• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸CASE STUDIES - It could happen to YOU!⫷

you should post some good information informing people about Cotton Fever..

you should post some good information informing people about Cotton Fever..

Everybody is welcome to contribute to this thread as long as they post articles from legitimate sources (scientific journals, scholarly articles, etc), so feel free to do a search on 'cotton fever' and post your findings.

Guys, love the upkeep on the thread! Great work!

Glad to see rotting penises and the like are hopefully making ppl reconsider injecting shit that will do some nasty shit. None nastier than InvisibleEye's photo of a rotting penis I'm sure =D

Guys, love the upkeep on the thread! Great work!

Glad to see rotting penises and the like are hopefully making ppl reconsider injecting shit that will do some nasty shit. None nastier than InvisibleEye's photo of a rotting penis I'm sure =D

It's great to see the OP of this fine thread, and an excellent former Other Drugs moderator stop by to post in one of threads that has helped turn Bluelight and Other Drugs into the type of forum it is today. This thread is a prime example of why harm reduction is as important as it is for drug users, and why we do what we do here.

Just a thought... Because, once this information gets out, as it is now, people won't abuse these drugs in said manner.

People will still (ab)use these drugs in said manner. Who knows, maybe a few of the "careful"/hygenic junkies who are a bit more educated in all things IDU will take head and cease using pills like Subutex for injection. Same goes for such folks being more careful as to where they inject and prepare their drug(s) of the moment. However...

By and large, I can't help but think that most people who are down with the needle, and have been for long periods of time, especially those with habits to feed and/or those who live in less than hygenic enviroments, like on the street, I doubt such info would make any significant difference. Maybe I'm jaded, but, still, I can't help but tend to think that such info wouldn't even get to a lot of these "other" folks to begin with.

Who knows...

What I do know for certain? This is a BOMB thread. So much wonderful reading, and I actually get something that is very positive in a very real, practical way from this than I do from other threads, on other forums (such as opiophile's pics of gear thread :\ ;)).

Love it! Keep up the great work gals/uys!! <3

God, that picture still makes me nauseated and cringe. Just another driving point to not IM pills...especially in that region lol.

no kidding. when i miss like 1 unit of a shot i cry like a baby. its terrible.
i feel absolutely awful for that man. this just sums it up, its never been more true, be safe when IV using. way better safe than sorry.

no kidding. when i miss like 1 unit of a shot i cry like a baby. its terrible.
i feel absolutely awful for that man. this just sums it up, its never been more true, be safe when IV using. way better safe than sorry.

Thanks for bumping this thread with this contribution. Don't you mean 10 units?

well, 10 units is probably more practical to say, but what i was getting at is that you know, right away (immediately) when you miss. it hurts, burns, and itches like none other.

I don't IV, generally, but I got my body so full of scars and malformations it's weird how it can get like this.

Mainly from scratch to the bone with the weird kind of opiods, and repeat, and also from a few major stimulant psychosis. You wouldn't believe how much I took, I still to this day don't really know...
Anyway it looks like shit, all over the body and it's for life.

Goddamn that pic is nasty 8o . The only people i have seen resort to shooting up into their dick where all IV coke users. Coke is probably the most commonly IVed drug where i live followed by dilaudid and morphine. I did more damage to my veins from a few weeks of IV coke use then i did with 3 years of IV opiate use. I get some pretty nasty pills such as MScontins and hydromorph contins so i have to be extra careful when shooting those things. Thankfully i haven't had any complications despite 3 years of IV drug use. If i ever got so bad that i started shooting into me cock id fucking well go to detox or get on methadone.

This is a great thread due to needle fixation I iv 200mg a day oxy and 50mg Ritalin ir , there's no reason iv oxy its got. No rush and lasts less time im gonna do my best to convert bk to eatin oxy and rit as I have to eat valium GABA pentin and concerta as it is so no excuse ,I know h will still be iv but this thread has opened my eyes totally thanks =)

DO NOT shoot up in your dick. Ive done it, alot...

