View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Who is the DMT God?

TheMerryPrankster

Bluelighter
Nine years ago I was fortunate enough to finally come into posession of two grams of pharmaceutical DMT. I took it all over a period of about a year, and have sadly not encountered it since then. I had hoped for decades to try DMT, but had accepted that I would never have the chance, so I had abandoned my research into it for some time. I knew that it was reputedly the most powerful Tryptamine around, and that it was not for the meek or faint of heart, but I did not know much about the experience itself, as it is purported - and I agree - to be indescribable in words.

So when I began my preparation for the experience with extensive research, I was surprised to find that the one common thread that ran through almost all DMT experiences of note, was the reference to 'discarnate entities' that inhabit the DMT realm, and the 'Elves' that accompany them. I have to admit skepticism at the time, despite the fact that I had experienced, on Nitrous Oxide and LSD (which I refer to as Gascid), the subjective impression of being in contact with consciousness that seemed independant of my own, on many occasions. The DMT descriptions seemed to define something much more tangible - something Alien.

I felt myself to be a good candidate to offer an objective perspective on this concept, as I was skeptical, but open minded, and I consider myself to be a scientist in these matters - or I approach them scientifically, and I am not easily swayed by subjective experience. I thought that if anyone could make an unbiased determination it was I.

There have been many reports on DMT experiences - and while I would love to try to paint a picture of some of my own, I try to post thoughts that have an original perspective, and are not 'just another drug experience'. So without going into any detail, I will relay that my first few experiences were very small doses, just to get a feel. While incredible, they frightened me a little, as the suggested dose for a full blown experience was 50 mg, and I was getting blown away on 10. I was scared to go all the way - especially as I was alone - and knew no-one who had taken it. I finally decided to take 25mg, but failed to realize that a residue had built up in the pipe, and I probably got the full 50mg. When just seconds later I heard a sound like the universe being ripped in two, I dropped to the floor so as not to hurt myself falling, and within a few more seconds was obliterated. I will describe the experience another time, but I guess the point I want to make is that when it was over, and I described the experience as best I could in words to a friend, they looked at me and said "you have just described an Alien abduction". I hadn't quite thought about it in those terms - as words are totally insufficient tools - but it was true. There was another entity - it examined me in the most intrusive of ways - like a complete psychological rape - it communicated with me, but directly - not through words - and it returned me intact. This really frightened me. On Gascid, the interaction with perceived entites is not direct like the DMT experience, it's more of a flow, less tangible. ON the DMT it was different. This was - I felt certain - another entity.

Shortly afterward, the scientist in me became skeptical of my perceptions. Perhaps it was just an hallucination - despite the seeming reality of the experience. I was too afraid to go all the way again - and for a while, I only took it in small amounts to see if I could find the crossover point between this universe and the DMT universe, to try and have a more balanced perspective. But one day, having done some very good MDMA 4 hours earlier, I felt confident enough to try it again, but not in such a strong dose. I found out later that MDMA is a weak MAOI, and the experience that followed was seriously amplified by the synergy.

I would say that this experience was probably the most profound of my life at the time. I would love to describe it, and perhaps will another time, but the essence was that this 'Alien' was there again - the same one - only this time it was not examining me - it was teaching me - and although it was psychologically *painful* - an ordeal - it explained to me how the universe works - everything in the universe. And I felt that I had been accepted, after my initial DMT experience into the DMT realm. I had read of people being told to leave and never return, so I felt priveleged to have been allowed to return and be privvy to this universal knowledge.

The experiences that followed almost always had the same being in it, which became to me almost a symbol of Godhood. I am a psychedelic spiritualist, so allow for such concepts in my experiences, but never claim them as fact - even if I choose to believe in them. I did a great number of subsequent experiences, and explored many aspects of the DMT world - many of which I will hopefully post at some time.

However, I am writing this post from a specific angle, having read, a few days ago, a report on this phenomenon, by a skeptic, who quite cogerently deconstructed what he considered to be the DMT 'myth'. His belief that these apparent 'beings' were simply manifestations of ourselves, and he went to great detail to try and 'prove' this.

I will admit, that in some of my subsequent experiences, I asked myself similar questions. One time I remember saying to myself "I am a little computer plugged into a big computer" and the perception that I had was that this being - this DMT God was pehaps in fact me, but the *whole* me, not the limited and filtered version that is perceiptible by the human brain. That maybe I was in fact this being - in infinitely more intelligent and evolved being than I am as a human - the 'rest of me' so to speak.

I have only lightly skimmed the very top of my experiences here, as my last post was very long, and I don't want to bog things down. I have not written this to describe my DMT expereinces as such. But The DMT ran out - and I have not been able to revisit any of this for the last 8 years.

So I am posting this to ask all of you your thoughts on the matter. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon - drawn any conclusions - have any insights to share. I have avoided detail in order to promote the question: "Is the DMT being a separate entity, or is it just a greater perception of ourselves". If I can no longer explore the realm to find my answers, perhaps there is enough experience among we BlueLighters to explore the concept.

I welcome your responses.

^ lol. Interesting read Prankster. Having never done DMT i can only read this post and gain a little understanding about that alien world, not share my own thoughts on the matter. Have you read any of Terrence Mckenna's thoughts on the matter?

