• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Clean up cut heroin?

CloudyHazeD

Bluelighter
Is there any simple way to clean up some powder dope?

What is the solubility of heroin in acetone? Isopropyl alcohol? Ethanol?

Not sure what the cut is. It all dissolves in water......for the most part.

Any ideas?

The shit really burns my nose as it is now.

Erowid has a guide, gimme a sec.

This is as complete and as accurate as I can remember, it has been something like 9 years since I have used heroin. The process I used for purification was straight forward. Diacetylmorphine can exist in two forms, an insoluble base, or a soluble salt. Often it contained a plethera of other agents like pieces of broken glass, pieces of foil, dirt, wood, metal, mannitol, lactose, maltose, sand, you get the idea. The first stage of the process I used was to make sure the diacetylmorphine I received was totally converted to a soluble hydrochloride salt. The heroin I usually received was a brown powdered heroin, sometimes off white, very little vinegar smell. Today all you can find is a black crud that reeks with a vinegar (acetic) odor. The way I made sure it was a soluble salt was to drop enough 28% hydrochloric acid to make it wet. This insured that I would not waste any of the available drug, but would remove most if not all of the cut. I think that it would be better for me to detail it in a procedural manner. FYI, hydrochloric acid can be purchased in gallon jugs at hardware stores under the name Muriatic acid, 28%.

First weigh out one gram of heroin from the stock you received from your supplier. Place this gram into a 13 x 100mm test tube. Add a few drops of 28% hydrochloric acid until it is evenly damp. Allow to react for a minute or two. Next add 5 ml distilled water, place your thumb over the end and carefully shake to dissolve all that will dissolve into the water. Allow the insolubles to settle. Using a pipette, remove and transfer as much of the liquid to a fresh test tube leaving the solids behind. Dispose of the undissolved remains in the first test tube. Slowly add via pipette, one drop at at time, ammonium hydroxide (water clear household ammonia) until the white precipitate ceases production. Add several more drops at this point just to be sure. Shake gently to be sure that all the solution is evenly ammoniated. The solution should look milky. Now add 100 ml ethyl ether (some kinds of diesel starting fluids, read the label) to a 150 ml beaker. Dump the milky liquid into the ether and stir briskly and allow the water to settle and collect on the bottom. The water will turn clear. Using a glass pipette, remove this water from the bottom of the beaker and dispose of.

Now mix up a solution of 5ml 28% hydrochloric acid and 5ml distilled water and add this to the ether in the beaker. Stir briskly keeping as much acid/water suspended as possible for several minutes. Allow the water/acid to collect on the bottom of the beaker. Using a glass pipette, remove this water layer from the bottom of the ether and transfer to a glass petri dish. Transfer the ether back to its storage bottle for reuse. It will still contain small amounts of heroin base, so don't throw it out. Recycle! Slowly add small portions of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) to the water/acid solution in the petri until you don't notice any more bubbles being formed. Place the glass on a warm surface, and allow to evaporate. The residue will be diacetylmorphine hydrochloride and salt. Table salt is a by-product of the reaction and will not hurt you at all when injected. Scrape up the residue and weigh it. Yield from one gram of smack (yea, we called it that) would be anything from 100 to 300 mg, rarely more. Place 100 mg of this powder in a test tube, add 10 cc sterile isotonic water for injection (available OTC at drug stores) and heat to boiling. Transfer this liquid while still hot using a syringe (available OTC at some drug stores) to a 10 ml rubber stoppered empty sterile ampoule (available OTC at drug stores).

To use this drug which is 10mg/ml, extract with a sterile syringe as much drug as you wish to use. 10 mg would send me flying believe it or not. 2.5mg (1/4 cc) was usually enough to keep me "happy" and was my normal dose. 20mg was the most I could take safely in my opinion, and was a waste of drug and money. Normally, for most 150-170 lb males, 2.5 mg is more than enough in my opinion. Using heroin in this manner avoids the problems associated with "street use" and will keep your body healthy and safe, reducing the risk of disease and overdosage.

