• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

The 5 Tiers of Education

While I am a top tier person, I am inclined to agree that it is difficult to differentiate which areas are more important and/or harder. I know with geology, we cover, in depth, many topics that are of the god tier. And it does bother me that there are certain focus areas are not included such as biology and the like. I know, it's just a meme, but this is definitely good discussion going on here. :)

Obviously, overall, I do not agree whatsoever with this dumb ranking system. That said, pretending I *did* agree with the most basic parts of the meme there is at least a couple major issues I can address.

I think this meme is flawed due to my experience with the "law" major. I guess it presumes that a Bachelors isn't the only degree you're getting, yes? The correct terminology would be "Pre-Law" and at that level, with a Bachelors, you cannot make a significant income off that degree (if that is truly what the levels are based on (which I doubt)). On top of that I'd venture a guess Pre-Law isn't much 'harder' than many other Liberal Arts type degrees.

On a larger scale I think this meme fails miserably because many of these majors are nearly worthless nowadays without at least a Masters to back it up as well. Even assuming these are including all levels of education in that field (which creates a lot more problems than I'll address), it's still dumb because as said before all this is totally up to a multitude of factors. Is the graduate program for Astrology at Bumfuck University harder than a graduate Law program at Georgetown? OF COURSE NOT. Silliness abounds.

Still, I think some really good points have arisen in this conversation due to the initial stimuli. :)

as long as you understand that the shit tier philosophy / art / religion students have contributed more to our understanding of God than any of the disciplines falling under the god tier, i'm fine with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
as long as you understand that the shit tier philosophy / art / religion students have contributed more to our understanding of God than any of the disciplines falling under the god tier, i'm fine with it.

Shulgin, Köllisch (guy who first synthesized MDMA), etc. were all god-tier people via education/careers. So people who credit drugs for helping them better understand God/religion (even as a supplement for "shit-tier" research efforts) should praise the god-tier people as well as God. Just a thought.

Last edited:
that's fine if the 'hard' disciplines are closer to god. i prefer the squishier ones that you know, uhh, inform us about ethics and how to treat other human beings and shit.

(this thread is dumb)

Hmm. I could have sworn that psychology falls into the medical field. Oh yeah... It does.

Once I finish my MA in psychology I'll be working in... a... hospital. So I'm inclined to think that psychology is medicine and should be bumped up a few notches, especially since the field is booming right now.

@^ psychology is a religion, not a science. you'll be in hospitals in the same capacity that the priest who roams around giving last rites is :]

Not quite...not quite. I find nothing innately comforting about psychology.

religion is more law in its purest sense. psychology is untangling the mind through well placed words...

religion is more law in its purest sense. psychology is untangling the mind through well placed words...

by saying religion is law you mean that religion is and was the first form of civil government to arise right?