• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Detailed Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) Ingestion Methods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came out of surgery, was advised to use Dilaudid in combination with my Oxycodone (due to insurance issues with doubling up on prescriptions and needing a different opiod). They didnt really tell me whether I should continue using my MS Contin at night or if it is safe to take all 3 in semi- close proximity, or use the MS Contin in place of the Oxycodone....maybe I should ask a pharmacist.

They sliced my neck open and removed a tumor from my thyroid. 4mg of dilaudid barely takes the edge off the pain.

So intra-nasal is supposedly stronger than plugging? Should I expect an even greater increase due to faster onset as well as overall higher absorption?

yes, the faster onset will really only make a difference in the euphoric effects though because the quicker those hit you, the more high you perceive yourself to be. Its actually sort of disadvantageous intranasally for analgesia because although the absorption (BA) is a little higher, you will have more peaks and troughs creating unsteady plasma concentrations. The peaks will feel good and relieve pain but the troughs will suck far worse than orally unless you are dosing more frequently and using more than you are prescribed. I would stick to oral, maybe plugging and only use IN if the pain flared up really badly and I needed more immediate relief.

Even though I only have tried hydromorphone through IV (in the hospital), amd I think it was only 1mg or 2mg at a time, It was fucking fantastic. I do not shoot up ever, but that experience was just awesome. I had a pretty decent oxy habit at the time too, but this blew everything else out of the water. The only disappointing thing that also left me with no desire to ever try shooting up was the duration of the high. It was a very, very intense minute, but after that it seemed to fade quickly, with the overall high only lasting about 3 minutes.

I even pretended once after my hip surgery that I had hurt my hip in order to get rushed to the ER for a couple 2mg shots of it IM. lol I was fiending.

Even though I only have tried hydromorphone through IV (in the hospital), amd I think it was only 1mg or 2mg at a time, It was fucking fantastic. I do not shoot up ever, but that experience was just awesome. I had a pretty decent oxy habit at the time too, but this blew everything else out of the water. The only disappointing thing that also left me with no desire to ever try shooting up was the duration of the high. It was a very, very intense minute, but after that it seemed to fade quickly, with the overall high only lasting about 3 minutes.

I even pretended once after my hip surgery that I had hurt my hip in order to get rushed to the ER for a couple 2mg shots of it IM. lol I was fiending.

That's not all drugs IVed, just dillaudid I've found. It has a big rush but that's really all it is, it has no real nod or real lasting high worth a damn like heroin that has a great rush then an amazing high lasting hours. Hydromorphone was just a fun rush then nothing for me at doses up to 16mg, I never tried more so maybe higher doses have some legs.

That's not all drugs IVed, just dillaudid I've found. It has a big rush but that's really all it is, it has no real nod or real lasting high worth a damn like heroin that has a great rush then an amazing high lasting hours. Hydromorphone was just a fun rush then nothing for me at doses up to 16mg, I never tried more so maybe higher doses have some legs.

Now that I've gotten to zero opiate tolerance, 1mg IV dilaudid makes me balls high, and it lasts 2 to 3 hours long (the rush a good hour). Heroin does last longer when IV'd.

I belive that people say the only way to get high off these is to IV them is because there is such a BIG differance in the "high" snorting them is one thing but when you IV them its is just so super intense. I IV 2-3 80mg oxycontin at a time and let me tell you IV'ing a k8 is the best rush I have ever gotten. Of course I do not condone this

Now that I've gotten to zero opiate tolerance, 1mg IV dilaudid makes me balls high, and it lasts 2 to 3 hours long (the rush a good hour). Heroin does last longer when IV'd.

when'd you get to zero tolerance? are you off of subs completely now?

i havnt seen a post like this in awhile... props

interesting use of a second rig... i have always just filtered the solution a couple times... but this looks like it could work better...

Now I am kinda discouraged about the new hydromorph ER (Exalgo) soon to come out in the US, since it has the same time release system as concerta......that stuff is a bitch to abuse

Question about Micron Filters?

I have used all the ways described above for Dilaudid use. I would like to try the IV type again. I have never done it myself. Last time I had IV dilaudid was in the hospital. I remember the one nurse was in a hurry & he shot 3-4 mg of Dilaudid into my IV fast (I had a kidney stone & was in SEVERE pain). Within seconds of getting the first shot. The pain was almost gone. I just had a very numb pain where I used to be in severe pain. It only took 7 seconds to completely work. The rush was incredible from the second shot. The shot that the nurse who was in a rush gave me. My eyes rolled to the back of my head & I was scared for a split second. I have never used the IV form outside a hospital, but have been thinking of it. I don't want to make it a habit, but want to try it in the comfort of my own home. I saw you mention a micron filter. What is it & how can I get a few of them? All the sites I see sell syringes are all in bulk. I don't want something like that. Is there a place I can buy just a small quantity? Like I said I don't want it to be a habit & the fewer rigs I have. Then better chance I have of not making it a habit. I don't want to become addicted. So any help would be highly appreciated.

I am a male & do have one question. Has any woman tried a dose vaginally? I know that some woman have used cocaine in that way, if there nasal passages are closed up. I am just a little curious. It seems like an obvious question to me. I hope I don't look like an idiot asking it.

BTW, I appreciate the original poster of this thread. You really put some time & effort into it. I am sure you have saved some people by showing them the correct way to do it. I mean they would have done it anyway. So by having a site that could give them real information has helped a lot. Keep up the good work!

Bill

Ive been on oxycodone 30mgs 6x's a day for almost a year. And recently do to the shortage of oxycodone 30's where i live. My doctor switched me to 8mg dilaudid 6x's a day instead. And to be honest it does not seem to help the pain nearly as much! I no dilaudid is much stronger, but ive been on it for 2 months now. And it still isnt working nearly as well. And as a youth i experimented with drugs in all forms, but until this switch i HAVE NOT shoot up anything till this switch!! I was in such pain I had no chose but to shoot some dilaudid to kill the pain! When i was on my oxycodone I took it as perscribed, except for once in a blue moon snorting one. And now when im in SEVERE CHRONIC PAIN I have to shot some dilaudid to get the pain to stop. when in the past if i was in that much pain i would possibly have to snort 2 oxycodone, and take a couple perks. Its scaring me to death that because of the DEA cracking down on south florida with the oxycodone 30's(or roxicodone) that I may become addicted to the shooting!!!! Even though its only when im in horrible pain that i do shoot( FOR NOW ) it really worries me! Is anyone out there going threw this? Or has anyone felt the roxicodone helped more than the dilaudid? And if so will I eventually just get used to the dilaudid and not have to abuse it to get relief? Any suggestions, word of wisdom, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Wet the filter.

Don't you think if you pre-wet the filter in the rig with the broken needle you would get a better yield? I am almost sure it'd be more efficient that way. It's like doing a CWE, you pre-wet the filter beforehand. Just a suggestion. I also think that your 70 units would increase by about 30% (70/100 to 90/100). I hope this helps. I've experimented a bit while in my undergrad and in pharmacy school. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.