• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Detailed Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) Ingestion Methods

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDankaholic

Bluelighter
Ok I see so many posts about "Whats the best way to ingest Hydromorphone (Dilaudid)", "Can I plug this", "Can I snort this", "Do I have to shoot this" etc. threads that involve Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) constantly. As a chronic pain patient and a RN in a hospital I have a lot of experience with Hyrdromorphone. Just recently I have dropped my Fentanyl dose down due to weird side effects of higher doses of it & in return my Dr. has raised my Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) dose to 4mg, 6 X Daily (180 Tablets a month). So I figure who better to outline what has worked for me and what hasn't

I personally don't take huge doses to get "high" or for recreational purposes. I'm only goinbg to outline what has worked for me the best for analgesia. I'm sure if you increased these dosages or were opiate naive you would probably get "high" off of my dose instead of just getting pain management. I have been on Hydromorphone for almost a year now, starting off at 100 2mg's a month, to 100 4mg's a month, & now at 180 4mg's a month. So I've tried ingesting these many different ways and I'd like to clea rup this cloud of misconception out there that the only worthwhile way to ingest these is to IV them. YES IVing them is a whole different ball game, but it sure isn't the only way they work! In short I've been on Hydropmorphone as well as every other strong opiate under the sun for pain management & hands down Hydromorphone is my absolute favorite in terms of analgesia and even euphoria to a certain extent.

Method#1: Oral Ingestion
Tools Needed: Nothing except some Hydromorphone pills.

Instructions:
This is probably the method with the least BA & you will need quite a bit of Hydromorphone to get any notable "opiate" feeling from it. Although despite what anyone says if you take them orally for a few days and they start to build up in your bloodstream, I still find this method to offer great analgesia. I believe some people expect an instant smack you in the face pain relief after 30 min. ofingestion and when that doesn't happen they write them off as junk that doesn't work. This simply isn't true and I know from being on them for so long.

Tip: I found after trial and error that if I must take them orally, which I do. That taking them sublingual, placing them under the tounge to disolve not only hits quicker but seems to absorb more Hydromorphone. My preffered oral administration by far.

Method #2: Insulfation
Tools Needed: Hydromorphone tablets, Flat Surface, Straw/Dollar Bill, Blunt Object/Credit Card

Instructions:
This is pretty straight forward and from what i've read it has one of the highest BA's for Hydromorphone besides IVing it. (Although I don't feel that way as far as personal experience goes, but thats what the statistics say) You take a Hydromorphone tablet and either use a pill crusher (Totally worth $3) or you can simply cover the tablet with a dollar bill/credit card and use something blunt like a lighter to crush the pill to a fine powder. Once it's a fine powder which is real easy to do with generice Hydromorphone pills. Just line them up and snort. Simple and effective. I find that taking my normal 4mg dose this way in the morning with a cup of coffee offers great analgesia and a good amount of energy to get going in the morning. I find this to be a very effective method of ingesting Hydromorphone and the powder goes in your nose very easily with absolutely no burn. It's almost like they were meant to be snorted.

This is why I get confused when people say Hydromorphone is useless without IVing it. As I take it everyday and find great pain relief and even some euphoria and I sure don't IV it every day.

Tip: After a friend suggested this I found you might actually even absorb a little bit more Hydromorphone if you snort it with water like you would black tar heroin. Mix the Hydromorphone with a little bit of water in a spoon. Just like if you were going to IV it and instead of shooting it. Snort the water. It seems to make 4mg's feel more like 6 mg's to me. I think it keeps the powder from clogging up your nose and distributes it to be absorbed easier. I was skeptical until I tried it but it works great. I just wish I didn;t hate the feeling of snorting water.

Method #3: Plugging
Tools Needed: Hydromorphone Pills, 3ml Oral Syringe ( No Needle ), Pill Crusher/Blunt Object

Instructions:
This is by far my favorite method (as weird as that sounds) of taking my Hydromorphone besides IVing obivously (Which is DANGEROUS) and which I wouldn't suggest doing often if you value your health. Plugging these statistically doesn't offer any higher BA when i've researched it but in all honesty every time I've done it, it is noticeably better. I have Chrohn's Disease and sometime i'll vomit for 24-36 hours straight. I can't swallow any medication so this method is a god sendin that situation and has never let me down.

