• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Isomers: R and S Ketamine

Yea so um, i was in the HOSPITAL for much of that time, so yea stupid me for not running around the ER or the ICU looking for sources.......

Plus, it was an old post i never responded to when i left before, so i figured id respond and bring it back for discussion, which didnt seem to work since most of BL is retarded now :p have a nice day.

Man, don't let a few bad apples ruin it for you. You only got one retarded reply here. And it seems more an attempt at humor.

s-isomer ketamine and the "k-hole"

i dont think this should be in the TR forum as it has a question at the end......it has been said to me that you cant hole properly on s-isomer...i highly beg to differ! i had done about 4.5-5 decent rolls(white windmills/spirals) and snorted about 100 mg in small bumps throughout the roll,then when i got home i couldnt sleep and i had to work this morning,so 100 mg goes up the nose in one line....i let it hit me a little,then decided to go for the gold,i stumbled to my bathroom to pony up on another 100 mg line...as i was cutting out that last line i heard the sound of my bathrooms fan becomign so loud it sounded like a waterfall,and hesitated on bringin it up to 200 total,but bent down and shot it up my shnozz anyways....

stumbled back to my bed,unable to see at all past the massive dreamlike blurring of my vision,i thought to myself "damn man that last line wasnt really necessary"...flop onto to my bed and turn some destroyalldreamer's on,and started dissolving into somethign greater than myself. cant remembe rmuch of the actual hole,although i do remember distinctly looking up or down at some infantlike blue figure i perceived to be me,and the complete absence of ANYTHING but my internal thoughts,which contorted and twisted around in complete absence of meaning,but feeling so perfect,so right...

i am peeking at the source code of the universe,i dont even comprehend vision,its a lost concept to me...the music is too intense,its making me live lives in every note of the song,alien thoughts all through my psyche...as i came down a bit from the peak of the experience enough to sit up,i had to focus my eyes for like a minute beforei could see enough to stop the music on my laptop...stumbled outside and smoked a ciggarette,which was impossible to ligth because it had been very very flattened in my pocket(damn k and the pocket contents crushing!)...still damn near unable to see,everything is one huge blur of sensory soup,unable to tell any of my senses from each other(or my thoughts!),such unique psychedelia...

has nayone else had trouble reaching the peak ketamine state with the S-isomer only material?

s-isomer really seems to be way more psychedelic than racemic ket,ive neevr had my ego dissolved that effectively(and ive done the whole dmt and 5 meo dmt route)...the ketamine state is so fucking unlike anything else,especially from the s-only stuff...

just wanted to hear people experiences with this particular k

I don't understand your query.... your experience sounds like a dissociative 'hole'....

Edit: get it now, your experience was 'more' intense then racemic k. Sorry.

I love your description of the high :)

I can never really put words on a high let alone a ketamine high, but if a friend ever wants to try K I'll read them this text!

^^^^He's not talking about actual 'street' ketamine, but the stereo isomer. Um, yeah, just wiki it! :)

Yeah it's not a 'hole' as such because it doesn't have the same isolation & cut-off of racaemic ketamine, but the 'hole' requires getting enough of the S isomer into yourself to produce the psychedelic activity, but not too much of the R isomer or you'll lose conciousness. There's no need for the balancing act with the S isomer as the loss of conciousness isn't a factor due to the lack of presence of the R isomer

Is there reason to think the S isomer would be less harmful to one's brain (memory etc)?

MGS looks at F&B with puppy dog eyes.

fastandbulbous said:
Yeah it's not a 'hole' as such because it doesn't have the same isolation & cut-off of racaemic ketamine, but the 'hole' requires getting enough of the S isomer into yourself to produce the psychedelic activity, but not too much of the R isomer or you'll lose conciousness. There's no need for the balancing act with the S isomer as the loss of conciousness isn't a factor due to the lack of presence of the R isomer

samadhi_smiles said:
Is there reason to think the S isomer would be less harmful to one's brain (memory etc)?

i dont have nay hard evidence,but i do know the s-only cracks me out a lot less after a big night

Can anyone point me in the direction of any more reports with the S isomer? I've read yours (O_F) and FB's. I am intrigued to say the least!!! :)

I've now tried S-ketamine. I have to say that I do not care for it at all. I can't really understand how it is "more psychedelic." It is certainly less dissociating, and there is no real comedown, no slurred speech, no motor inhibition. But it really lacked what I like about ketamine...the 'isolation' as F&B called it. It also lacked the narcotic effects, so I probably will not even bother trying it on the comedown of a psychedelic (when I usually use ketamine) as I enjoy the relaxation that (racemic) ketamine provides. Certainly it is a more 'clear-headed' experience but not more 'psychedelic.' Does (for me) the same thing as the racemate...just lacks the 'out of body' component.

I am VERY interested in trying R-ketamine just to see what that is like.

wait... I've heard of trans- and cis- isomers, and dextro- and levo-, but what's R and S?

morninggloryseed said:
I've now tried S-ketamine. I have to say that I do not care for it at all. I can't really understand how it is "more psychedelic." It is certainly less dissociating, and there is no real comedown, no slurred speech, no motor inhibition. But it really lacked what I like about ketamine...the 'isolation' as F&B called it. It also lacked the narcotic effects, so I probably will not even bother trying it on the comedown of a psychedelic (when I usually use ketamine) as I enjoy the relaxation that (racemic) ketamine provides. Certainly it is a more 'clear-headed' experience but not more 'psychedelic.' Does (for me) the same thing as the racemate...just lacks the 'out of body' component.

I am VERY interested in trying R-ketamine just to see what that is like.

ive had a couple of people say the same thing to me. s-k seems to effect everyone differently. for me personally it is the bees knees of dissociatives. it seems to have alot more going on in the mental department thasn racemic ket,which just makes me a zombie...

HeaT said:
wait... I've heard of trans- and cis- isomers, and dextro- and levo-, but what's R and S?

See wiki..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enantiomer

orbital_forest said:
for me personally it is the bees knees of dissociatives.

See that's just it...there was no dissociation for me. The effect was more akin to a super-marijuana sort of thing....definite 'mind expanding' effects and some visual changes...but no real out-of-body experience that I associate with ketamine. I think it would be interesting to try a 25/75 mixture of S-K and the racemate.

S-Isomer is over-rated. I've used numerous times and it just didn't take me where I wanted to go. No "Hole" no goal. It was clean with few after effects then I didn't find the positive effects much to celebrate. I increased the dose 3 fold a few times just to be sure it wasn't a tolerance issue.

I'll stick with racemic K from now on. A bit messy but far more fun :)

Fiddling with the isomer ratio definitely seems to be the way to get your own optimal ketamine experience - I've found a 80:20 S:R ratio (400mg racaemate + 600mg S isomer per gram) to be about best of all for me