• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Isomers: R and S Ketamine

that makes sence, i also found a threshold dose of dmt (3-4 mg) to completely cancel out any after effects of s-ket trips (never tried this with r-ket but i don't see why it wouldnt work with racemic also). I was on a long binge and i started getting that too much dissociation sickness where i couldn't really tell the difference between being here or being in k head-space and reality and k-space sort of merged, the threshold dmt dose separated the two very clearly and cancelled out all the tactile / visual oddness & the glitching words / zombie look one would go through after a 2.5 gram binge of im s-ket.
its been almost 3 years, i miss my beloved

Is there any other commercial source for s-isomer other than brand name Ketanest S? If so, name it and provide evidence. Otherwise, if you have not received your s-isomer ketamine in a Ketanest S vial, which you've compared to legit photographs (or some other correlative), it must be assumed your s-isomer ketamine was an illicit custom synthesis or TOTAL FUCKING BULLSHIT. In both legit cases, you MUST have paid quite a bit more for your product. If you didn't pay more you most likely didn't use s-isomer (stress on "most"). Now, everyone who has posted they've used s-isomer, did the conditions under which you used it meet these criteria? If you think these criteria are unreasonable, why? If you've answered why, what do you propose as an alternative criterion for determining you've used S in the past (and for fuck's sake, don't give an answer comparable to "I trust my source")?

What profit motives are there for selling as s-isomer? That's obvious if you're reading this thread. Why should you be skeptical of your own experience?: maybe because you've used a compound that blocks signals to the brain and you want to believe you've not been ripped off. I'm not saying there isn't legit s-isomer out there, I'm saying, you, the person on the internet reading this, shouldn't be confident you've had it if you can't provide what I've asked for.

EDIT: yes I've used supposed s-isomer in the form of a small sample a few times, and, yes, it was from a trusted source and it did feel different, but not in the anticipated way and it wasn't more potent as expected. I'm still agnostic as regards the matter. The difference could have easily been owed to bias.

Last edited:
I have a decent bit of experience with the (-) isomer and prefer it over the (+), does anyone have a mix of the two (doses) that provides a tranced out psychedelic state similar to a k-hole, but mellower?

Is there any other commercial source for s-isomer other than brand name Ketanest S? If so, name it and provide evidence.

Ketaset-S?
I take it no evidence needs to be provided with that name...
However I cannot actually find evidence of something with that brand name actually existing so it is probably a mixup with Ketanest-S?

But with other brands where the S-isomer was assumed, I could not find it in the information leaflet (which should say esketamine) so they should be stricken from the list in the brands subthread.
Good call.

Ketaset-S?
I take it no evidence needs to be provided with that name...
However I cannot actually find evidence of something with that brand name actually existing so it is probably a mixup with Ketanest-S?

But with other brands where the S-isomer was assumed, I could not find it in the information leaflet (which should say esketamine) so they should be stricken from the list in the brands subthread.
Good call.
I sort of feel like captain buzz kill with that post but at the same time I think it's a question that needs to be pursued to prevent deception in drug culture/markets. It's a fact that the process of producing the s-isomer requires a lot of extra equipment, material, and time. No company would invest in producing it without advertising it as enantiopure. It doesn't make any sense to talk about different ratios of S:R in different brands either, as if a company was consistently producing, for example, a product with a higher ratio of S:R, that would likewise be prominently advertised to distinguish the brand and justify the added cost to purchasers. I've heard people argue that various factors during synthesis can result in a ratio that is not 50:50, and so there could be brands that have different ratios, but even if this is true I can't see why such a ratio would be consistent across a company's syntheses as such factors are presumably variable. If there's no consistency, it doesn't make sense to talk about any particular brand having the property of non-50:50 S:R ratios. Unless you have a brand of ketamine from a company that says it's entiopure, or you've performed an objective test on your specific vial it makes the most sense to assume you have standard 50:50 racemic ketamine. If you don't possess such a product and you haven't performed an objective test all anybody has to do at any level of the production and purchasing chain to deceive you is to simply lie. Expectancy bias takes care of the rest.

I'm perfectly open to counterpoints, as I would quite like there to be loads of S floating around and different ratios. That would make things more fun. I just don't see why I should believe it at the moment.

Last edited:
Well regarding ketamine for use in humans in surgery I would understand if they would want to minimize the psychotomimetic potential. Yes of course they typically give you a cocktail to blast your awareness and memory, but there is the odd report here and there now and then and while I definitely appreciated K 'in my time' for surgery I am obviously less interested to experience any of it. So in that case the S-isomer seems more ideal. I sympathize with the kittehs but I can't really say I care enough to give them anything but the racemate.
What would be the point of having more than one brand of esketamine solution in vials? Beats me, but it is probably just the logic that if there is use for it there are manufacturers for it.

