• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Xanax and Cigarettes, how long?

First off, Placebo effects can be staggering. As most of us know, women who want a child desperately enough can actually manifest some sort of fake pregnancy, where they think they are pregnant for 9 months and then an empty womb comes out. (I don't have the facts to back this up, but I know I have read something along those lines several times before, naturally I'm paraphrasing as I'm maybe a lazy poster on occasion, I do appologize).

I have known people to sniff Marijuana pollen/keef/keif lines and swear that they feel the effects of marijuana, even act like they are intoxicated by it, when everybody (excuse me, we) know this is absolutely impossible.

I have been an off and on benzo user for the past 5 years now, and I have been smoking between 3-7 cigarettes a day on average for 6-7 years. I never noticed cigarettes diminishing my benzo high (admittedly I rarely take benzos w/o opiates and usually marijuana in my system). Cigarettes have always potentiated my Opiate high (from hydrocodone to oxycodone to heroin).

Recently though, I started hearing/reading rumors about nicotine diminishing/contributing to quicker elimination of benzos. All the sudden it felt as if maybe it was true, maybe the cigs were eliminating the benzos from my system quicker. And so now I try to smoke cigarettes immediately after dosing my diazepam or xanax and not at all if possible for the next few hours. I'm not sure if the effects of the nicotine on the benzos are negligable at best (as I am a light smoker, and heavy benzo user), or if it is placebo.

My guess is a little bit of both. And naturally it depends on your brain/body chemistry.

Another quick question on the topic. I've read there are 5 sub-classes of benzodiazepines (not including analogues such as etizolam). My question is does nicotine affect the effects of all sub-classes, or are some immune? Because I have never noticed nicotine affecting my clonazepam dosage.

Last edited:
"an empty womb comes out." ?!?!? Not trying to be a dick, but that's not just lazy, it's incorrect and absurd. Wtf?