• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How to press kief/powder into hash??

joanmiro

Bluelighter
Hi everyone,

So if I were to have some very sandy looking hash powder extracted through the "gumby" method, how would I go about pressing the hash into a chunk of beautiful brown hash?

Also, any tips for drying out the powder to prep for pressing?

Thanks!

you could buy a pollen press, i got mine for 30-40 bux, it was awhile ago, if you dont wanna do that you can buy what are called dram vials and fill one with kief then press it down with a pen or pencil or whatever will fit, press hard then break the glass, this is inefficient way but if u dont wanna buy a press it is the way i recommend but first and foremost i recomend a pollen press

hmm. i think that hash is a lot of times just keif pressed and *heated*, thats why it is brown or black.
put keif between some newspaper i think it was? and then smash down on top with an iron(maybe put a towel between it and newspaper so it doesnt burn) and boom you have hash.
i read that somewhere a long time ago i believe.
it was on the internet, try researching about it.

Homemade hash:

What you need:

- A decent amount of kief (pollen), at least 5g, which can be collected using a special kief collecting weed grinder which can be bought at all good smoke shops.
- Plastic cellophane wrapper from end of cigarette pack.
- Damp towel.
- Hair straightener.

This is the easiest way to make homemade hash. Here's how to make the hash in easy steps:

Step 1: Turn on the hair straightener.

Step 2: Take cellophane wrapper and fill with several teaspoons of kief (depending on how much hash you want to make).

Step 3: Burn filled wrapper shut using a lighter. It should only take a split second.

Step 4: Wrap damp towel around the cellophane baggie.

Step 5: Place the baggie covered in the towel into the hair straightener and press it shut tight. Give it a good 10-20 minutes making sure to check regularly so nothing burns.

Step 6: Take out the towel and baggie, throw the baggie on a flat floor and press it flat with your foot.

Step 7: Remove the cellophane plastic covering and there you have it...fresh beautiful hash.

Check out the video at this link in order to see how it's done...

http://thisrevolution.blogspot.com/2006/01/lets-make-hash-morroccan-style.html

you could use screw clamps and 2 iron plates and parchment paper.

or shoe hash. put the keif in some cellophane, wrap it good and tight, like 3 or 4 layers, put the chunk in your shoe and go for a jog.

whats the point of compressing the kief?? y cant you just smoke it as it is. jus sprinkle it in your blunt?? or smoke a bowl of it.

^ i think people like the novelty of hash, and kief is sometimes seen as different than hash cuz lots of people can have kief but hash is rarer. <--- just a thoery

having said that i find it easy if im gonna smoke a bowl of straight kief to do it with pressed kief, rather then powdered kief. powdered kief is good for "Sprinklin" bowls/blunts but pressed hash has it owns uses and is better in certain situations

^ i think people like the novelty of hash, and kief is sometimes seen as different than hash cuz lots of people can have kief but hash is rarer. <--- just a thoery

i think that that's not true because hash is much more common than keif to the average buyer. I think lots of people can just get any old hash from whoever, but who has the buds and time and $$$ to get a large quantity of keif? and who sells keif? not that many people.

I think people like hash because its easier to handle than keif.

like turning your coke sack into a crack rock....lol

Pressing hash also alters the chemical and physical consistency of the material, by snapping the trichomes and releasing aromatic oils into the hash- makes it much tastier, and potent, in my opinion :)

and BTW - I hand pressed couple beautiful little dark, dark black hash balls today, the taste is creamy, almost chocolately

i just roll it into little balls using my fingers, it works great and only takes a few minutes

Homemade hash:

What you need:

- A decent amount of kief (pollen), at least 5g, which can be collected using a special kief collecting weed grinder which can be bought at all good smoke shops.
- Plastic cellophane wrapper from end of cigarette pack.
- Damp towel.
- Hair straightener.

This is the easiest way to make homemade hash. Here's how to make the hash in easy steps:

Step 1: Turn on the hair straightener.

Step 2: Take cellophane wrapper and fill with several teaspoons of kief (depending on how much hash you want to make).

Step 3: Burn filled wrapper shut using a lighter. It should only take a split second.

Step 4: Wrap damp towel around the cellophane baggie.

Step 5: Place the baggie covered in the towel into the hair straightener and press it shut tight. Give it a good 10-20 minutes making sure to check regularly so nothing burns.

Step 6: Take out the towel and baggie, throw the baggie on a flat floor and press it flat with your foot.

Step 7: Remove the cellophane plastic covering and there you have it...fresh beautiful hash.

Check out the video at this link in order to see how it's done...

http://thisrevolution.blogspot.com/2006/01/lets-make-hash-morroccan-style.html

Thank you so much for this. A Google search led me to this page, these steps, and this video which I followed the steps of to turn my less than ideal, inconsistent, keify excuse for hash into the same consistency as the stuff I pay double the price for. Everyone should do this to their keif. From your final big hash product, turn into same-sized, how-you-like-it-dosed little balls, put a screen on your bowl, and use your index finger and thumb to press a ball into a nice little flat circle, put it in your pipe, and smoke it. For best results, vape it (don't light the hash, but hold the flame above it and use your suction to pull the heat down to heat the hash up which will emit its intoxicating vapors :)