• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Isomers: R and S Ketamine

A couple of nights ago, I sniffed 100mg, about three and a half hours after 125mg plugged MDMA and a couple of pipes of decent hash - it was one of the most wonderful experiences of my psychonaut 'career' - an extremely re-energising experience (particularly noticeable due to my wife and I having suffered the loss of a pregnancy a couple of days prior) - an experience I'm still assimilating and reflecting on.

I have only ever used s-siomer ket and only a few 100mg's previous to this (I am - somehow 8) - a master of moderation - time will tell! :\ ), so cannot pass comment on comparissons to the racemic.

Its seductiveness (brought about by its ability to strip away the ego without trauma and allow the 'self' to fly - ecstasis - ecstasy) is, however, something to be wary of, I believe (from my own experience and that of others here).

However, if one is able to resist its lure, I believe that it can be a most useful tool for personal growth.

As for fun - at lower doses I'm certain the 's' stands for slut ;)

I might have the chance to try S-Ketamine next week... although from reading on here, I am a bit taken aback.

It is actually the numbness and sensory-deprevation effect of Ketamine that seem to allow me to achieve some transcendent states, even at lower doses (I have a feeling I'd be right at home in a sensory-deprevation tank!).

After all, what good is a dissociative without dissociation? ;)

I'm still very interested though - and would be even more interested to see what R-Ketamine does :). Up to this point, I was somewhat confused as to the differences in each isomer.

>dissociative without
>dissociation?

Bingo. There is none.

Yeah, my opinion is unchanged. Did some s-ket with the ms. last night. After the shot, I had to make Loki's (our sugar glider) din din. The fact that I could prepare glider cuisine in the K-state has me unimpressed. I should have been floored. She is still asleep so I await her opinion but I consider s-ket a defective product. Novelty to have but not a serious tool. Bring on the r-ketamine.

I don't know about the rest of people, but I would get totally dissociated from s-isomer. I've probably done a total of 30g in my life, and I would much prefer it to the dodge brand/racemic k. The recovery is quicker, and it doesn't seem to have as much effect on memory as racemic. I don't know if everyone here, is talking about the same thing...S-isomer is not too common.

specialr

p.s. this doesn't change the fact that k is a bad drug and is horribly, insiduously addictive.

specialrelativity said:
p.s. this doesn't change the fact that k is a bad drug and is horribly, insiduously addictive.

That is not a fact, it is just an opinion ;)

Jamshyd said:
That is not a fact, it is just an opinion ;)

Agreed, Ketamine has a most unique feature ... exponential tolerance so addiction hardly likely (although not unknown). IMO/IME ;)

It's better than a hole !! It' like the bit that surrounds the hole irreplaceable ;)

specialrelativity said:
I

It's compulsive, to me though not addictive in the 'classical' sense. Stereo isomer I find is much less compulsive than racemic. Maybe I'm weird though.

Fishface said:
Its seductiveness (brought about by its ability to strip away the ego without trauma and allow the 'self' to fly - ecstasis - ecstasy) is, however, something to be wary of, I believe (from my own experience and that of others here).

However, if one is able to resist its lure, I believe that it can be a most useful tool for personal growth.

As for fun - at lower doses I'm certain the 's' stands for slut ;)

after tasting the s-isomer for the first time tonight, I have to say those words are spot-on imho. definitely entactogenic in nature and lifting my mood considerably... kind of a bit like methylone then, in the way it allows for a calm perception of perfection and a little extra sparkle. i found myself enthralled by the experience straightaway.

Best not to fall for it I suppose, I'm sure it's got an ugly head it can rear if overdone. Don't they all?

zophen said:
It's compulsive, to me though not addictive in the 'classical' sense. Stereo isomer I find is much less compulsive than racemic. Maybe I'm weird though.

Maybe? Like saying the Pope maybe a bit religeous =D

S-Isomer Ketamine. Could it be nasty?