My memory is pretty good, and I think I covered all the bases here, but I may have made a mistake somewhere. Overall I think this is an accurate method, to the best of my ability to remember.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/heroin/heroin_info5.shtml

No comments on the chemistry, but wow, 2.5mg doses? 40-120 doses per gram? ...

^The dose of pure heroin isn't that much, not usually that small, but less than 15mg for non-tolerant people.

People often have an inflated sense of how much they are using. When they buy a 'gram' of Heroin (usually a bundle, 10 dimebags for powder), this usually only means 50mg-200mg total of actual Diacetylmorphine if it is of good quality.

From HeroinHelper/reprinted at drugs-forum:

Purifying Heroin
[Editor's Note: The following text is taken from Heroin User's Handbook but the procedure has been floating around for years and I have no idea who "invented" it. I do not recommend using the part of this process that involves ether--unless you really know what you are doing
The impurities found in street heroin range from coffee to quinine to glass particles. Most impurities, like coffee, are harmless. You might even like some of them. Coffee, for example, is tasted after injecting heroin that has been cut with it. Some impurities, like glass and maybe even quinine, can be deadly. I strongly encourage you to remove the impurities from the heroin you buy. What follows is a recipe that works despite the fact that it has been widely distributed on the Internet.
<Removing Particulate Matter
The use of cotton for filtration when heroin is cooked before being used is a small attempt at purifying the heroin ingested. But a much better job can be done with a little hydrochloric acid (HCl). Place about a gram of heroin in a small glass container (a test tube is best, but any glassware that will allow mixing will work). Add a couple of drops of 28% hydrochloric acid and allow it to react for a couple of minutes. Next, add 5 ml of distilled water and mix vigorously so that everything dissolves that can.
At this point in the process, the heroin is in solution. The non-soluble material in the container is garbage that you do not wish to ingest. Let the solution sit so that the particulate matter settles to the bottom and then pipette out the solution, leaving the particulate matter behind. The simplest kind of pipette is an eye-dropper. If a pipette is not available, it is possible to pour the solution out of one container into another, being careful not to allow any of the particulate matter to be transferred.
Removing Soluble Impurities
Add ammonium hydroxide to the solution, one drop at a time. This will cause a white precipitate to form. Continue adding the ammonium until you are certain that there is no more precipitate being formed. The solution is then gently mixed to assure that the ammonium is evenly distributed. At this point, the solution will have a milky look.
The solution is then added to about 100 ml of ethyl ether-a chemical with which great care must be taken, since it is quite combustible. This new solution is then vigorously mixed and left to sit. This will cause the water to settle at the bottom of the container; it is removed with a pipette and then discarded.
A mixture of 5 mL of HCl and 5 mL distilled water is created and added to the ethyl ether mixture. This is stirred vigorously for several minutes. Afterwards, a water layer will form at the bottom of the container. You then pipette this out and into a small container such as a petri dish
Deacidification
Slowly add baking soda to the solution in the petri dish. This will cause the solution to bubble. When the bubbling stops, this process is finished. The resulting solution is then air-dried, which yields pure heroin and table salt (NaCl). The salt is harmless and may be ingested along with the heroin.
by Dr. H © 2000
Last Modified: 5 January 2004