I don't really feel personally involved or addressed when you express your concerns like that because the separate isomers that I got came as crystals of beautiful size that were never cooked from liquid. They were said to have been diverted during manufacture by the crooked industry in lesser developed countries - I have mentioned this before in this subthread.
And they had functionally different effects. There were distinct effects I got with the one but not the other and vice versa, such as effects on mobility, and it all makes total sense regarding the racemate in which all the effects come together. The only thing that befuddled me for a while was which one was the R and which one was the S. And yes the crystals were shaped quite differently but I wouldn't offer that as proof for anything because there are other factors that can play major roles in crystallography / morphology, such as method for crystallization and rapidity.

Has anyone noticed a difference in the antidepressant effects between racemic and s-ketamine?

Well regarding ketamine for use in humans in surgery I would understand if they would want to minimize the psychotomimetic potential. Yes of course they typically give you a cocktail to blast your awareness and memory, but there is the odd report here and there now and then and while I definitely appreciated K 'in my time' for surgery I am obviously less interested to experience any of it. So in that case the S-isomer seems more ideal. I sympathize with the kittehs but I can't really say I care enough to give them anything but the racemate.
What would be the point of having more than one brand of esketamine solution in vials? Beats me, but it is probably just the logic that if there is use for it there are manufacturers for it.

I don't really feel personally involved or addressed when you express your concerns like that because the separate isomers that I got came as crystals of beautiful size that were never cooked from liquid. They were said to have been diverted during manufacture by the crooked industry in lesser developed countries - I have mentioned this before in this subthread.
And they had functionally different effects. There were distinct effects I got with the one but not the other and vice versa, such as effects on mobility, and it all makes total sense regarding the racemate in which all the effects come together. The only thing that befuddled me for a while was which one was the R and which one was the S. And yes the crystals were shaped quite differently but I wouldn't offer that as proof for anything because there are other factors that can play major roles in crystallography / morphology, such as method for crystallization and rapidity.
I wasn't really addressing you personally so much as using what you wrote to continue this sub-topic and further explain my rationale. I said I felt like "captain buzz kill" because given what I've stated I'm suggesting there's probably a lot of people out there who have been sold "esketamine" and have raved about the differences when in fact they were duped, that's all. I don't believe people are very good at all at distinguishing relatively subtle variations in drug constitution by subjective effect and so the fact that they might insist on differences doesn't convince me of much other than that they're naturally trying to be consistent with past claims. Like I said earlier, I'm not saying legit s isn't out there -- and I'm not saying you personally haven't used it -- I just doubt it's as prevalent as some may think because there's rarely any objective markers on the supposed product and there's a profit motive to lie about it. I'm also saying the frequent mentions of different brands feeling like they have a higher proportion of S or R don't seem to be based on anything but hunches (or at least I don't see a good objective reason to think different proportions exist consistently by brand).

Yes I understand, just wanted to put something in perspective.

But like I indicated, I think promoting skepticism is very healthy and it is generally in agreement with HR and filtering out disinformation.

Do you happen to have any personal experience with any of the separate isomers?

Ketamine Rocks

I got some of these last night. I was told they are mostly S isomer ketamine, and from the effects I'd have to say I agree. the trip was extremely intense, much moreso than most of the other racemic ket I've done. I did 140 mg I.M. and the hole was unbelievable. usually preset ketamine is little salt like rectangle crystals, cooked k is smaller crystals but these are like little 30 mg shards.

has anybody done any ketamine that looks like this? if you get a chance to try it I strongly recommend it. do you think the shape has to do with the synth? the way it was purified? hcl gassing?

anyways in this pic there is 125mg, as you can see it doesn't look like much but when its crushed up it turns into a huge pile. the taste is extremely strong.

NSFW:
xeh0yo.jpg

racemic mixtures will usually form different crystal shapes than pure-isomer mixtures

racemic mixtures will usually form different crystal shapes than pure-isomer mixtures

Exactly, a mxture of two stereo-copies will stack differently than only one. Crystals are awesome.

here's a pic from the subthread. I think the shards on the left are racemic and the rocks on the right are S isomer. my buddy who hooked me up with these said the S isomers crystal formation tends to be more octagonal and long.

I found this pic

NSFW:
4707380757_38342cc7a6_b.jpg

I'm starting to think the stuff I have is R isomer, but it's pretty much impossible to tell

^ Yeah the one on the right is what I had when I first tried it. I had the tiniest bit and it was very intense. Loved it.

so I'm pretty sure a heavy dose of ketamine is capable of allowing people to time travel, or at least see the future/perform esp. any thoughts?