• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Can't afford wisdom teeth removal!

comptonking

Bluelighter
My wisdom teeth are coming in and i can see them and they hurt like a bitch, but i dont have dental, I'm going to go get a consultation tuesday but whats the best thing that can happen? I know i have to wait and see but anyone with similar experiences? Did you get pain killers before your actual surgery? is there anything else i can do?

usually the dentist can put you on a payment plan. good luck

If your teeth are impacted, waiting will only make you miserable. Agree with Mehm. Maybe other people have solutions to offer as well.

Busty St Claire is a dentist and he says people are always coming in for dental work and then just not paying.

ahhh i dont know my friend, but i need mine out too, they hurt! how old are you?

My wisdom teeth are coming in and i can see them and they hurt like a bitch, but i dont have dental, I'm going to go get a consultation tuesday but whats the best thing that can happen? I know i have to wait and see but anyone with similar experiences? Did you get pain killers before your actual surgery? is there anything else i can do?
You are given a local anaesthetic prior to removal.

It is best to have them removed, if there is not much space for them to come through they will give you a lot of trouble, and also push and compact the rest of your teeth. Some people have small size gums and they don't fit all their teeth in.
Wisdom teeth make it difficult to clean in that position too, and they are of too much use to you! The molars are important for you need them to crash food with!!!

You are best to discuss this with the dentist though who will give you the best advise, after seen the condition of your gums. It is always best to get a second opinion, but I guess you can't even affort the first opinion at present.
Is there a public dental hospital where they don't charge much?

Last edited:
my lady's in the same sitch' ~

just be wary of jumping straight into it ... they told me I needed them out and the pain passed ~ sometimes you don't REALLY need them out

also, ask about the alternative of getting one of you molars out ... this is cheaper, less intense experience and lets your wizzy's fill the gap

I had my wisdom teeth out last November. Since then the headaches have stopped. It was extremely expensive, but I am happy to have them out. I remember when my sister was 17 she had hers out. They gave her a fucking valium prior to surgery. She has never experimented with drugs, and was pretty much coherent the entire time she had the surgery. She said she wanted to cry, but was to nervous to say anything. I,however, asked to have my surgery at the hospital. I was knocked out the entire time, and it wasn't too bad of an experience.

^^^Since then the headaches have stopped.<<<Yap, most wisdom teeth are so close to the main nerve, that at times are touching it and compress it, that can produce all kinds of neuralgic pain and other discomforts. If they give you problems best to remove them.

hey man...same thing happened to me...look up local schools of dentistry, and call them and explain your situation! they are much more likely to be sympathetic to your situation than a commercial dentist...that is, if you don't mind going under the knife of a dental student! haha for me it worked out fine though, no worries...

lol that's great advice!
i got my wisdom teeth removed a few months ago and man did it suck. During the procedure they couldn't really get it out so it took them like 40 minutes. When I got home the bleeding started and that was even worse. The bleeding wouldn't stop and went down in my stomach. Eventually I couldn't handle it anymore and started puking all the blood out. If you saw me then, you probably thought i was dying.

I was like "they aren't gonna reuse that syring... awww"

Do people all over the world need them removed or is it a white people thing?

Maybe try going to a dental school. They usually have oral surgery suites where the students do their residency. It's a lot cheaper than going to a private oral surgeon.

If your wisdom teeth are impacted, it is best to have the IV sedation/twilight. Although this may cost more, it is well worth it.

What can happen if you choose to do nothing? If the teeth are growing in at an angle (most common with the 2 lowers), they can cause the molar in front of them to get a large cavity. As previously stated, they can also cause massive amounts of pressure and cause the teeth in front to shift and become crooked over time. If all 4 wisdom teeth come in straight, then the only concerns are keeping them clean. I frequently see gum infections and cavities on 3rd molars due to lack of hygiene.

Make sure to get Xrayed. A panoramic film can determine the position, how close they are to the nerve, whether they are fully developed, and if you have more or less than 4 wisdom teeth. Uncommom to see 5+, but I have seen it.

My wisdom teeth are growing completely parallel to my jaw...like sideways and into my teeth. LOL I'm so lucky teeth are not compacted, but they don't hurt. Every dentist has told me that I should get them removed. Whatever....33 years old and they're still there. Finally, I found a dentist who said as long as they don't hurt, it doesn't need to be done.

Oh, and for the OP: There are 2 big dental financial companies that do dental financing, but your bank may also give you a small loan.

I had it done; not a big deal, but yes, expensive.

That indian dentist video was disgusting...