• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

30mg Of codeine phosphate (Opiates)

xtrailer

Bluelighter
I was prescribed a bottle of 30 mg pills of codeine phosphate. I was wondering what is a safe dose to recreationally take it in order to fully appreciate its effects. I am a first time user and totally inexperienced on this and hopes someone out there is able to provide advice.

SWIMming and drugs is dangerous!

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest (coming from someone who has done bucketloads of codeine/dihydrocodeine), I'd suggest 4 pills to get a decent buzz without worrying too much about the paracetamol/acetaminophen/etc. Try this, and see how you go.

You'll like it :)

it says on the bottle codiene phosphate...u mean it contains other stuff like paracetamol and aceaminophen?

btw thanks so much for the reply

Generally, most prescribed opiates contain an NSAID (non steroidal anti inflammatory), both to aid the intended purpose of the medication, and to prevent abuse - hence why over the counter painkillers generally have around 10mg of codeine and paracetamol/acetaminophen, to prevent anyone from being able to take enough to get high without doing themselves serious damage.

If they do have something other than codeine, you can also do a cold water extraction to separate the codeine and the NSAID, but given that you're a first-timer and they're 30mg tablets, you don't really need to.

They might just be codeine though, which is even better!

If they're just codeine, with nothing else, then you can push it a bit more, as there's no risk of damage to your liver from the paracetamol/etc. Codeine can make you pretty itchy, so taking an antihistamine before not only relieves this, but makes the codeine come on a little stronger.

As always though, don't be silly, try 4 tablets and you should get a pretty decent buzz. Then just use your brain from there if you want to try again.

if you have no/low tolerance to opiates i would say take 120 to 150mg depending on ur size... and theres no point redosing... so don't... you have to wait to have come down to try a higher dose if the initial one wasn't enough... and try to wait long between dosing or else tolerance builds AMAZINGLY fast...

oh and taking an anti histamine as mentioned above is a good idea.. it will add to the nod too

promethazine or diphenhydramine or better hydroxyzine (this is often only prescription though)

Make sure you take the Antihistamine after the effects of the Codeine start to become apparent though as some Antihistamines (e.g. Diphenhydramine) inhibit the enzyme responsible for metabolizing Codeine into Morphine.

Why the fuck are you using 'SWIM'?... Especially considering theres nothing illegal about what your asking if its a script.

Yes, please refrain from using the term "SWIM". Doesn't protect you from anything and as puck said, you've nothing that you need to protect yourself from.

ok guys thanks...what about popping 4(30mg pure) pills and a benzo(xanax 1mg) will it help?

dont have those anti histamins like u mentioned and would probably have to drive to town for a good pharmacy

It might make you nod more, but I personally wouldn't do it. I'd hate for the alprazolam to cloud the opiate high.

(Banned)

SRS BSNS: Next time you try Codeine/opiates, I'd recommend having anti-histamines on hand for the itchiness.

^^makes sense, thats why i could get high of 600+mg of codeine.. i weigh 103kg, phatassss ;)

^^^the lethel limit on codeine is 800mg....u could really be dead...^^^

i'd just stick to under 120mg for a start....4 pills....

just wondering for those who tried codeine...will u get addicted? i mean will u crave that buzz sooo bad that makes you wanna keep doing it day after day?

just wondering for those who tried codeine...will u get addicted? i mean will u crave that buzz sooo bad that makes you wanna keep doing it day after day?

Eventually you will experience some dependence if you use daily, though the w/d is relatively mild. Take it from me, back when nurofen was splittable I was using 400mg+ daily for at least 6 months. Compared to w/d from vicodin or habitual benzo use, codeine w/d is really timid.

i've done quite a shit ton of those. for a first time user i'de say about 5-6 of them to get you pretty fried. once i was doing them so much that i used to take like 14-15 of them along with about 8 darvocet-N's. talk about some of the shittiest opioids/opiates. it's all i could get but hey, they get me high, so i take em. but yeah 4 is a little low. personally i started out doing 6. and that was when i got out of 90-day treatment, so my tolerance was zapped. but i dont do them anymore because the shit side-effects that come with the tylenol in it i don't feel is worth it.

so as a first time user...should i take 4 or 6???

and any morning after effect? i took remeron once and felt like the flu the next day

Be careful.........you may like it and you may also have the 'addictive parking space' in your brain. Before you know it you're an ope addict.