Bluelight

Thread: Petroleum Ether - Where To Find It?

1. Collapse Details
    Petroleum Ether - Where To Find It? 
    Hey, me and my friends are interested in following the instructions in the anarchist cookbook to homemake some LSD this summer. It all seems pretty straight forward except for one thing. Where are we supposed to find 130cc of petroleum ether? In case you aren't familiar with the recipe, its right here.

http://home.scarlet.be/comicstrip/anarcook/lsd.htm

Any suggestions? Where do you guys find it?

Thanks in advance!

2. Collapse Details

^That would be LSA, which although is similar to LSA in structure doesn't mean it provides the same effects because it's not the same compound.

Therefore you can find extraction methods of LSA on this website that will work better without that much work.

LSA:

LSD:

3. Collapse Details

My god that book is so full of shit 0.o.

I'd have thought LSA would be more soluble in a polar solvent like water anyways (ethanol would be a good bet ).

4. Collapse Details

Uh...

Right then, could you point me to this thread then please? Me and my friends just want to have a good time

5. Collapse Details

Erowid.org and Bluelight.ru are your friends, not Anarchist Cook Book

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=373027

Everything you want should be in there

6. Collapse Details

Try searching around the internets yourself

7. Collapse Details

Bluelight is my friend, shall always keep that in mind.

Thank you!

8. Collapse Details

never listen to the anarchist cook book.... its full of shit...

if your interested in learning the chemistry behind making certain things consult the rhodium archives.... Also pick up a copy of Pihkal and Tihkal by the Shulgins... The chemistry and certain excerpts about the various compounds are available through erowid...

**note: if any talk of rhodium/hive archives is not permitted i will feel no problems with this post being edited.... i posted it merely because it is a wonderful source of information to those with an interest in learning what actually goes into making some of these compounds we all know and love...

your working with LSA in that case, which is active and some people enjoy it but there are far easier ways to trip on lsa.

Get the seeds you want, morning glory/Hawaiian baby woodrose, grind them up but down down to a powder, just break them down a bit... and throw them in a glass of cold water for like an hour in the fridge. Filter out seed remains and drink... If you feel nauseous, then puke and you will feel better....

or just find some LSD, it should not be that difficult.... The Dead are on tour, acid is flowing like the fucking Nile river.... Its festival/burner season as well.... Its summer and ravers are out in full force....

More or less back in like November-January my state had no LSD at all... or at least no one was selling it, this lasted until like April when the dead went on tour.... not even a few weeks later, everyone has access to more acid than they could ever afford.....

9. Collapse Details

haha, I remember doing this kind of shit.

You'll be able to extract LSA from morning glory seeds but I think if you go looking into actual synthesis procedures for LSD you'll find yourself way over your head. It's something only a skilled chemist can do.

Anyone remember that recipe for making LSD from Foster's beer??

10. Collapse Details

Does that really work? Throwing them into the glass and letting it sit? You trip?

11. Collapse Details

^It's that easy.

I recommended 3-4 shots of Pepto before hand

It's called Cold Water Extraction, some people have used High Proof Alcohol too and other various methods as well.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic M View Post
    Does that really work? Throwing them into the glass and letting it sit? You trip?
    yup... LSA is active orally.. and naturally occuring in seeds...

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsa/lsa.shtml

^^that will start you off with some basic reading into it...

but yea they the active chemicals are water soluble, so you just kind of crush the seeds down a bit and toss them in a glass of cold water....

iirc cold water is used because the active chemicals are still pretty soluble in cold water while the other chemicals that cause nausea in them are less soluble in cold water. So you can do that and filter out the seed bits and just drink it....

I would suggest distilled water, i am not sure how structurally sound the LSA molecule is but if it behaves like LSD, the chlorine in tap water could destroy active chemicals...

Also make sure to have untreated seeds before you do this, some manufacturers dont want us to have fun with seeds so they coat them in chemicals, but its also a bit to keep pest away...

I have never done it, but as with most things like this i would expect the water to taste like ass...

theoretically one could probably extract the active chemicals and dose like that but i have never really even seen LSA measured in mg, generally it goes by the number of seeds used and the species of plant your using....

Bluelight is my friend, shall always keep that in mind.

Thank you!
    and bluelight is a wonderful source of information....

As you may have noticed pretty much everything from my mention of the LSA erowid vault to the rhodium archives and the chemistry portion of Pihkal and Tihkal are all on erowid...

erowid is probably one of the best sources for information on many of the psychoactive drugs and plants... The only things you will not find are some really obscure designer drugs...
    Last edited by jamaica0535; 07-06-2009 at 07:03.

13. Collapse Details

Well, thank you to all who posted in this thread. If nothing else, its relieving that I don't have to go through that entire recipe that was probably created sometime in the 80s, shit has been synthesized since then clearly. This should be fun, thanks!

EDIT: One last question, what is the point of extracting if you can just crush and swallow?

14. Collapse Details

^Reduction of side effects such as nausea and you don't have to endure the taste.

15. Collapse Details

Well, thank you to all who posted in this thread. If nothing else, its relieving that I don't have to go through that entire recipe that was probably created sometime in the 80s, shit has been synthesized since then clearly. This should be fun, thanks!

EDIT: One last question, what is the point of extracting if you can just crush and swallow?
    LSA has been around for probably longer than the human race.....

there is no need to synth it, nature does that for us....

It probably could be synthed but why would you want to....

Well with the cold water extraction vs. Chewing and eating them...

your dealing with something that although it will probably taste bad, you can just pour it down your throat in one go. While eating them your going to have to eat a lot of not so appetizing seeds....

Also the seeds contain chemicals in them that will cause nausea, breaking them up into little pieces, throwing into cold distilled water, filtering out seed bits, and drinking your consuming much less of the chemicals that will cause nausea....

more or less your trying your best to reduce the side effects as much as possible...

as someone else said, take a bit of pepto beforehand....

16. Collapse Details

Never trust anything in the anarchist cookbook.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jamaica0535 View Post

or just find some LSD, it should not be that difficult.... The Dead are on tour, acid is flowing like the fucking Nile river.... Its festival/burner season as well.... Its summer and ravers are out in full force....

More or less back in like November-January my state had no LSD at all... or at least no one was selling it, this lasted until like April when the dead went on tour.... not even a few weeks later, everyone has access to more acid than they could ever afford.....
    You just made my balls tingle :]

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by .Felix. View Post
    You just made my balls tingle :]
    yea, its going to be a good fucking summer.....

high quality LSD is everywhere....

and god damn the molly and beans.... highest quality stuff i have ever taken has been this summer....

19. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Questions answered. In the future, you can find information quicker usually by using Bluelight's search engine, or checking the Best of PD page (it has links to threads for each substance and some other topics also)

And of course, when you do your own research about drugs on the Internet, you learn a whole lot more.

Also, you asked about the ether... source discussion is not allowed on Bluelight, even for stuff like that. So we don't talk about that.