Simply crush the Hydromorphone to powder, backload it into the oral syringe, & add a few ml's of water. Just enough to dissolve all the powder. Add a little lubrication or get creative & insert it a few centimeters into rectum. Plunge all the liquid into your rectum. Suck up a little more water and repeat to get everything out of the syringe. Within seconds you should feel a quick warm rush. Lay down for a few minutes to make sure it all gets absorbed and go on your way. I find this to be the hardest & quickest hitting method aside from IVing the drug. I tend to find 8mg's this way to be much better then 12-16mg's insulfated or taken orally.

Method #4: IV Administration
Tools Needed: 2 Spoons, 2 Insulin Syringes, Micron Filter (Ideally but i'll explain the best way without), Alcohol Wipes, Turniquet, Cotton, Sterile Water

Disclaimer: Shooting pills is dangerous and I in NO WAY advise anyway to start doing it. This aside I know some people are going to anyways and a lot of people spread this information that it's the ONLY way to do Hydromorphone. Not true! Yes its stronger and the only way to get that classic rush associated with Hydromorphone, but for harm reductions sake it is NOT the only way to do it.

Instructions:
I completely advise you use a micron filter if you are going to shoot pills! If not I'll explain a method to help you get most the particles out and leave you with a clear solution that is safer than nothing.

Take one of the insulin syringes and break the needle off. Take the plunger out of the back of the syringe & fill the syringe up to about 30ml's with cotton. Pack it down there good with the plunger. Ive also found adding layers of coffee filters between the cotton helps as well. Sit this syringe aside for later use. Now crush up the Hydromorphone and place it in a spoon you've cleaned good with alcohol wipes. Keep everything sterile! Do not heat Hydromorphone you will only make the shot weaker and get more fillers into the solution. Add 1cc of cold water to the Hydromorphone in the spoon. Let it sit for 5 min. Drop in a ball of cotton off of a Qtip (or similar) and suck the liquid through it into the unused insulin syringe.

Take the plunger out of the insulin syringe you packed with cotton and back load the Hydromorphone solution from the other insulin syringe into this one. Now in the clean unused spoon push the plunger into the filtering syringe and watch the liquid slowly push through the cotton into the clean spoon. It should be a very clear solution. Now drop another cotton ball into this spoon & suck up the solution into a clean syringe. Now you should have a 100% clear solution in a clean and sterile syringe ready for injection. This isn't 100% safe and particle free but it should get out a lot of the dangerous particles from shooting pills. Shooting pills is NEVER safe, but this is as close as I can get from household items without getting a micron filter. It's better then just filtering with a cotton and shooting. You should get back about 70 units of water out of the 100 units you strated with.

Tie off, find a vein, swab your arm with alcohol, register, & shoot off. You should experience an AMAZING rush. A short lived high this way but the rush is amazing. It feels better then any heroin I've ever IV'd by far. I just wish the high lasted longer, when it comes to IVing Hydromorphone though it's all about the rush. It's like opiate crack! I've only IV'd these MAYBE 1 time every 3 months because being a registered nurse I know the health risks associated with doing this and it just isn't worth it. Plus I don't abuse my meds and I honestly use them for pain control & i'm afraid if I started IVing these consistently I'd end up addicted & abusing my meds. I'd stop being able to use them for pain control anymore because my tolerance would be ruined. If youare using these for strict recreational prupose and you know you won't have access to abuse them a lot. Then go ahead and shoot them if you are already an IV user. It's great. If your like me and have endless supplies I'd strongly suggest to stay away from IVing these!

Conclusion:
My conclusion is that there are many worthwhile ways to ingest Hydromorphone besides just IVing them. I hope that someday that urban legend and utter disaster when it comes to harm reduction sake stops soon. I hear it all the time and on so many forums. So many people never give any other method a chance and go straight to IVing these because thats what they were told. They don't even see if maybe snorting them or plugging them works for them. Once you IV them its hard to go back and enjoy any other method. I'd strongly advise people give this substance a chance in different ingestion methods & see what works for them. We all know IVing pills is dangerous and in my opinion, nothing that dangerous is worth the risk just to get high. I hope this has helped the bluelight community!

