• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Recommend a quality tv show

satricion

Bluelighter
Hi all, I lurk on this board but never post...

Anyway, I have no tv shows to watch! I don't have a tv so I just download everything I watch, which is fine but means I'm kind of out of touch.

My favourite tv shows have been The Sopranos and The Wire. Both are enormously well written, the acting is great and they have a real intelligence to them, with long running plotlines and extremely well drawn characters. This is the kind of thing I'm looking for. I've also been a fan of Six Feet Under, and I thought Deadwood was pretty well written as well.

So I've finished The Wire and now I have nothing to watch. What other well written tv shows out there that have those long running plotlines and the quality of character development that Sopranos or The Wire had?

I haven't seen it but I hear that if you like The Wire, Breaking Bad is pretty good.

Yeah, I don't know if anything really meets the standard of The Sopranos and The Wire but I agree that Breaking Bad is pretty damned awesome.

I also really enjoyed John Adams... I think you might have to be sort of a nerd to really enjoy that though. I like watching Mad Men as well.

i second the west wing - one of my favourite shows of all time.

i recommend the tudors. it's set in a very interesting, extremely important period of english history and it's very well made also, there have been only 3 seasons so far so it's not a huge commitment.

alasdair

The Big Bang Theory

watch it from the first season or you won't grow fond of specific characters.

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot! I've seen most of Oz (it got shit in the last two seasons imho) and I'm watching the Tudors at the moment. I think the Tudors is a little trashy, but I still like it and the writers obviously have some awesome historical characters and events to work with.

Breaking Bad looks awesome, I'll definitely check that out.

I started watching Mad Men but only got about five episodes in before I gave up. I thought that once you stripped away the 1950s sexism and the outfits it was kind of boring. Does it get better?

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot! I've seen most of Oz (it got shit in the last two seasons imho) and I'm watching the Tudors at the moment. I think the Tudors is a little trashy, but I still like it and the writers obviously have some awesome historical characters and events to work with.

Breaking Bad looks awesome, I'll definitely check that out.

I started watching Mad Men but only got about five episodes in before I gave up. I thought that once you stripped away the 1950s sexism and the outfits it was kind of boring. Does it get better?

If you like Tudors, you will probably like Kings.

Oh, and I second Big Bang Theory. Amazing, hilarious show.

^+1! If you're looking for amazingly well-written comedy, this is where it's at. :)

Edit: I thought of another drama: Twin Peaks. If you don't mind strange quirky sort of sci-fi sort of fantasy sort of tongue-n-cheek 'soap opera'. Man, you really cannot describe that show correctly, lol. Anyway, it was pretty good too. :)

^+1! If you're looking for amazingly well-written comedy, this is where it's at. :)

Edit: I thought of another drama: Twin Peaks. If you don't mind strange quirky sort of sci-fi sort of fantasy sort of tongue-n-cheek 'soap opera'. Man, you really cannot describe that show correctly, lol. Anyway, it was pretty good too. :)

I thought twin peaks was amazingly good until half way through the second season when it turned into days of our lives...

The_Corner.jpg

from the creator of the wire.