[Editor's Note: The following method for purifying street heroin comes to us from a once infamous clandestine heroin chemist who has "gone straight". He has asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons. He also asked that we be very clear that this recipe explains a serious chemical process with the resulting risks: (1) accidents made during process could cause harm in the form of explosions, toxic vapors, and unknown other threats to the safety of the would-be chemist and those in close proximity; (2) even if performed exactly as written, this recipe will not increase the quantity, only the quality of what was already there; (3) the very act of using this recipe breaks drug manufacturing laws (along with many others besides) that can result in multi-year prison sentences and even death as punishment. The recipe is provided for educational purposes only--and as such, it will likely be quite useful to students of beginning organic chemistry.]
I was curious about the procedure for cleaning street heroin [that is on your site: Purifying Heroin]. Most of my practical laboratory experience was with various opiates, street, pharmaceutical or self made, so this is definitely something that I know about. In fact I purified some street heroin for a friend of mine one day. It requires only a little knowledge of basic organic extraction technique.
This is what I did:
Dissolve the street heroin in water.
Use the easily available Hydrion pH papers to monitor the pH during this procedure. Add Sodium Hydroxide in solution dropwise while checking the pH. Use a narrow glass or plastic rod to touch a minimum of the drug solution to the paper to avoid loss. Stop when the pH reaches about 9.
Extract with chloroform.
Chloroform is far superior to diethyl ether in that it is non-flammable and does not present storage problems, where explosive peroxides can be formed. Note: Chloroform is an ideal solvent for heroin, codeine, and most other opiates, with the major exception of morphine which requires a mixed solvent.
Separate the chloroform layer and wash with a minimum quantity of cold water: 1-2 ml works well. Evaporate the chloroform taking care not to burn the residue on the bottom of the beaker. Note: Chloroform is a known carcinogen, so plenty of ventilation (and a respirator) would be advisable. The chloroform is so volatile that this step is actually quite easy to perform.
????: Drugs Forum http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10008
Add a dilute solution of HCl dropwise while stirring with a glass rod.
Monitor the pH closely. As the acid is being added, the diacetyl morphine base is being neutralized and converted into the water-soluble hydrochloride salt form.
When all the solid material has just dissolved, stop adding the HCl.
I found that this takes place around pH 5-6. Note: If one tries to bring the pH all of the way up to 7, the free base alkaloid precipitates back out requiring addition of more HCl. The resulting solution will be in an injectable form; it will now be completely clear with no colored impurities or particulate matter.
Having clarified this procedure, I would hope that nobody would actually attempt it. To an experienced chemist this is all so routine that you could do it blindfolded. But I noticed that even the college students in my Organic lab class, who had no prior organic chemistry experience, were remarkably clueless around a separatory funnel the first time. This is to say that what is trivial in the hands of an experienced chemist will likely be unusable (at best) and dangerous (at worst) in the hands of an amateur. This chemistry isn't to be played with.
by Anonymous © 2003

The procedures are taken from heroinhelper.com.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10008

Honestly it generally isn't worth the effort. Odds are a portion will be lost in the extraction process, and in the end the resulting product will still contain considerable amount of non-opioid material.

Yea what people seem to never realize is that heroin is just about the most cut street drug there is. Id say on average its definatly more cut than coke. If i remeber correctly heroin is just a little more potent weight for weight than oxycodone. And if you try these purification processes you WILL lose some thats just a part of chemistry. Also you can expect your end product to weigh ALOT less than what you started with. If your using street dope i wouldnt try this personally unless i had at least 3-4 grams.

I fully realize a street gram isn't close to 1000mg but 2.5mg is still quite ??? the 40-120 doses I quoted wasn't assuming a pure gram, it was using his numbers assuming a 10% - 30% purity (well maybe 15% - 40% to account for losses). Still seems odd to see a presumably experienced user claim that.

This would be very helpful if you have a few grams of various batches or you just want to purify your stash.

I fully realize a street gram isn't close to 1000mg but 2.5mg is still quite ??? the 40-120 doses I quoted wasn't assuming a pure gram, it was using his numbers assuming a 10% - 30% purity (well maybe 15% - 40% to account for losses). Still seems odd to see a presumably experienced user claim that.

2.5mg 99.9% pure Diacetylmorphine Hydrochloride IV would be the dose to get a non-tolerant person high. Heroin is basically 2x as potent by weight as Morphine when given IV; 5mg IV Morphine is the standard starting dose for a non-addicted or dependant person for severe pain in a hospital.

Sorry for beating a dead horse / derailing the thread, but if you use morphine = 1.5 * diacetylmorphine and 0.1mg/kg - 0.2mg/kg morphine sc + titration as an initial dose the situation widens considerably.

