• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Lyrica pregabalin + amphetamine + snri

L

Lyrica?

I have depression, anxiety, chronic pain, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

ive read the pharmacological mechanics behind lyrica, and it seems to be similar to benzo's effect while having a total different mechanism that may be less harmful than benzos.....

I am on an SNRI and klonopin for depression anxiety and to releive muscle tension/pain (klonopin), amps for add w/fatigue

Would lyrica be a good alternative to replace the klonopin? I like the zero toxic profile of klonopin and i am on a low dose so it is a safe therapy.

i want to know of lyrica is as safe/non toxic as klonopin?

i also read that lyrica is nonaddictive/habit forming in that if used properly and therapeutically (not recreationally/abuse) it poses no withdrawal issues or discontinuation syndrome, which is something i dont like about klonopin despite the nontoxicity

So basically, can you take lyrica with an snri and amphetamine?
How safe/toxic is lyrica in comparison to benzos?
would lyrica lessen the amp effectiveness?

because of my pain, and everything i read, i think lyrica might be better than klonopin, but SAFETY FIRST! so please help

(Advanced drug discussion)

Shifting to ADD as per user request. ADD mods if you feel this would be better somewhere else, please move as you see fit :)

I'd rather go with the pregabalin if it's long-term band-aid. It's non-toxic, not nearly as addictive, better for pain, just as good for anxiety, and has less abuse potential.

Thanks for the reply. Ive been reading all over the site and also online for more information and ive found that a few people take lyrica with amphetamine, but the amps effect is lessened because of it. this doesnt happen with klonpin for me. I willl try it if the dr oks it though

Do you think thre are any organ/metabolic problems with the interaction? Amphetamine is really tough on the kidneys, and benzos are metabolized in the liver, right? So i know they arent tough on either organ, but do you think lyrica may be?

I dont mean to get off topic, but is 50mg a day of amphetamines (prescribed and taken orally 3x daily, 20 mg, 20mg, 5mg) bad? like will there be long term kidney problems or will i need dialysis later?

Thanks

Lyrica makes many people gain weight (I gained 40 lbs inside of 2 months; got 20 off, exercising). I'm a Fibromyalgia, arm & leg pain, and Chronic Pain patient, and I can say that Topamax works just about as well as Neurontin or Lyrica, without the weight gain - but you get the "Topa-tumbles", which goes away after you get to your normal dosage levels (must be titrated up or down). I drank lots of water on both, one biggie you must do.

I'd look up the amphetimines in a search; I must be cautious with stuff like that, because it can cause me to crash for days/weeks.

Thanks absynthe. did u try absente? its us absithne, not quite original.

thats the thing, there arent drug durg interactions but amphetamines are very well studied.

lyrica isnt. no long term data really, as far asi found.

snri's are benign, ampehtamines are benign, klonopin is benign....but idk bout lyrica, so thats baiscally my question n concern

the only problem id see is long term kdieny damage, so thats why i wanted to know

1:)What are long term effects of 50mg/day amp on body/kidneys with the 3x a day dsoing? (considering snri is prevents brain toixicty, right?)

[b. IS 50 MG A LOT OF D-AMP? I was told some people take as little as 20, and some as high as 80, so it seems pretty middle.

2:)What is lyrica's effect on kidney? i didnt see issues for renally impaird patients except one, but in relation to amp, the kidney is what i see as problematic

So.........thanks again and please lemme know the KIDney damage from 50mg amps as dosed above and the action of kidneys in lyrica..

TAHNKS FOR DE HELP

_peace

Amphetamines are benign? That is one of the more funnier statements I've read lately. Neurotoxicity with amphetamines is rampant.

I have tried lyrica with amphetamine and i prefer it to either of them alone. I still get the euphoria and motivation but it gets rid of all the bad side effects, i can sleep, i can eat, i dont feel twitchy/shaky/nervous etc.

In some people, myself included, lyrica has a bitch of a withdrawal. I am on higher dose though.

What's even funnier is something that is more funny, that is, if something could be more fun/ny/(ier/est). Amphetamine being benign at therapuetic levels is not far from the truth, especially if your talking about neurotoxicity, there's countless posts on amphetamines and ssri/snri's that probably prevent any (even remotely possible) neurotoxicity. Now, we're talking about like 10% of what a recreational dose would be, which would be neurotoxic. a member Riemann Zeta has had a lot of information pertaining how snri's in particular are a good combination with amp.

That aside, thank you for your input on the combination. That is exactly what I was asking for: the subjective physical and mental fx of the combo. ill keep this in mind, and if you have any more info on comparison between klonopin+dex or lyrica+dex or whatever, please lemme know, thanks again