• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Pancreatitis

johnprice4real

Greenlighter
just got news from the doc telling me that i am suffering from chronic pancreatitis. very scared might have to do surgery on me to remove part of it. I dont drink and the only thinkg I do (and have been doing for about a year now) is take OC 80's. a couple a day prescribed for a back ailment. Anyway I am wondering (and so is the doc) if it is the OC that has cause my pancreatitis. I know some drugs can cause the condition. Wondering if anyone else suffers from the disease and can link OC to it. Thanks for any help. Good luck and god bless I am JohnPrice4Real guys. Dont front. Just dont front. Tootles. Tootle ewwwwwww :(

The main cause of this is alcohol abuse. Not sure what caused yours...but if it's chronic....it's pretty serious.

Just do what the doctor tells you

Be prepared for the fact that you will likely have to have surgery. Also know that type 1 diabetes is a possible result of pancreatitis

ummm not to scare you or anything but pancreatitis is fucking serious. my mom died from pancreatitis due to alcoholism just last jan. its very slow and very painful and often can not be corrected in time. i would listen to your doctors and take every messure possible or else it will be quite painful

My mother has had pancreatitis since 1998 and I have been very involved in caring for her...

She started on Norco 10-325 for about 6 months, was no where close to controlling pain (my first opiate experience, taking 2 out of her bottle when I was 17)

She was then upgraded to percocet 10-325 which was slightly better for pain control (she was a complete opiate newbie when this all started)

Finally she was given Demerol, both orally and intravenously. This was the only medication successfully controlling her pain but she would often wait all day to take some because she insisted she could not successfully work on it (although she'd drive from time to time). I only tried this once, in pill form.

Fed up with all this, I finally got her to try marijuana. She'd obviously smoked from rare time to time back in the day, but nothing comparable to OG Kush. Within a few puffs she went from th fetal position (her pain threshold is so high, seeing her sick somtimes in this position was humbling) to leaning over and touching her toes smiling.

Be prepared for intense midsection pain if it is indeed severe. Pain in the stomach that radiates into the mid back. She had several whippit and other standard procedures (including one far away at the UWisconsin special treatment [and we are from Los Angeles]).

Feel free to PM me if you want to ask specific questions. This was/has been a huge part of my life as well, in helping her manage.

-BD

My mother has had pancreatitis since 1998 and I have been very involved in caring for her...
-BD

I am sorry to hear about this I am glad the Kush is working for her. My question is could the OC 80'S i took for my back the cause of my pancreatitis? Anybody have any thoughts on this?

I've never seen anything indicating that opiates can cause pancreatitis

The medications reported to cause it are:

AIDS drugs DDI and pentamidine, diuretics such as furosemide and hydrochlorothiazide, the chemotherapeutic agents L-asparaginase and azathioprine, and estrogen

If one of the most widely prescribed pain medications could cause it, it would be big news.

pancreatitis+_____=?????

so my friend was recently hospitalized for pancreatitis(6 days she got out last wednesday) and is already started partying again. as her friends we do not support this but she is dead centered on continuing her drug usage no mater what the doctor says. are there any drugs interact with this condition and if so what ways. our goal is to steer her away from her krutch but we have no facts or much information on this. any information would be of great help as we wish to reduce as much harm as possible.

Yeah the oxycodone had nothing to do with it. It is not hard on the pancreas at all.

I have chronic pancreatitis.
1. Alcohol is the biggest reason for it, but there are other reasons. Mine is pancreatic divisum, a genetic abnormality.

2. If they take the WHOLE pancreas, you will have Type 2 Diabetes, and will be insulin dependent the rest of your life. It could happen losing the body or tail, but is individual specific.

3. Any drug dependence can cause it. I worked with someone at a methadone clinic a couple of years ago that almost died from it. Being redundant, the person was addicted to opiates.

Unsafe drug use or a history of it can cause pancreatitis. There is an autoimmune variant of the illness so any combination of problems can cause pancreatitis to rear its ugly head.

I have a history of drinking pretty heavily, over 10 years ago. Did that contribute to my CP? Who knows, but probably. I have multiple other problems, I had RNY gastric bypass 7 years ago, I'm on a lot of meds. I think the combination of issues caused high Lipase, AST, ALT and alkaline phosphatase levels every time I have blood drawn.

I just thought I'd clarify as well as share some personal experiences.