• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Microwaving bud

rollin_stoned

Bluelighter
how effective is this method?

i've tried one method where i microwaved milk for 5 minutes and than put a tablespoon of butter and stirred till it melted than finely ground up the weed and stirred in the butter/milk mixture and drank......did not work (it was a recipe that i was told would work)

ah, i see....i thought by doing that it'd be too hot and destroy the thc (i dont know how hot a microwave gets)

i've tried it a couple times and failed the first few times. finally got it right by doing the following:

you are suppose to keep the bud inside the glass of milk/butter while heating
then you have to make sure buds don't float to the top (thc will evaporate)
microwave/stop/stir/*repeat* every 2 minutes and for 12 minutes
let the glass cool off and drink on empty stomach

i've tried it a couple times and failed the first few times. finally got it right by doing the following:

you are suppose to keep the bud inside the glass of milk/butter while heating
then you have to make sure buds don't float to the top (thc will evaporate)
microwave/stop/stir/*repeat* every 2 minutes and for 12 minutes
let the glass cool off and drink on empty stomach

for this method, would i be able to keep the drink cool for a a day?

like make a large quantity and store it? if so how should i store it?

I would chop the buds up as finely as possible, put some butter and chopped buds in the microwave and melt the butter, then add to mik and mic until its nearly boiling.

I just had an idea, you could make marijuana, home made custard...that would be the bomb...custard is dairy right?

Cannabis custard sounds awesome. Would be nice on a cannabis cake :)

Oh and custard is a dairy product

Last edited:
hmmm.....cannabis ice cream?

tell me if this sounds legit enough to work

get bud....get the milk or cream or whatever you gotta put in there (i've got an ice cream machine just havent used it in years) and make that recipe with the milk, butter, and weed and than continue making the ice cream

i think ima do it

You can give trancetasy's method a try if you'd like.. But personally, I usually always hear mixed results and reviews towards "marijuana milk". I know some people that have made it with great success, but many that are left disappointed and sober.

If your looking for a single dose editable thats a little more proven to work, you may want to give making "firecrackers" a try. Heres a random link I dugg up on how to make them incase you decide to give it a go:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=360484&highlight=Firecrackers

Either-way, good luck and happy baking ;)

^^^ just a question about that first method.

wouldnt it work the same without putting it in the oven, since your just eatin the weed anyways?

You can give trancetasy's method a try if you'd like.. But personally, I usually always hear mixed results and reviews towards "marijuana milk". I know some people that have made it with great success, but many that are left disappointed and sober.

If your looking for a single dose editable thats a little more proven to work, you may want to give making "firecrackers" a try. Heres a random link I dugg up on how to make them incase you decide to give it a go:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=360484&highlight=Firecrackers

Either-way, good luck and happy baking ;)

trust me, i would be doing this, but i live with my parents still and that would make the house reek of weed...hence why i'm asking about the microwave (still might produce a smell but it'd be less of it and microwaving is quicker)

i did the firecracker while my dad was home and he never noticed. i would think the milk would give off a greater smell but maybe im wrong

i did the firecracker while my dad was home and he never noticed. i would think the milk would give off a greater smell but maybe im wrong

hm, interesting....does your dad smoke cigarettes or does your family smoke at all in the house?

just saying because my mom smokes but not in the house and when my dads gone i can smoke in my room with her downstairs (blowing out the window of course) and she doesnt ever come up to my room and ask me if i'm smoking but yet i can smoke outside (without anyone knowing) and come back to my room and my dad (who doesn't smoke) will be all the way across the room and ask if i've been smoking and will say he can smell it.

if i do the firecracker method i might have to do it late at night when everyone's asleep

to rollin stoned:

i dont understand why you need heat to bind the fat to the THC if you are ingesting the plant matter anyways

ya i just went back and checked and that recipe mentions nothin of ever removing the weed after bakin so wouldnt that just be the same as eatin crackers with weed on them?

hm, interesting....does your dad smoke cigarettes or does your family smoke at all in the house?

just saying because my mom smokes but not in the house and when my dads gone i can smoke in my room with her downstairs (blowing out the window of course) and she doesnt ever come up to my room and ask me if i'm smoking but yet i can smoke outside (without anyone knowing) and come back to my room and my dad (who doesn't smoke) will be all the way across the room and ask if i've been smoking and will say he can smell it.

if i do the firecracker method i might have to do it late at night when everyone's asleep

but what you said about no recipes telling you to take off the weed, it's probably because in order to get the most thc out of the bud is you need to chop it up (or grind it) and it would be a pain in the ass to go and pluck each and every piece of weed when you could just deal with the nastiness and eat it.

Fire crackers dont smell up your house at all. Ive done it many times and never had that issue.

i dont understand why you need heat to bind the fat to the THC if you are ingesting the plant matter anyways

You don't need to understand, but you do need to do it. THC isn't water soluble, it's fat soluble. If you want to prove it to yourself eat a gram of pot straight out of the bag and see how stoned you get.

You don't need to understand, but you do need to do it. THC isn't water soluble, it's fat soluble. If you want to prove it to yourself eat a gram of pot straight out of the bag and see how stoned you get.

already told him my experience with doing so when i was pre-bluelight and a rookie at drugs in general