• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Detailed Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) Ingestion Methods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd really like to see some of the people who are swearing by iv try plugging. It seems just about everyone who has tried both feels plugging is almost as good and has the added benefits of being MUCH safer, leaves no marks and lasts longer.

I've tried snorting many times but as I've said it's a totally different feeling; it gives me energy and a brighter outlook. Def a good way to go if you're about to leave the house. But for euphoria, plugging is the way to go.

I haven't tried under the tongue. Since oral bioavailability is so low, is it even worth trying?

As far as temperature goes, I've plugged a million times and temperature hasn't seemed to make a difference. Warm water is better for dissolving the pills, although I have read that hot water might have a negative effect on opiates, maybe someone with knowledge of this can chime in.

The only thing I can say affects the high is taking it on an empty stomach does seem to increase effects.

For a while I thought using as little water as possible also helped, since the first time I used less than usual I got an intense rush, but further experiments have not bourne this out; I think I just got lucky that time.

Speaking of which, I am trying to figure out why sometimes I get a good rush and sometimes double my normal dose does nothing. Personally, I think it's probably because sometimes I'm injecting into the rectum in "just the right spot" and sometimes I miss; after all, it's hard to be precise when you're shoving a syringe you can't see up your arse and probaby insert it to a slightly different spot every time, not to mention angle of delivery and pump pressure.

I'd really like to hear someone with good knowledge of where the "butt veins" we're aiming for are.

^^ i dont know much about plugging and only tried it once (with oxycodone and i am sorta upset that i didnt try plugging with the morphine or hydromorphone that i have had within the last few weeks) but....

i think the lack of rush or whatever differences you notice from anal dose to dose could be do to what is in your intestines. do you only plug after a dump? i dunno maybe you have thought about this but that is what would make the most sense to me instead of thier being some sort of rectal "sweet spot"

Yeah I do my best to make sure the "flight deck is empty" before I plug. So I don't know what else it can be. The blood vessels in the rectum have to be in one place, so it has to be possible to miss the target. I just don't know what the tolerances are. Maybe someone can find a diagram!

Your colon absorbs water from the feces. Its the absorptions of water that helps you absorb the drug when you plug it.

So are you saying more water is better? That mixing our pills with 6ml gives a better chance for good absorbtion than 3ml? I don't religously measure the water I use so I def use more sometimes than others; in practice I can't say I've noticed a difference.

In another forum someone suggested mixing in a little baking soda. Any comments on this?

I think a moderate amount of water is best. Too much water and it wont stay put. Too little water and it will get dry and wont absorb. It wont absorb well in its dry state. It only absorbs as the colon is absorbing water, so I would use at least most of the syringe full of water, or maybe half? I dont know....anyone have more experience?

I took my Anatomy and Physiology and was going to go into medicine myself, with an emphasis on holistic medicine but a hybrid east-west approach. Ive had to drop all my classes though due to a severe auto-immune condition....but yeah, you want enough fluid to completely dissolve the pills but not so much that it wont stay put.

Would it be worth plugging a small amount of plain water right before using the opiate mixture? Skin is more absorbant when wet, any chance a similar thing might happen with the blood vessels in the rectum?

Would it be worth plugging a small amount of plain water right before using the opiate mixture? Skin is more absorbant when wet, any chance a similar thing might happen with the blood vessels in the rectum?

You can just add in extra water with what you're already planning on plugging...wouldn't that work?

if my theory has any validity, then irrigating the rectum prior to administration would make more sense - it would make the skin more absorbent and sort of "prep" you for the drugs- something you'd want to do before you actually administer the opiates.

I have had prolly every different hydromorphone pill there is in Canada at one point and I have found that IV is the best method by far.

I find people who are used to sniffing Oxys will not get the high they expect when they buy a hydromorphone pill. Unless you IV it.

I dont have a whole lot if tolerance, but even just regular oral administration puts me in a real nice place. Better than Oxycodone + morphine.

lots of dilaudid, only one way to ingest it without wasting it! IV!

Ok I know that I just jumped into this conversation but I have had tons of experience with hydromorphone (dilaudid) and the ONLY way to ingest it is intervenes, trust me before I IVed anything I had stockpiles of dilaudid and used to take it orally and snort it but after I IVed it I wished I shot up years before, I know that sounds bad but I'm so serious, any other way is wasting it, the buzz is NOTHING compared to the rush from injecting it!! But be safe, it will kill you in small doses! Be safe all, peace!

I don't think suggesting people IV pills and then telling them to "be safe" really works.

With dilaudid, you can eat, sniff or plug them and be safe. Eating them really does very little so basically this should be the "hydromorphone sniff & plug" thread.

I've been plugging Morphine every day for the past 6 months. A few rules of thumb are:
1. wait at least 3 hrs after taking a dump. If theres too much moisture in the intestine, it seems to interfere with absorbtion.
2. I use about 10 drops water in the syringe. I've been adding a little more water, it seems to help the mix. I used to use 8 drops, now I use 10. There definitly is a 'right amount' of water to use. I had to experiment a little.
3. insert half way in seems to be the best distance to go.
4. If I 'hit something' in there I back off a bit or I may shoot it into 'something' waiting to come out and it will not be available anymore to get absorbed
5. If I pull out and the syringe is covered with muck, I probably will not get very high. It is mixed in with too much you know what.
Good facts but sorry to eveyone for the 'visuals'

I agree with Thedankaholic that heat reduces the potency of D, its the same with OC's. I have only used generic white diaudid and I heard the yellow ones were better for shooting because they dissolve very easily and completely. The whites ones turn into a pretty nasty mixture it you crush them up and try to dissolve them. not much dissolves in the first place and its all foamy. This may not work with certain preparations of dilaudid but it worked very well with the generic ones I used. The ones I had, which if I remeber correctly had an M and a 4 on them didn't have a coating or a time release. I would just put them in the spoon, add some water thats around body temp and wait at least 10 mins. They get very soft but maintain their pill form. if you swallow them afterwards you'll realize they've broken down very thoroughly but the water around the pills stays clear, which is much better than looking like milk that just came out of a blender. based on the rush and how the pill is mushy inside and out i'm confident saying that you can get a high amount of the D to seep out. again, this might not work with brand name dilaudid or other generics but it worked very well when i tried it.

I just Ived 8mg for the first time, good rush. What dose would you say compares to a good bag of #4 powder heroin? This is my first time with hydromorphone and I have 3 more 4mg pills left so I'm wondering what the equivalent is.

Does anyone have any real numbers or estimates for absorption of oral vs sub-lingual vs snorting?

^

Hydromorphone-- 5-8 times as potent as morphine, intranasal- 52.4%, Rectal administration 33% ,Oral-30-35%,

That is from the Bioavailability/Halflife Megathread and it can be found here or in the OD Directory. Its very handy

Status
Not open for further replies.