It's always bothered me that so many people say that you have to IV hydromorphone otherwise you are wasting it. When I finally ran across some hydromorphone I decided to IV it instead of snorting it. I ended up throwing away nearly ten fresh rigs to avoid the temptation of shooting up anymore and decided to snort the remaining hydromorphone. I ended up nodding harder than I have under any other opiate after snorting.

It's always bothered me that so many people say that you have to IV hydromorphone otherwise you are wasting it. When I finally ran across some hydromorphone I decided to IV it instead of snorting it. I ended up throwing away nearly ten fresh rigs to avoid the temptation of shooting up anymore and decided to snort the remaining hydromorphone. I ended up nodding harder than I have under any other opiate after snorting.

That's exactly why I posted this. To help some people out that are out there and have no experience with this drug. If they do a search they will undoubtedly go straight to shooting it after collecting information from this forum and others. It simply isn't true that you HAVE to IV Hydromorophone. I believe that you HAVE to IV it to get that classic "Ultimate" rush that Hydromorophone provides, but you don't have to IV it to simply get pronounced effects from it. I believe having the IV it or it doesn't work pounded in to your head makes you "think" it doesn't work when you do end up trying to do it other ways.

If it had absolutely no effect without IVing it they would of stopped making it in pill form long ago and no chronic pain patients would stay on it for more then a month. I've been on it for about a year now and I'm very pleased with the analgesia it provides. Plus once every 3 months I can treat myself to a "shot" if so be it. I generally try to avoid though because as you said, the temptation just becomes to great after you experience that rush and your ready for another 10 min. later! When your prescribed 6 4mg tablets a day that could become a big problem fast! MmMmMm just took another 8mg's and I feel fine, smiling, and out of pain. I didn't have to shoot it either... ... ...

Thanks for taking the time post this. You are absolutely correct - it has become such a broken record pointing out that IV is the ONLY way to enjoy or effectively use dilaudid, and as you have pointed out, this is just not true, at least for most people.

Thanks for taking the time post this. You are absolutely correct - it has become such a broken record pointing out that IV is the ONLY way to enjoy or effectively use dilaudid, and as you have pointed out, this is just not true, at least for most people.

Thank you, Im trying to spread this as much as I can for hard reductions sake. Im happy to see it's already had almost 100 views. It's also a good guide for those looking how to best take there Dilaudid with or without IVing. I hope more people try plugging these as that seems to work wonders for me. It's one of the few ways I can actually get near nodding without having to go outside of my prescribed dosage. Usually I have to lay down afterwards and relax, but I can definitely get great effects with that method. If anyone else has information or input to add please do.

who else out there feels that despite what some published studies may say that the rectal feeling may in fact feel as good if not better then snorted?

I've been plugging dilaudid for 9 months now and been telling everyone here how well it works.

One thing that I'd like to compare with others and try to understand is the vastly different feeling I get with plugging vs snorting. When I plug, as you described there is the amazing, warm and fuzzy rush. But snorting hits me totally differently - it's a milder onset and gives me energy, a positive buzz with which to tackle the day.

For the life of me I can't understand why different ROA with the same drug in the same dose produce such wildly different results.

One other thing I'd like to compare notes on - although I've been doing this a few times a day for about 9 months now, only in the last few weeks have I noticed that my plugging rush has been greatly diminished - sometimes I don't get it at all. Not sure why.

I generally plug between 4 and 8mg at a time.

I love Hydromorphone by any ROA assuming I have enough. Yeah, its cheaper to IV it and it will last longer, but other ROAs work fine too. Its my favorite opiate, though I have not tried Opana yet.

Does anyone else have experience both plugging and snorting hydromorphone? I'd really like to compare results with someone (see my above post for details).