If i remeber correctly heroin is just a little more potent weight for weight than oxycodone.

no definitely not. if i had to compare the subjective equivalency of pure heroin hcl and oxycodone hcl i'd say 10mg heroin = ~30-40mg oc (insufflated, plugged or IV... not oral).

pure heroin is real potent stuff... when i was using it my tolerance was around 60mg oc (oral) to feel a decent (not strong, but ok) buzz. i'd typically IV 4-8mg heroin hcl at a time, anything more than 15mg would make me puke.

either way this thread has some great info.

Has anyone tried this method http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/heroin/heroin_info5.shtml as posted about above?

I really want to give it a shot I just dont want to kill myself. The tar up here is horrible and once you get a habit its really hard to shoot all that shit. Having it cleaned up and KNOWING how much is really there would be so nice.

One question I thought that once you put heroin in water and left it it would turn to moriphine?

Would this process leave it as heroin so I could say purify an ounce, store it in a test tube with sterile water and just keep it in the fridge or is it all going to change in to moriphine?

Whos done it I really want to try it out.

Thanks.

Hie,

About purification in th links,SWIM has tried 2 or 3 times with different samples, without a realy nice result...Maybe the smack used was realy bad quality, swim think so...and all times finish by adding baking soda o(or washing), problems was all time, to neutralize HCL ,SWIM had to put to much base and end with a lot of sodium salts or carbonnate, hard to see some pure dope inside...Swim don t know, maybe works with different heroin..this one had been used by SWIM was off white, No 3 smack from afganistan...
somebody got good results...
thanks to let SWIY and me know...

ya...et bonne cuisine...: )

there seems to be a typo in the tech, regarding the potency of the acid solution that pulls the h out of the ether. (and of course nobody should use starter fluid..wtf.. all kind of nasty things in there besides ether).i think what would work is the first mentioned acid solution, maybe a bit more acid in it but nothing close to 5 ml hcl.

sorry if i violated board rules. :\

Last edited:
Using swim doesn't help you legally guys, and here on BL it is actually not allowed. Just a heads up.

Sorry for bumping a bit of an old topic, just need some quick answers :)

In the UK my mate usually gets light brown, freebase H; good for smoking but not much else. The potency is fairly average too, making it more and more difficult to physically smoke the amount required (and fast enough) to feel anything.

Would this TEK work on this light brown base?

Thanks!

powder heroin is 2/3 cut 1/3 pure heroin. so in one standard $10 .1g bag you are getting 33mg of pure heroin, the rest is just to make it weigh .1g otherwise there would be such a small amount of powder you couldnt even package it properly and it would throw off standard measurments.

it follows that in 1g of H you would have 333mg of pure H. not fucking 2.5mg, sorry that is just retarded.

this cut ratio is from my own personal experience as i got very close to my dealer who was dominican and would get shit from washington heights. it comes from south america and it chanelled through the dominican republic and in turn brought into NYC. washington heights is the starting point of most heroin on the east coast. the domincans control the trade, and it is no coincidence that WH is all dominican. read a DEA bulletin and it will cite that dominican and to a less extent puerto rican drug syndicates traffic heroin out of WH.

i have seen several dealers cut the dope. they use a coffee grinder and use the mixing ratio i cited above. the cut is usually water soluble vitamins. it used to be lactose.

i would buy pure fingers (10 gram bullets) of H and the amount you need is so small that i would end up using liquid measurments. this sucks because heroin degrades into morphine in water over time. therefore, i would have to end up adding my own cut to it, hahah.

though the cut is 2/3 this does NOT mean that everything you get will be within that range. dope gets stepped on several times from the time it is in pure kilo form to the street. if you are lucky you have a guy that is cutting it once. chances are you dont know anyone that high up the ladder. if so, consider yourself lucky.

tar heroin is a totally different ballgame. i dont know the ratio of cut for that. the cuts were usually lactose, if making brown powder, or instant coffee. specifically nescafe green. it was very easy to boost this coffee and sell it to fences in LA because that is how common a cut it was/is.