored the woods with my friends or went it the boat - even though the hyperthermia and hyperhidrois (my shirt and hair looked like I had literally dived into the lake, lol) I felt significantly better.

Please don't think I was trying to be manipulate what you said or anything. I'm sorry if things got misconstrued...

It's ok. I wasn't trying to.say it in a harsh way. Mainly too see the big picture. Which you do. It's all good

I agree on all counts. Recovering from ANY chemical dependency must be a proactive process. One can't just sit on their ass and be a hermit and expect to get better expeditiously. When our bodies are injured, we take action to rehabilitate the tendon or muscle or bone or what have you. I have always been a gym rat so I just threw my ass in a wheelbarrow and hauled it to the gym no matter how shitty I felt. A clean diet, high in omegas, protein and devoid of processed foods is important. Give that Brain the materials it needs to repair itself. Get the blood pumping through it. Take megadoses of A good mag supp. Not mag citrate- that's bowel prep. Mag oil on the skin absorbs best. When you loose deep tendon reflexes, back off on the mag (just joking ppl) ?

^This is true. When I went on summer vacation (during my cannabinoid withdrawals) to a lake with my friends a laid in bed a lot, but when I went out, I noticed - despite the increaded, massively uncomfortable physical symptoms - that I felt a lot better, and that, mentally, at least, I felt kind of normal again.

Magnesium glycinate powder is very effective as well. i can personally vouch for it.

I've experienced month long withdrawals with opiates but mostly due to being on suboxone 6 years. I was out of shape too and not getting out enough. A day in the sun would almost eliminate all withdrawals. After a few weeks of acute phase it was more just PAWS. It was mainly physical though.

I've withdrawn from phenibut many times and a few times had good spirits about the whole thing and it only lasted a few days. Another time was pure misery. I def don't think it's as simple as thinking your way out of the withdrawal but it def moves faster and is not as debilitating when your in a good place in life and your not complaining about it and being a victim.

Gabapentin is a strange withdrawal but I find it very hard to believe someone can get year long withdrawals from the drug alone. There must be other factors.

Continuing to tell yourself withdrawals are never ending are more likely to make that happen. Itsounds unbeunbelievable but there's enough proof out there saying how our thoughts can change the way the brain behaves so to not be careful on the belief systems your training yiurslf to believe is probably more dangerous than anyone realizes. There will never be enough science to prove this completely though so it's tough

Derealization from withdrawals can lost a very long time. Maybe symptoms like that is what they were talking about. Sometimes they are permanent.

I ate 25 400mg gabapentin in a 6 hour period. Why cant I control myself with this drug? lol At least I am pretty fucked up. I almost took more a minute ago. Had to talk myself out of it lol.

Wowzers that's a mouthful. Enjoy and smoke down if you can, I always find that it potentiates it rather well.

Wowzers that's a mouthful. Enjoy and smoke down if you can, I always find that it potentiates it rather well.

I wish. I am having to quit weed for awhile so I don't get kicked off methadone maintenance. Alabama really is the worst state to live in the union in case you where wondering. I am trying to get out of here but I need money and a job. Its fucked up.

Blue comet I've noticed your posts a lot because you seem to be suffering the worst on here for how long you took it. Have you tried taking a low dose for a couple days to see if you feel better? Is there anything a doctor can do to help or I'm guessing they don't believe you...