Fuck shit I just saw that pic. Fuck. Im gonna have to re-evaluate cost-risk of the femoral artery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Inhalation Abuse of Fentanyl Patch

A 36-year-old male scraped the contents from a fentanyl patch... He was observed by his girlfriend to take one inhalation from the makeshift pipe and then collapse....
The patient has since expired from a subsequent inhalation session.

I have been an opiate addict for 6 or 7 years now (H for the last year...) and have a sky-high tolerance....pretty much the only 2 opiates i never tried is dilaudid and fentanyl. In the 'case report' i am referencing (its an old one..on page 2..from 6/16/09 titled "Inhalation Abuse of Fentanyl Patch) ...the guy OD'd from ONE (1!) lungful of smoke from a patch. Now, the fact that this guy scraped the patch, used aluminum foil, etc, etc...i am assuming he had *some* level of opiate experience and tolerance.... is fentanyl THAT strong to where ONE hit can make someone OD?? and since ONE hit did THAT..will further assume that when he fatally OD'd...probably wasn't that many more hits past the 1st one. Again..have never tried it and do not know a whole lot about it other than is incredibly strong. but WOW...1 hit = OD in this guy?? thats crazy

Also curious....what type of opiate is fentanyl? i mean...Oxycontin is oxycodone, Opana is oxymorphone, Dilaudid is hydromorphone, etc, etc ....what kind of 'done' or 'phone' or whatever is fentanyl?

Fentanyl is fentanyl. Im sure someone caan give you the chem breakdown on it, but as for smoking the contents of a patch you have to remember its meant to be absorbed slowly thru the skin for 72hrs. If he squeezed the entire patch he could have easily inhaled it in one hit and od even from the smallest dose of the 4 diff dose patches. I smoked a decent amount of these actually, and when i would i would only sueeze out a bb sized dot on the foil. I dont think they make the gel patches anymore,, could be wrong. I remember going to rehab the first time and when i said i smoked that in addition to everything else i was doing and the rehab ladies looked at me shocked like i had 3 heads or something lol.

Its like the equivilent of smoking the crack of opiates, hits you instantly. So yea im not surprised he died like that.

Also curious....what type of opiate is fentanyl? i mean...Oxycontin is oxycodone, Opana is oxymorphone, Dilaudid is hydromorphone, etc, etc ....what kind of 'done' or 'phone' or whatever is fentanyl?

As 'medicine cabinet' stated, fentanyl is fentanyl. What you posted were the generic and name brand drug names of particular drugs. There are a few brand names of fentanyl preparations such as the Actiq fentanyl lollipops, and the patches are from a few brands I think, but the common name is Duragesic. Nobody really calls them anything other than fentanyl lollipops or fentanyl patches though, and I've actually never heard them called by those brand names, but people that are prescribed them or abuse them a lot are probably familiar with those names.

Oh. My. Dear. God. The picture of that guy's penis is absolutely horrific. Poor guy. :( A friend of mine couldn't find a vein and I JOKINGLY told him to shoot in his penis vein. He actually did it and missed a good portion of the shot. Luckily he ended up being OK aside from having a giant lump on his penis for almost a week. I can totally see how shooting there could go wrong so quickly though. I was considering shooting in my femoral but I'm definitely not interested after reading/seeing this. Great harm reduction thread!!

This thread is so informative. This is the kind of information that can potentially save lives for people considering using drugs iv. It does not matter if you are a long term user or new, it can happen anytime. Great job on getting this information out there! Using the shock factor of pictures makes the reality of the consequence so much greater.

Great thread. Man I'm glad I found this site when I did...

My dog just started IV'ing, and this is great to reinforce the potential harms. Even following proper safety procedures it is dangerous enough, but this makes me want to tell my dog never to IV anything like sub. or 'done.

They do still make gel patches. I wear a 100mcg Fentanyl patch, changed every 72 hours.

Fortunately, any hint of playing around with the contents has been most effectively squashed by the HR-minded folks here.