Thanks Danky for the dissertation, It is much app.
I booted 4mg and got the same buzz as 12 in the butt. As a bonus all the pain in my neck, shoulder and back went bye bye with only 1 little yello pill. It was my first boot and I may not do it again, I too am in the med field and can't walk around looking like a pin cushion and like you, I wish to scoot the pain away, not hide from reality. I could see myself very quickly in search of oblivion 24/7.
As far as snorting it, I tried a 4mg blast the other nite and it actually left me jones-ing.
oh well...toodles.
I will stick with 1 under the tongue or 8 in the butt.
By the way....Dillbucks always work better on an empty stomach, IMHO.
see ya!

IV is clearly the most powerful and euphoric but I like snorting it as well. I find it to have a longer duration and its a nice smooth ride. However it's a pain to snort all that powder and I tried the water method once and it an instant it went down the back of my throat.

I tried plugging it once or twice but it didn't do anything. I was disappointed because I like plugging oxy. And eating it to get high is just a complete waste....

iv hurts

Hey Now,
When I tried Bootin' that stuff it left sore red marks on my veins...... wot up wit dat!?:!

Hey Now,
When I tried Bootin' that stuff it left sore red marks on my veins...... wot up wit dat!?:!

I hope you dont have Behcets disease.
Its probably like CaptainHeroin said, or maybe a reaction to one of the fillers.

being the insane type...I tried tonite in a different spot...the top of my hand in a huge vein....no red no swelling...but you know, the whole deal ain't worth the hassle.
With so many eaiser holes to shove it in, I don't think i will bother...unless I kin get some liquid pharmies.
thanks for your input
Ty

Yeah the rush is awesome from IV but after that theres really nothing there, rush then its basically over, I like plugging to get a way longer high with some nice euphoria, maybe shooting a little once what you plugged kicks in so you can feel the rush, but have a nice happy long high after the rush is gone from what you plugged

I have been using them for about 3 years now. I live in Canada and can get hydro-contin (long acting). Good for analgesia.

However, while I agree it is not the only way and certainly not the safest, for anyone wanting a nice rush with goood analgesia IV is the ONLY way you can acheive this. This is for the more advanced user(addict)< I know a few people who have been doing this for a few years without seemingly any side effects. The problem is the effects are likely to increase over time and surface when one gets older as microcirculation can get effected, especially in the lungs I've read.

I recently had a test done which should difinitively tell me how much damage I've incurred in the last couple of years.

I was just in the hospital and I had IV hydromorphone. The first dose didn't produce any kind of rush for me, however second dose they gave me I think I felt *kinda* a rush. The third dose, again, a very small indication of rush. Nothing flooring. Don't get me wrong, I felt fantastic the whole time, but I never felt any kind of intense rush or anything like that. All it really felt like was 2 percocets that started working in 3 minutes as opposed to 30ish.

Maybe they gave me a super low dosage, but for my first time with IV opiates and a pretty much no tolerance, I'm slightly disappointed.

Again, do not mistake this for complaining. Anyone who ever complains about receiving IV opioids should be slain.

Again, do not mistake this for complaining. Anyone who ever complains about receiving IV opioids should be slain.

This guy didnt care for his morphine. He wanted Opana.

pic24.jpg

I'm curious to see what anyone else has to say about TheDankaholic's comment regarding heat making the mixture weaker.

Too cook or not to cook...Anyone have a comment on that?

I started out snorting D's and I'll admit, the high is quite a bit different. Longer lasting, a more mellow ride. When I IV, it's like a cranked rush, meaning its so much more potent that you don't really get to enjoy the high.

IVing D's is by fay the best way to extract the biggest rush out of this med. It's true it only lasts for a few seconds, buts it's worth it in my opinion. After the rush there is a slow onset of a heavy teeth grinding high that lights a fire under my ass and allows me to easily and willing complete any task I might have before me. Dankaholic, I can see how your IVing may be more "healthy" but to be honest, your the only one that I know that would go through all that trouble and time just to take some possible harm out of the equation. Anyhow, thanks for your input. I honestly don't think there is a better rush out there.

I'll tell you one thing. The best part of waking up is a D in your arm! Hello world! I ready for anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.