Sounds like you met the DMT king. He's a powerful and wise entity. His name is Mubalu.

God is God is God, individuated beings are but micro manifestations before the Divine. Aspects of our selves we have not integrated into our conscious awareness are seen as 'other.' You are on the right track when you speak of the 'whole me'. What can you experience and draw from that is not fundamentally you? The empiricist in you should learn to accept the truths drawn from radical subjectivity. Then learn to unify subject and object and you are nearing TRUTH.

Those that say dmt entities are aspects of yourself are correct. Those that say dmt entities are 'alien' and other to themselves are correct, but you must ask your self, what definition of self are we operating from? They can be completely other and separate from your conscious ego self and in that sense completely 'alien' intelligences from your normal everyday self. Yet even these are aspects of your true self. The self that is unified with God as God.

I didn't read all that, just the question in the title.

IMO it's your consciousness. Or collective consciousness.

awhh yeahh Mubalu is the wisest dmt entity! a good teacher, pal, god, whatever you need it becomes for the time to help the experience along. amazing creature.

asking the dmt god who he is would probably result in an emmense force pushing you towards the question of who YOU are before you can even see him again.

be silly it helps

Those that say dmt entities are aspects of yourself are correct. Those that say dmt entities are 'alien' and other to themselves are correct, but you must ask your self, what definition of self are we operating from? They can be completely other and separate from your conscious ego self and in that sense completely 'alien' intelligences from your normal everyday self. Yet even these are aspects of your true self. The self that is unified with God as God.

very well put.<3

LOL - Thanks for the responses so far - it seems that those who have an opinion seem to think the same way I do. My main experiences in the divine - whether it be self or other - have brought me to believe that there is only one being in the universe - we are all that being - and we experience our 'wholeness' from different perspectives at different times. I have certainly had the psychedelically induced experience of being the whole - the entire universe and everything in it. Shortly after that, it feels like I have fallen over a waterfall to the very bottom and I am the most minute fraction to which the universe can be divisible. This helps to keep my modesty in check, as after being all powerful, I am forced to embrace that I am the antithesis. The difficulty I sometimes have (if there really *is* only one entity) is looking up at the whole me, and feeling so insignificant that I cannot accept that I am really that big. I guess that means that I am humbled in my own presence. I guess that's a good thing..

Thanks guys.

I really hate to break it to you guys; but its actually me. :\

The problem with this question is that even if everyone experienced the EXACT same thing, everyone has a different way to explain it. This ranges from god to elves to aliens to parallel dimensions to the DMT king. Ask a christian, its god, ask a buddhist, its enlightenment or communing with a buddha, ask a pharmacologist, its a simple chemical reaction in your brain. before any christians/buddhists/pharmacologists come yelling, those were just examples.

I've only had one DMT experience, in which i broke through, and i never experienced any entities, at least i dont remember any, the experience was pretty damn intense. It could be that i wasnt expecting to see any, it could be that my first foray into DMT was just to test the water before communicating with anyone/thing, who knows. I'll be diving back in in the next weeks so i guess i'll find out soon enough :)

On high doses I see a face sometimes which i might think was god were I a christian... but it;s just big time hallucinations

On high doses I see a face sometimes which i might think was god were I a christian... but it;s just big time hallucinations

I find that on lower doses ot's more just hallucinations, but on the other side it is a universe that has nothing in common with this one. Hallucination tends also to imply an optical experience, but eyes don't really mean much when you're there. But I did have one experience (outside - in the daytime) when I could see with my eyes closed. A full 360 vision - all around me - and if I turned my body it did not change (like a video camera keeps the picture level if you twist it). I opened and closed my eyes several times to see if I was seeing accurately - with eyes open the colours changed a bit, but everything else was there - as raw energy - it had nothing to do with optical vision.

^Well, if you can see your own face in a mirror, and accept that as reality, why not the face of God- hallucination or not?

Okay, the King is not me, damnit. But I have experienced a lot of entity contact, as such, under DMT. Several stand out- having a four fingered, rather cliche, alien hand reach out to me; upon contact, we merged, and I then had the weird alien-hand. Another time, I experiecned pretty much overwhelming darkness, eyes open or closed until I notied 'reality' being stitched together, in the form of my girlfriend trying to sleep, by zillions tiny little insect-elves, and each insect elve was being stitched together by zilliions of other insect-elves. I presume the stitchers of the stichers were also being stitched. Probably the weirdest and most unexpected was when I was lost in a fractal wonderland, which apeared (behind closed eyes) to be away at some distance from me. After a moment, I relaised that there was SOMETHING in the foreground, and damned if it wasn't a line/infinite line of "machine elves"- speheres with faces and stripey bodies all dancing in front of me, giggling and basically saying "LOOK!!".

Though DPT has provided me with a much more extreme form of entity contact, but thats a topic for another thread.

Salvia is possibly the onlly psychedelic where I was actually in the company of distinct, discrete and ancient beings; I cannot even begin to explain how utterly real this was. Once again though, a tale for another thread.

It this me? Is this someone else?

Yes and yes.

We are all one.

Just throwing it out there....But the most likely explination is you were high as fuck from the drugs and it was all in your head.