I just dont know about this S-Isomer K. A lot of people I know agree, Something is not quite right about it. Myself, The effect seems fine but I experienced a lot of nasty headache type symptoms after weekly use for a number of months which I did put down to these certain pills a the time, The pills were fucked off (as well as the S + K) and after a good 2 to 3 months the symtoms subsided to my great releif. These symtoms had my mind in shreds for a good few months thinking I had done permanent damage. E seemed to aggrivate it which made me think it was that and I all but stopped it
I took it easy for months hardly taking anything whilst getting slowly better with my problem.
Then from another source came more S+ K.
Within 2 weeks the telltale signs were back, Strange twitch at the back of my head on the left/back at the same place evey time. With
Headaches that were always on the left hand side that seemed to move about from the front to the side to the back.
My E intake grew back to what it was before the symtoms so I dont think it was that. It must be that S+ K is only supposed to work on one side of your brain??? That would tally with the locality of my headaches and strange twitch.
Strangly enough Racemic K did eliviate the symtoms to a degree.
I thought my headache/brain twitch problem had gone until 2/3 weeks use of different S + k
Lots of other people did not see eye to eye with S+ K for no given reason.
What does anyone else rekon??

Last edited:
I think most people will agree that the S isomer is fine, or even preferential. I don't see any risk to it.

I've only done the S isomer recently, so I don't really have anything to compare, but I went through a few grams of it and never experienced any bad symptoms. I was not doing a lot in one night combined with ecstasy though.

I reckon it had a lot to do with the MDMA; that stuff can do funky things to your brain, ime.

Regardless, it sounds like you should take a break from both MDMA and ketamine.

You think?

Take care,
S_S

gabbachris said:
............ which I did put down to these certain pills a the time.....................
I'd be suspicious of K "pills". There really is no reason to go to the trouble of pressing pills. I would be concerned that it was an exercise in producing a combo - i.e. adulterating the K in some way that precludes having a pure K experience. It could therefore be that the negative effects were caused by something unhealthy in the mix.

The resurfacing of negative effects could simply be conditioned response. I never really appreciated the significance of CR until after getting a drink spiked with K whilst blowing up on a medium dose LSD experience in a club. Now every time I take acid in a club, I get to a point where I feel that I've drunk some K again, even though the chances are slim. The signature of the K experience seems to have been burned into my psyche.

E

^ happens to me when I smoke marijuana now, even when I do not take ketamine for a few days or weeks -

feels like I'm on K when high on THC

The pills are E and not K. I rekon it is definitly the S-Isomer that had me fucked (after a few months weekend use) I still do the E and dont get the symtoms but when I got the different S+ K the trouble stirred again. I wont touch S+K now.
I know other people who dislike it also but dont know exactly why.

well its strange, since generally everybody I have tried it with (admittedly only about a half dozen) have LOVED it compared to regular racemic. They thought it much more clearheaded and feelgood compared to the racemic.

I still reckon the MDMA has a lot to do with your problems, Chris. Hopefully you realize that chemical is one that you do NOT want to push...it can do VERY bad things to your brain chemistry (I've seen it happen to myself from weekend abuse and from close friends).

Nausea
Etymology: Latin, seasickness, nausea, from Greek nautia, nausia, from nautēs sailor —

Psychonauts... =D

Anyway the S isomer causes pointless nausea in me and also confuses me in a totally unpleasant way, unlike the racemic.

S-isomer gave me headaches as well, although then again too much racemic does the same. I think that mine ( the racemic anyway) is linked with sinus problems....which in turn is linked to overuse/tolerance.

I have no problem with the effects of s-isomer although I do prefere racemic. as for E, I have more or less done it every weekend since I was 18. I an 34 now. I do understand there are brain dangers with E use but these symtoms, I rekon were down to regular S+K activity. I did think it was the E until I started with the S+K again and the problem started again. I stopped the S+K and still do the E with racemic and I am fine, IMO.