• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

JWH-018 - First Time - My Nightmare

Hey, SoftBall. I'm wondering if you can tell me how you are getting on, 10 days later. I don't usually do drugs and was only trying out this one yesterday because I thought it was really weak as it's legal etc and I had practically the exact same experience with it. I'm just hoping that there are no long term effects. Please tell me if you are feeling anything different now. I heard of a guy that had paranoia and delusions for 2 months afterwards. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also are there many people on this site that this has happened to?

Thank you,

Dara

Hi Dara, I'm not a doctor but in my experience using this and in talking to other people, any effects are very short term

the longest you would feel anything from 018, good or bad is about two hours - most likely much less than that, and the only side effect I've seen or heard of is sleepiness.

Nobody is having two month jags of paranoia and delusion b/c of 018.

Hi Dara, I'm not a doctor but in my experience using this and in talking to other people, any effects are very short term

the longest you would feel anything from 018, good or bad is about two hours - most likely much less than that, and the only side effect I've seen or heard of is sleepiness.

Nobody is having two month jags of paranoia and delusion b/c of 018.

Well I dunno, "cegly" on this page: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=408325&page=3

Says the following:

I experienced some sort of temporary psychosis (HPPD?) that lasted about 1.5 months and mostly ended about a week ago (Thank God!). It started with blurry and flickering vision, anxiety, feelings I was completely losing my mind, and peaked with loss of most brain and memory function to the point it was hard to hold conversations with people, let alone do school work. There was also a great deal of DP/DR (depersonalization and derealization) in the beginning.

It changed about 1.5 weeks ago overnight to very static filled vision that became worse and worse for 5 days. The flickering stopped at the same time as did my anxiety and feelings of insanity. Over the past week the static has been fading and I've been feeling pretty much normal.

I have no idea if this was drug related or not, but I'm so glad to be generally back to normal. I hope so much it stays this way. Thanks to everyone who gave me some support, it helped a lot! It's possible that I'd been using too many psychedelics lately and this just triggered it, or that it's completely unrelated to any drug use. Who knows.

By now, I almost just wish this thread would go away because I don't feel like thinking about this, or the last 2 months ever again.

That being said, I do feel a lot better today, albeit a bit cloudy.

Well I dunno, "cegly" on this page: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=408325&page=3

Says the following:

That being said, I do feel a lot better today, albeit a bit cloudy.

"I have no idea if this was drug related or not"

*shrug*

Glad everyone's feeling better now.

Almost anything can make your life hell if you ingest too much of it, even water.

I really hope nobody who has these problems goes back to the substance again. If this freaks you out that badly then you need to stick to some other type of method of recreation. lol.

"I have no idea if this was drug related or not"

*shrug*

Glad everyone's feeling better now.

Almost anything can make your life hell if you ingest too much of it, even water.

I really hope nobody who has these problems goes back to the substance again. If this freaks you out that badly then you need to stick to some other type of method of recreation. lol.

=D True

Sucks that you did not have a good time. I was considering getting JWH because soon i will not be able to smoke. Reports like yours can help with harm reduction. Now, not too sure about getting some jwh. Especially since you are not the only one out there with a bad experience.

OK I wanna say that I just had a flashback. It was almost as bad as what happened to me 3 days ago. I could barley talk or walk. By brain functions weren't working properly. I hope this doesn't last. Please be careful around this drug.

OK I wanna say that I just had a flashback. It was almost as bad as what happened to me 3 days ago. I could barley talk or walk. By brain functions weren't working properly. I hope this doesn't last. Please be careful around this drug.

did you get this flashback completely out of the blue or after smoking weed? just wondering

That said, I've noticed a lot of paranoia and irrational self doubts spring up during JWH-018 experiences. I always pause and find a way to explain them away, and then I laugh and feel full of euphoria. Obviously this isn't a great recreational property for a drug to have, but I think it could be extremely valuable in training those who experience it to recognize and overcome irrational and destructive emotions and to help us know the better parts of ourselves. Not much is known about JWH-018, so obviously it's best to use infrequently, if at all. If not for the attribute I describe above, I'd just use high grade cannabis.

Man, I grok what you are saying. If I haven't got a tolerance and I smoke a little too much those nasty thoughts creep in but you learn to mentally look away or tell yourself that it's not near a bad as it feels right now it's just the drug talking.

Strange substance, I've become a regular user. I have to fight the pattern of just zonking totally out and waking up an hour later.

Last edited:
Hey Pikminman, hope everything gets better for you. Don't worry, it will eventually stabilize and you'll be alright! JWH-018 is not a good first drug. Very prone to anxiety attacks and dark thoughts for many people.

I still have light static, major floaters, and very slight anxiety (which seems to be almost completely gone) 7 months later. I couldn't handle any drugs (except benzos) including caffeine or even a single beer for the first four months without feeling horrible, but now I can use caffeine and alcohol again without issue. Haven't tried any other drugs because I want to wait for my body to stabilize again. I think the static and things are slight hppd style visuals.

Here's a link to a bunch of people (including me) who had a long term reaction to JWH-018. We seem to be very much in the minority, but I think it could help in harm reduction. I used many an RC before this and never had a problem with any of them. People should be very cautious when using this for the first time.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=424493