• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Help! How do I avoid the munchies!

1. Smoke more or less. I tend to only get the munchies for medium doses.
2. Do not be in an environment where food is readily available.
3. Self control.
4. Exercise more.

merge this thread with marijuana and amphetamines :D

i find that eating right before you blaze helps. i may want a drink or something after, but its probably cause of cottonmouth

whoa

Last edited:
instead of lying on ur ass after smoking a blunt try lifting a weight or maybe excercise?!? then u can still eat what you want.

LOL, true.%) what he said^

Advice to OP:

Get off your ass and do some physical activity, or only eat good foods when fighting the munchies.

:|

Nah but seriously, theres only 3 real options.

1: Drink a cup of coffee, this always takes the edge of the munchies for me.
2: Like someone above stated eat a full meal before blazing, then drink some water to keep ya full.
3: Suck it the fuck up, and just dont eat.

yeah i usually do it when i know i wont get any food after , like school . . . .

other wise you could chew flavoured gum . Thats a good way .

Yeah, I've been gaining weight lately because I usually eat before smoking but then after I smoke I want to eat again and I don't really care about self control.

Though I am just gaining back weight after losing over 25 pounds in 2 months because of adderall abuse.

Last edited:
You can try drinking a shitton of water/herbal tea before and after you blaze. It makes it uncomfortable to eat after that. Or eat vegetables when you've got the munchies.

It's also not terribly hard to re-train yourself to not eat when high. Once you get out of the habit of eating after blazing you don't really miss it anymore. If you smoke at night, weight gain is a particular problem because you're eating a buffet right before you go to bed. If you don't want to continue to gain weight, definitely avoid late night eating.

I find munchin' on fruit gets rid of them munchies pretty quick for me. Also gets rid of that damned cottonmouth at the same time, 2 birds with one stone, tastes fantastic and is healthy! =D

Fuck it...I love the munchies. :)

May be bad, but I always like eating sour patch kids.

I have always had the munchies ever since I started smoking pot...For me, theres no way getting around it..

1. Smoke more or less. I tend to only get the munchies for medium doses.

It unavoidable for me. Once I took a resin hit, just to clear my bong. I ended up cleaning out my kitchen later.

Trying to avoid the munchies on weed would be like trying to eat on e. It's nearly impossible.

Try doing very intense strength training. Then eat all the (good) food you want. You'll get to indulge plus you'll get ripped.

I dunno if its beeen said already, but eat a big giant meal BEFORE you smoke. This will help with the munchies considerably....

I dunno if its beeen said already, but eat a big giant meal BEFORE you smoke. This will help with the munchies considerably....

I do this all the time and it works great. I find that when you eat after you smoke it kinda takes your high down a notch. Filling up on food before hand is a great way around this :D

It unavoidable for me. Once I took a resin hit, just to clear my bong. I ended up cleaning out my kitchen later.

Trying to avoid the munchies on weed would be like trying to eat on e. It's nearly impossible.

Try doing very intense strength training. Then eat all the (good) food you want. You'll get to indulge plus you'll get ripped.

Ionno about you, but I like to indulge in moist food in that state. That usually means sugary, not protein-loaded, food.

Eating 6 smaller healthy meals throughout the day instead of 3 large ones could help. It will keep your metabolism going to prevent hunger and you will have extra energy which could enhance your cannabis sessions.

Also if that fails, it all boils down to self control. Just distract yourself with a video game or something hands on. Avoid TV, all those commercials for food will probably make you give in ;)

Lastly, daily exercise (Even walking) will help

Haha! I know what you mean about gaining a lot of weight when smoking weed. Lately I've cut back my smoking to once or twice every 2-3 weeks, trying to stop altogether. Sober, I'll eat maybe one meal a day and have a few glasses of water-- keeping my weight at about 122-127lbs.

Every time I smoke and go on that insane munchie-binge and weigh myself the next day it's always upwards of 140lbs. I don't fucking get how 1 night can boost my weight like that, and I don't know how to avoid the shit happening either. My best advice is what's already been said: stick it out and don't eat or only eat healthy foods. Personally, I have this problem of stuffing myself with everything within reach in my kitchen, whether I've bought it or not. ...When I smoke people tend to get angry at me for eating all their food... =D

Eat before you smoke.
Eat healthy meals.
Drink green tea or lemon juice in water.
Exercise.
Don't smock too much.
Get out and about-be active.

have will power? lol. when i smoke and get the munchies and suddenly get hungry i just remember how i wasn't hungry at all 10 minutes ago and try to hold on to that thought

All the "have will-power" posts are just too obnoxious. The original poster reminds me of myself in that one of the things I most love about weed is that it tends to obliterate anxiety and worry -- which means it also tends to obliterate will-power. The two tend to go hand-in-hand for me. With the net effect that, although I generally smoke many miles from my house so that I don't have access to the kitchen and am thus unable to cram food down my gullet, when I am at home and have smoked the results are often devastating

Last night I ate a whole box of cereal. The real problem being that it was oat cereal, and I have celiac's disease. Oats aren't as bad for gluten-intolerant people as wheat and barley and rye are, so I'm hoping I don't break out in cystic acne and suffer from a roiling stomach for the days to come, but often following a binge in which I eat foods to which I'm allergic, such consequences do entail.

So, I advise going into each and every smoking session with an objective. Think to yourself, "Why am I smoking weed right now?" every single time before you smoke. If the reason is, "I'm bored," you need to get a life and find meaningful things to fill your time. Drugs should enhance life, not substitute for having a life.

As for me ... I smoke weed to enhance trance music. Or when I'm composing music of my own. Or when I want to walk outside and really, really just open up to nature and feel so good. Or sometimes (with mixed success) when writing fiction. Or to be at ease with friends. Not because I want to vegetate in front of the damn TV with a loaf of bread in one hand and a stick of butter in the other.